Kid reviews for X & Y

Message music for this millennium.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 17, 2015

cosplay is awesome.

I've been listening to this and coldplays other albums for as long as I can remember. I even remember watching the music video for fix you when this album first came out. I don't think there is anything inappropriate in this awesome album from this awesome band. Perfect for 5+
Teen, 15 years old Written byDogMediaLover June 22, 2014

X & Why do people not like Coldplay?

They're pretentious, they're over-produced, bla, bla bla. They're geniuses. I'm doing a project on constructing the perfect song and I worked out a formula. I tried it out on every song off this album and each one complied.
I got into this at 11, so I give it an 11, but a yellow 11, because it made me a very melancholy 11-year old. Like who would have thought being 11 was hard? Anyway, Coldplay's best. A must-listen.

KEY TRACKS: Square One, White Shadows, Fix You & Twisted Logic
BAD STUFF: Just very melancholy. One song is about the death of a family member and loss/love are not uncommon topics. But nothing bad.
Great messages for tweens/teens, about handling heartbreak. Coldplay are good role models.

Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2013

X= Awesome and Y=Epicness!

This album is a tad depressing, especially A Message and Swallowed by the Sea. :) GREAT EFFORT. Tune to these songs: Talk, Speed of Sound, A Message, and Til Kingdom Come. :D AMAZING ALBUM.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymardoggie2013 December 30, 2010

Coldplay at its best.

The lyrics are complex, but it's wonderfully clean and beautiful. Perfect family music.

Teen, 14 years old Written byOrcaheart7 December 16, 2010

Oh no, what has society come to?

I hate ColdPlay! How in the world did they get famous? Seriously, they probably eat fettucini noodles with chunks of rice pierced into them. I would rather snip the tip of my eyebrows off with a piece of lettuce than listen to this CD, and I don't do that very often.

Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2010
I satated listening 2 coldplay when iwas 6 and still love it
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

Upload it on you Ipod, Mp3 player, Etc.

I started listing when I was 7 and I really like how smooth the singer's voice is. My favorite songs are 'Fix You' it always makes me cry, and 'The Hardest Part' which is really sweet. If you're a girl or a boy, you will most likely like it. Their is nothing you need to worry about when you listen to it, again I started listing when I was 7!

Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2009

x&y- YAY!

I love Coldplay! It's hard to find music that bears both cleanliness and amazing quality, but this falls right in there!

Fix You is an amazing song, by the way. I reccomend it for anyone going through tough times

Teen, 15 years old Written bylovehopefaith July 7, 2009

Deep, thoughtful lyrics. Ages 11 and up!

I love Coldplay, they're my favorite band. My favorite songs on X&Y are Yellow and Swallowed in the Sea, they both remind me of my lovely boyfriend, because we dont see each other very often(Swallowed in the Sea) and he brings light to my dull social/love life(Yellow).
Overall, they write songs about heartache, loss, and love. They dont use profanity or any explicit language. Their lyrics have meaning and soul to them without being overwelming to a younger audience.
I would recommend this band in general for anybody above the age of 11.

Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2009

3rd Best Coldplay album, which means it's better than most albums on the market.

More electric than Parachutes, More spacey than A Rush Of Blood To The Head, More clarity in messages than Viva La Vida. This is the "More" album.
Everything in this album is kicked up to 11, and that's a good thing.
You can rarely find good mainstream alt. bands these days (especially clean ones), but this is one of those few.
I highly recommend this album to any one with taste in music (And if you're reading this you definitely do)

Teen, 15 years old Written byledzeppelinrock April 9, 2008

Perfect

This CD is probably the best CD this year.
All the tracks are interesting songs with cool guitar licks, emotional piano, and awesome effects. All the songs have a good message. The best song is "Twisted Logic". There is a hidden track called "Kingdom Come" or someting like that at the end about a minute after the last song. Great CD! If you like this get the Fix You-EP off iTunes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysirloinsteak911 April 9, 2008

The Best Ten Bucks I Ever Spent!

This CD is a must-have for all ages! It's perfectly safe, and has a great message.
Teen, 17 years old Written byitisme April 9, 2008

Great CD

Different than most mainstream music, but in a good way. Why are coldplay popular? I don't know, but there's something about the music that people can't turn down. This CD isn't as good as their last album "A Rush of Blood to the Head," but it is still worth listening to.
Teen, 14 years old Written byquertydog April 9, 2008

This is amazing...

Amazing CD, amazing CD. This band actually surprised me when I first listened to some of their songs. No swearing, no depictions of sex or violence, except possibly a bit (when I say a bit, I mean you hardly notice it..)in a music video or two. They have like two more albums besides this and A Rush of Blood to the Head. So yes...great band, great music.

I wish I lived in Britain.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfatcatmikez April 9, 2008

Simply Wonderful

Awesome CD! Anyone can listen to it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byv-ball_luver April 9, 2008

Great CD!

Not as good as Parachutes or A Rush of Blood to the Head, but still an excellent CD. Some of the songs may sound familiar to each other, but this CD is still wonderful, and apropriate for all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

Great Album

A must buy if your an Alternative fan.

Good.

I really liked it. Especially Fix You, Talk, and Speed of Sound, I guess were my favorites. They sound nothing like The Fray, except for one bit in Fix You. But yeah all of it is really good.