- Alcohol, Drugs, and Smoking
- Back to School
- Cell Phone Parenting
- Character Strengths and Life Skills
- Cyberbullying, Haters, and Trolls
- Early Childhood
- Facebook, Instagram, and Social
- Learning with Technology
- Marketing to Kids
- Mental Health
- News and Media Literacy
- Privacy and Internet Safety
- Screen Time
- Sex, Gender, and Body Image
- Special Needs and Learning Difficulties
- Technology Addiction
- Violence in Media
What's the easiest way to learn about the privacy settings on Instagram, Facebook, or other social media websites or apps?
Most companies' privacy policies and settings are constantly evolving, so it's smart to check them and tweak them frequently.
Right now, for instance, Facebook lets you choose who sees anything you post by clicking a button right next to the status field. It's a great tool, but it requires you to be pretty vigilant about creating various lists of friends and assigning them levels of sharing status. Other privacy settings are more complicated, and you'll have to dig more deeply into the privacy section to understand them.