All member reviews for 3rd Rock from the Sun

Slapstick classic offers unique social commentary.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 10, 2012

3rd rock sun

Families can talk about the different ways that TV shows can offer social commentary. Do all sitcoms offer some sort of social insights? Which ones are particularly known for offering that kind of message? Are the messages as obvious when they're mixed in with broad humor? Families can also discuss what it would be like for aliens to adjust to life on Earth. How do you think they would view the things you do every day? What do we take for granted that might confuse beings from other planets (or even other cultures)?
Teen, 13 years old Written bykellipetrelli October 30, 2010

BEST SHOW EVER

I love this show. My dad and i watch it every day. Good laughs. It's the one sshow EVERYONE in my family likes. I grew up on this show, and i think everyone should share the joy and laughs my daddy and i had growing up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycnp77 December 10, 2011

Super funny show

Hilarious show and completly addicting. I watch it with my whole family and I started watching it when I was 13.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byJesseboo July 24, 2013

Amazingly funny - even for moms!

This show is very, very funny. Dialogue is fantastic. My 11-year-old absolutely loves it, but the content of each episode varies and not all are appropriate for him. We screen them before letting him watch, because a lot of the later episodes have sexual content that he's just not mature enough to get (would be too confusing for him). Most of the 1st season seems pretty safe for 10 and up.
Adult Written byChrisj8910 April 2, 2011

For older Teenagers

Funny and brilliant. The violence in 3rd rock is pretty slapstick, the language is mild to moderate, but the sex references are very strong.
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2011

amazing!!!

It's one of the best sitcoms ever made!!! By far!! I absolutely love this show! There is some slapstick violence and it's a little more inappropriate than most sitcoms, there are a lot of boob jokes (I'd be careful with episodes when a sub character named Vickie comes to town). I love how it's subtly different than most family sitcoms. Like they have 2 chairs in the living room, instead of a sofa. The aliens are always discovering new emotions and and the events in everyday life.
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009