Kid reviews for "When I Grow Up" (CD single)

Dream of getting rich is superficial.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 11 years old May 25, 2009

I LUV THIS SONG!!

OK, 15 and up??? R U KIDDING ME??????? THEY PERFORMED THIS AT THE KIDS CHOICE AWARDS!!!! COME ON PARENTS!! They say s**y twice but you can barely hear it kinda. And all they say is they wanna be famous. Woop de doo. And they sing "be careful what cha wish for cuz ya just might get it" So it's kinda a lesson too!!! I saw like 5 seconds of the video and that might rlly be 15 and up, but the song? I would say 10 and up.
Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2020

All about reaching for your dreams

The message is simple: work hard and you can accomplish anything. Sure, the Dolls aren't exactly powerhouse vocalists, but it gets the point across.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 March 28, 2013

It's catchy

Even with the shallow "fame-seeking" message , it's still a catchy song :)

Kid, 12 years old May 7, 2010
Kid, 8 years old September 13, 2009
I LOV THIS SONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byshelshelann December 1, 2008

I like this song

Hey I like PDC.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPambaMaster April 9, 2008

Not the Usual Pussycats.

O.k. the song is about how you might dream about fortune and fame, but when you get it you might not like it. That's why they say "Be careful what you wish for cuz you just might get it yah you just might get it!" So it's actually positive because it's the whole fame and fortune isn't that great story. My only complaint is that it sounds like they're saying boobies instead of groupies. You might think I'm being immature, but listen to the song. That line could potentially bring up some awkward moments. Overall though, this is a great song!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

ummm

I loved it. It was just the singer telling what she wanted to be when she grew up and now shes got it.

LOVE this song!

This song is great. I deffinatly feel like I can relate to the song. I love PCD, and I think this song is a great sneek peek to their up-coming album.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylinbetween April 9, 2008

Nice track but not for kids

I liked the song, I thought it was very dancey and really good beat. But the song is not for kids