Kid reviews for Zeitgeist

Revival of '90s alt-rock giants is worth the wait.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2009

Underrated Album-Very Good Actually

I am a huge fan of old and new Smashing Pumpkins music (yes,at age 11,I have a lot of The Smashing Pumpkins on my iPod,and I have this entire album on it). My username is named after "Here Is No Why" off of Mellon Collie,and "Bleeding The Orchid" on this album. While this is no Gish or Siamese Dream,this album is very under-rated in my opinion,mainly by the people who live in the past times. We all have to change at one point. The word hell is used in one or two songs,but certainly nothing that is censored on television/your kids haven't heard before. I enjoyed this CD...there are some refferences to violence,but nothing anyone 12 (heck,even a mature 11 year old) couldn't handle. Jimmy's drums are one of the very highlights of this album,especially on "United States" (almost a 10 minute long track),which was done in one take! Wow! My favorite songs are "United States","Tarantula","That's The Way (My Love Is)","Bleeding The Orchid","Neverlost",and "Bring The Light",and "Doomsday Clock". Some older Pumpkins fans may not enjoy this CD,but I do. Bleeding The Orchid sounds a little 90's,a hint of nolstalgia to me. I wonder why they didn't put "Superchrist" on the album.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymissmurder19 April 9, 2008

Pumpkins amazing even after 6 years apart...

The Smashing Pumpkins are an amazing band, and I've been with them from the beginning. I didn't know what to expect when I heard that they were releasing a new album, but after I listened to the songs, it was like listening to their 90's songs. The Pumpkins will always be awesome!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBethStump April 9, 2008