Zero to Eight: Children's Media Use in America
- Key Finding 1: Young Children Use Digital Media Frequently
- Key Finding 2: Substantial Digital Divide
- Key Finding 3: Kids Under 2 Spend Most Time Watching TV
- Key FInding 4: TV Dominates Young Child Media Time
- Key Finding 5: Broadcast TV Most Accessible
- Key Finding 6: Demographic DIfferences in Media Use
- Key Finding 7: Media Multitasking
A Common Sense Research Study
October 25, 2011
Even some young children are media multi-taskers.
Overall, 16% of 0- to 8-year-olds use more than one media “most” or “some” of the time; among 5- to 8- year-olds, 23% do. Among the 79% of 5- to 8-year- olds who have homework, 21% “usually” or “sometimes” have the TV on while they do it.