All teen and kid member reviews for Yeezus

Teen, 13 years old Written bybl0odynuke88 July 9, 2013

Only one song is bad

Im in it is the only song which shows sexual content
Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 July 2, 2013

Experimental Rap Album With Alot of Language/Sexual references

This is Kanye West's newest masterpiece. It is different than his earlier. The album has elements such as electronic, acid house, dancehall, and industrial music mixed with samples and Kanye's rapping. This is a very controversial album, because of the name of the album and the track I Am A God. Like his earlier albums, there is a large amount of swearing and sexual references. There are references to drinking and drugs also. Kanye also mentions brand names. Overall this is an interesting experimental album and it is really good, but not for anyone under 16.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHiphophead123 November 9, 2014

Yeezus: The Unique Disaster/Masterpiece

As a hip-hop head, I have much love and respect for Kanye. Even if he is a total jerk and the most egotistical person of the last decade, he makes some of the best music of the decade. Yeezus is another step forward into the future for Kanye. Sonically, this album is literally in the future. When you turn this album on, you will hear what is basically a hip-hop/EDM gumbo. As the album progresses, you hear a ton of egotistical lyrics and a ton of futuristic beats. The production is pretty good in my opinion, but it isn't exactly for all tastes. Kanye's lyrics were not as good as we wanted though. His subject matter transitioned between interesting and thought provoking to ignorant and egotistical. It really was a letdown considering that Kanye's previous album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, was a masterpiece, but this album was good. Not great, but not terrible. The content on this album was somewhat iffy. It was definitely more intense than The College Dropout and 808's & Heartbreak, but it wasn't on the levels of Tyler, the Creator or D12. The biggest issue on this album is the profanity. It is a hip-hop album, so you will hear tons of uses of "f--k", "s--t", "p---y", "d--k", the "N" word, "b-tch", "a-s", "d-mn", etc.. The second biggest issue is the sexual content. As the CSM review demonstrated, I'm In It was the most explicit track on this album. Lines like "I'm eating Asian p---y all I need is sweet and sour sauce", "I put my fist in her like a civil rights sign", and "Your p---y's too good, I need to crash/Your t-tties let them out, free at last" simply will not go over a kid's head. Your kid has to be mature to handle some of the misogyny/distastefulness on this album. Violence really isn't an issue at all, and the drinking, drugs and smoking isn't too much either. Some references to liquor, marijuana, Molly, and ecstacy, but it is more of a "know your kid" situation. Overall, I'd recommend this album for 15+. If your 14 year old is really mature and can handle the explicit material of this LP, let them listen to it. It probably won't attract many 14 year olds due to the strange and unique sound though. This album is more for Kanye's core fans. So 15+ is my recommendation.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamuel M. January 4, 2014

Yeezus: The worst album I've ever heard

I can't believe people are calling this Kanye's best work, one of the best albums of 2013. IT'S FREAKING HORRIBLE! The new sound is absolutely atrocious, I mean--it's good to try something new, but this is a little in over its head. From the overly audible "On Sight" to the infamous "Bound 2", everything feels stitched together, and you can literally hear the splices in between the music. Kanye's rapping has gone down notably, but it's not the worst I expected. Nevertheless, it's a very disappointing album that gets too much recognition. For what?
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheDeysion October 19, 2013

eh

Some of the music here is amazing, some of it is garbage. In the end, it balances out.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfirstact July 29, 2013

Calm down

Listen, so I pretty much highlighted everything on here, but it's a good album with explicit sex references (On Sight and I'm In It), language (every song), no violence ("I put my d--k in her mouth" is more sexual than violent), mentions of brands and drinking, but seriously? KIds hear this stuff all the time, so if you're not letting your kid listen to this, you may as well not let your kid go to school.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 29, 2013

Experimental, a statement album

"My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is easily one of my favorite albums of all time, so I was anticiapting West's brand new solo album. Needless to say I was a little startled by the lack of lush, soul-sampling hip hop beats West is known for, save for closing track "Bound 2." They're mostly bare bones thumping anthems about West's favorite subject: himself. My favorite track so far, besides the accessible "Bound 2" is "Black Skinhead," which will leave you pumped up, and hoping for more of West's new material in the future.