All teen and kid member reviews for "Wide Awake" (CD Single)

Kid, 10 years old October 15, 2013

Katy Perry's a good singer.

Clean, catchy song.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 June 30, 2012

Very good

Really good song with some Christian influences ("Born again out of the Lion's Den; God knows that I tried.")
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 November 6, 2013

Catchy Tune From Pop Princess (3.5 stars)

I don't listen to much Katy Perry, mostly because her music is edgy and has some questionable messages, but Wide Awake is not one of them. When I first listened to it I just thought it was okay, but now I think it's pretty cool. It's catchy and has some somewhat unique lyrics. I think it's fine for kids, although they probably won't get/understand the lyrics.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJ4VZ October 13, 2013

great, powerful song

great, powerful song
Teen, 13 years old Written byKit-Kat Girl January 21, 2013

Great Song

I love this song. It's catchy, upbeat, and fun to sing along to. Katy Perry's strong vocals make the song's feeling even more intense. Sure, it could be about getting over your ex and moving on, or if you look closer at the lyrics it could be someone who killed themselves to leave their horrible life and go to heaven. But no matter what, I'm sure kids will love it. My brother's 5, and even he likes it. The video's cool, too. Check that out!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus January 14, 2013
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 26, 2012

She is an OK chick

I must say, this song is kinda catchy. At least she does not look as ugly as most of the chicks that sing these days, Nicki Minaj is just plain ugly and disgusting, DO NOT even start with me on Lady Gaga.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWhatTheDeuce August 19, 2012

A lot of things

This is an amazing and rather sad song. Because it's about her split with Russel Brand. I feel sorry for her. Katy is emotionally immature and needs guidance. She is confused with a lot of things, I wish I could give her advice. Because she was in one of those relationships where she thought it was all good and everyone else could see the bad in him but she could only see the good. She didn't want to except the fact that this wasn't good for her. And then, he divorced her and it hit her. She was wrong. But she realizes that. This song says many things. But she is now changing her image to dark.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2012

I'm Annoyed Of It After Hearing A Million Times

but it sends a good message, fine lyrics.
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2012

Don't tell anyone this...

...but this song is sorta catchy. At least it has a good message and all. Since there's nothing really bad, I can't say much. -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

LOVE IT!!

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byYoshipie July 23, 2012

Katy's most mature song

Following her divorce of her high-profiled marriage, Katy releases this song to the public. At first, hearing this song, I was expecting this to be a typical Katy song - happy, pop, a bit of meaning etc. After listening to this, I realised how far Katy has matured with her music. Lyrically, this song conveys a very important message - through every aspect of your life - whether it's relationships, families etc. - you need to stay strong and stay sensible. Something may seem perfect in one minute but absolutely rubbish in the next minute. This is song is very kid-friendly, and I recommend this to anyone 11 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycupcakelove321 May 30, 2012