All teen and kid member reviews for Who I Am

Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 August 4, 2011

A soul/funk vibe (wish there was more songs, though)

It's a nice album because it has soul-like music.(And Nick's voice has gotten better in my opinion) It's more mature, but It's that inappropriate. In "State of Emergency", well, the whole song seems kind of iffy with these lines: "She's seductive, she does it well/She'll charge you by the hour for a straight trip down to hell" and "See all those familiar faces crowded in my mind/I know that now is not the time". But overall, it's a clean album that's nice.
Kid, 10 years old February 11, 2010

its for anyone it helped me relize wat realy maders

i think its a great song cuz it talks about how everyone is different and just cuz there different you dont need to treat theme differently. so i give it props.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2011

HATE IT

omg it is a cd that i listened to and then i just took it right back to Target. Because it was not fun to hear it made my ears bleed. i love u nick
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheMythologyGeek November 10, 2010

Love it.(:

I love this album! It has good messages. The only thing that COULD be a problem to some people is that he uses the word "Hell" it State of Emergency, but it's not in a bad way. It is very mature sounding compared to the other Jonas Brother albums. My Mom and Dad actually like some of the songs!
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2010
My friend introduced me to a couple of these songs, and though I think pop music is pretty lame, some of the songs can be a positive message. They're actually pretty good pop songs compared to many others which just plain suck!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoBrofanJa19 May 26, 2010

Perfect for everyo

This CD is the best I've heard and I love JB and NJ so I really love this! Smooth vocals and music and this will be loved by young and old alike. My fave song is 'Olive and an Arrow'! Nick has a wonderfully soulful voice that many will be surprised with. The songs have great meanings and there are few if any bad parts. Nick and his bros are the best celeb role models out there in the entertainment world and are worth copying and loving!
Kid, 9 years old May 2, 2010

Who I am

I loved it!!! It was a song that told you who you really are.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjessica.horsecrazy April 11, 2010

Good for older tweens and all teens

The many teenagers who listened to the Jonas Brothers’ music will be very surprised or even shocked when they hear Nick Jonas’s new album. Unlike the more Pop type of sound created by him and his two older brothers, his music has a much more Soul sound to it. However, it is still a good album. My favorites are ‘Who I Am’, ‘Rose Garden’ and ‘Last Time Around’. There aren’t really any big concerns towards this album. There’s no bad language or anything over romantic. ‘Rose Garden’ is about a girl who ‘was brought into this world out of a beautiful mistake when her mom was just a girl’ and ‘State of Emergency’ mentions a woman who will ‘charge you buy the hour for a trip straight down to Hell’. The words in the songs are very mature and thoughtful, dealing with real, relational issues without the oh-woe-is-me factor you may find in many other songs. Nick Jonas is also Christian and wears a purity ring, making him a very good role model for kids. Overall, ‘Who I Am’ is a pretty good Pop/Soul album and is appropriate for kids aged 11 +. - Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2010

vove

Teen, 13 years old Written bysarah_soda February 27, 2010

Interesting :)

I really enjoyed this album, I liked how it wasn't some of the usual pop which can get boring at times. I enjoyed how it was a little more mature then expected. The only that may be considerd bad that was the unmentioned line of lyrics saying "She was brought into this world/Out of a beautiful mistake/When her mom was just a girl"...this insinuates underage sex and being born out of wedlock. And as mentioned the lyrics to prostitution.
Kid, 0 years old February 26, 2010

ADDICTED TO HIS HEROIC VOCALS!!!!!!!!!!

I felt emotional when I heard this CD and it made me want to express my feelings because it made me feel good!!!!!!!!! My body feels absolutely wonderful after drowning in the musical sensation of his angelic voice. His face helps my body fee secure and controlled!!!!!!!!!! If I could I would stalk him til' my DEATH!!!!!!! At first I thought this was a woman but, was glad when I herd it was a man because it awakened the woman inside me. He makes my tape worms dance. I LUV NICK JONAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO U HAVE 2 BE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO ADDICTED 2 U THAT IF U DIDN'T EXIST I WOULDN'T EITHER!!!!!!!!!! YUR VOICE SOUNDS EVER BETTER ON MUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykrazypanda February 13, 2010

Cute guy, great songs, tons of talent, could you ask for more

everything about this album is Great. you have to get it.
Kid, 12 years old February 10, 2010

I LOVE NICK JONAS

Nick Jonas is my hero and the most amazing musician since Stevie Wonder. He is a true inspiration and a great role model for teens everywhere! GO NICKJ :D