All teen and kid member reviews for When the Sun Goes Down

Teen, 14 years old Written bymysteryme July 20, 2011

Good but...

~ A lot of people are excepting and ignoring that she cursed in her album. But that's NOT ok with me!! I get that she wants her music to grow up. And I'll admit that the themes of her album are definitly more grown up. But adding cursing to a song does not make it grown up! Think about it! ~ All cursing aside, I would have given this album 4 stars. While the songs themselves have good beats and fun, sometimes positive lyrics, her voice sounded terrible in some of them! I know she's capable of so much more. Take her song A Year Without Rain, for example. No auto-tune and she sounded beautiful! ~ All in all, this album is for older fans because of the more mature topics and some language. Also, I would love to give this album 5 stars, but the auto-tune got it 4, and the cursing got it 3. ~ I'm going to listen to Selena a little longer, see what she does. If she continues to "Grow up" like many Disney stars before her, then... =(
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2011

Read on...

This album is aimed more to pre teens or teens 10-14. I like Selena as a actress, but not really a artist. Her first album was very Auto-tuned, and she didn't really know her style. Her second album was some what better, but this album is by-far my fav. The best songs are Love You Like A Love Song which btw Is me and boyfriends song also Who Says is good. I am really sad that Selena Gomez said d**n. I mean she is a Disney star little kids look up to her. I wouldn't want my kid listening to this album. I mean come on have you seen Miley Cyrus who smoked Salvia and have u seen the video of Miley at her 18th birthday?! And the worst Miley says in her songs is hell. I'm afraid Selena is turning into a bad girl and no it's not just because she said d**n. It's because she us pregnant with Justin Biebers baby!
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2012

Good Party Music

there are interesting beats and instruments in this album, but selena has WAY too much autotune. she doesn't have a very strong voice...
Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2012

She can really sing!

Wow! Realiy good clean CD:) Everyone 10 and up should buy this CD:) Like it a lot:)
Teen, 13 years old Written byMarion Rijskamp February 17, 2012

It's okay.

It's a fine album, but I would say the lyrics could have more meaning behind them than boys and partying. I'm not saying it's bad, but I've heard better.
Kid, 9 years old December 17, 2011

amazing! d*mn was in it a few times though

this is great! she did swore but it is not a big deal she is 18 at least she isnt like miley when miley turned 18! ahh you thought liley was a good role model look at her now!and all selena did wasa little swear word. they have great songs on this and she is an amazing role model. SELNA FOREVER!
Teen, 14 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 11, 2011

okay...

Well, Selena is not really becoming a bad girl, as other people say. I am still disappointed that she said the d word, which is not okay even if some people don't really consider it a cuss word. Is there anything wrong with saying something like shoot or dang?? (haha) Anyways, the best song by far is Who Says, so you might just just want to get that single. Overall, if younger kids get this album then either don't listen to WHIPLASH and HIT THE LIGHTS, or just mute that part.
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2011

I like it

They say the "d" word as mentioned above, but I like the singer. I just bought her album yesterday and its good!
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 September 1, 2011

Fun, Danceable Songs

Even with the album having mostly auto-tune, the songs are fun and danceable. Sex: Just some mature romance (not too mature) Violence: "Bang Bang Bang" has the lines, "I hope you slip and fall and trip all over my heart/On your knees, grasping for air, grasping for me. Nothing else, unless you count, "Whiplash". Profanity: d*mn is used Alcohol/Smoking/Drugs: "People raise your glasses"
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2011

COME ON!! She's AWESOME!!!

Ok, first off, SHE IS NOT PREGNANT!!! DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR! I think she's a much better role model then Ke$ha or Lady Gaga or Katy Perry. Selena Gomez is a great role model and I think she has a great voice. I really like this album because it has really positive messages. The partying messages aren't that bad, and I think a 9 or 10 year old could handle D word. I think of Selena Gomez as more of an artist then an actress. I really like her. Come on people, we can handle the D word. And this album isn't too mature! And she's not pregant. If you would rather have your kids listen to Katy Perry or Ke$ha then this, thats messed up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylovebug26 August 7, 2011

Great cd!

Its a really good album i have it. So what its says the "d word" but like your never going to here people say that. Selena is growing up. Her Song Who Says i love many girls can relate to it. Her vocals get better every album and i enjoyed it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJWilliams303 August 3, 2011

Selena's best album yet

Selena Gomez and her band the scene really did a great job with this album. It's a big improvement on her vocals. A lot of the songs on here have a good message. For instance; Hit the Lights, When the Sun Goes Down, and Own the Night show that you should love life and enjoy it with people who care for you and love you. Who Says, one of the best songs on her album, shows that you shouldn't care what people say about you. Love yourself for who you are. Recommend this to any Selena fans or even people who never listened to her before; you might actually like some of her songs.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylalaland503 July 30, 2011

Love it, she has really grown up.

to be honest I love Selena Gomez and The Scene,and this album shows she is growing up as a person and in her music the only thing I would worry about is her using the D word 3# times but necacceraly,the D word isn't a bad word.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl July 19, 2011

too mature for 10-11 yr olds

mentions drinking, Da*n a few times, and just more mature
Teen, 16 years old Written byraphael's_girl July 14, 2011

When the Sun Goes Down

I love Selena as an actress: she's talented and a great role model. Her music, though, has always been a hit or miss with me. I enjoyed her first album for the most part, and was disappointed by her second, which sounded a lot like everything else out there. Her voice has never been the strongest, but it's decent. When I heard she had a new CD coming out, I decided to buy it anyway, just to support her. Boy, was I pleasently surprised! "When the Sun Goes Down" is an awesome album that is original, unique, and really showcases Selena's maturing voice. Every song is incredible, and I've had them on repeat since the day they came out. Selena sends out positive messages about siezing the day, the perks of a good romantic relationship, and growing up. The only iffy content is the use of "d---" in the chorus of "Hit the Lights" and once on "Whiplash". I highly reccomend this album for Selena's more mature fans, it's totally worth it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byonyxprincess July 7, 2011

Better music from Selena, mild language that the website didn't catch

This album is really good, but a little more iffy than her previous. Yes, there is one mention of "raise your glass" in the song Hit the Lights, but the main problem, the Common Sense Media did not catch, was the language. A few uses of d**n in Hit the Lights, and one use of d**n in Whiplash. Nothing to bad, but I'd say this would only be on for 10 and up if you skipped those songs. Other than that its a fabulous album