All member reviews for 7th Heaven

This uplifting family drama keeps the faith.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

It's Gone Downhill

There's no way 7th Heaven should be TV-G anymore. The last 4 weeks have been about sex, and it is irresponsible to leave it as G rated and in the primetime TV slot. We used to watch it as a family, but not anymore. I watch it alone now, as an evening soap opera.
Adult Written bydancingbrady April 9, 2008

Great for kids

This show helps kids realize right from wrong....it shows them the consequences for bad judgments and decisions. I let my siblings and child watch this show all the time.
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

Not the tame show it once was

The 2005 fall season is much racier than years past and the topics being handled are much more sophisticated. It's as if the whole Camden clan when on summer vacation and got wild. While the show does attempt to focus on the real issues faced by families, it has become nothing more than a soap opera with fashionably dressed teens making lots of life mistakes and then going to church on sunday.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIvoryNeptune December 21, 2012

Plus

7th Heaven was one of the last "family shows" of its time. Parents should be warned that sex is a topic. This is also based on a Christian pastor’s family, so kids of other religions will have an opportunity to see a different religion.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2012

Warning!

This show is not for kids. There is a lot of sex and it is not good for little kids to watch. There is also some drinking and smoking. Seriously, don't let kids watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid June 25, 2010

Good for teens, questionable for tweens

There is almost always a problem in every episode that deals with sex, drugs, or violence (and some language). But with the Christian faith in the show, it has good role models (Eric Camden) and positive messages.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bylcdm April 11, 2010

Not for tweens, unless you are prepared to explain

We've really enjoyed watching the show together on DVD, but the episodes we've come to are now discussing more information about sex than I would like my 8 year old thinking about right now. I had to tun one episode off. I know it goes back to good in the end, but the discussions wer too much for my 8 yr. old right now
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

The most boring show on TV. It is like trying to make the Brady Bunch wholesome and having everyday clothes and troubles. So bad and so corny (corniness works for 50's shows but not here).
Adult Written byAlis20 April 9, 2008

not for kids

I like this show, it is good. But it is not for kids at all. It talks about way too much sex,drugs, etc. no one under 16 should watch it
Adult Written byskvc April 9, 2008

Caution --

NOT a very realistic portrayal of a minister's family -- or any Christian family.
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written bymoviemum July 24, 2009

FUNNY!

This show tackles some very not appropriate issues, (and there is soup product placement in later episodes) For adults, I'm sorry but I found this show pure hilarity.Watch any episode where Annie is crazy, the twins have one name, Lucy in the elevator, Eric homeschooling, the pot episode. Hilarious! but A LOT of episodes are one big commercial for not doing drugs, joining gangs etc. So kinda preachy
Adult Written byjohnnydogmatic April 9, 2008

Perfect for preteens and early teens

What I like about this program is that for my 12-year old daughter, we have the cute guys and admirable girls that she is interested in, but in a (more-or-less) normal family with normal issues -but lots and lots of positive social messages. Great!
Teen, 16 years old Written bydancer917 April 9, 2008

LIKE, TOTALLY THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!

I love this show!! It's a great drama/comedy show for families to watch together. It's about how life is with 7 kids growing up and the things they, the kids and parents, go through. It has funny moments, sad moments, suspicious moments,and everything in between. The Camden Family consists of the parents Eric and Annie trying to raise their 7 kids: Matt, Mary, Lucy, Simon, Ruthie, Sam, and David. The show is now on its 9th season on THE WB and reruns from the 3-9 season currently air on ABC FAMILY. Season 1 is now on DVD. I really think that 7th heaven is a great family show.
Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008

The rare exception

This is truly a rare show. NO sex, graphic violence or foul language. It is excellent family entertainment. The spiritual message is definitly a step in the right direction.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAvonleaAnne November 26, 2014

Stephen Collins

You might want to mention that Stephen Collins (the dad) is a child molester.
Adult Written byEthan511 July 14, 2014

not for younger kids

I really don't like this show. It's corny and unrealistic, like when the dad freaked out when he found out the mom smoked pot in college. (This was an episode all about pot, by the way) To many episodes deal with sex or alcohol/drugs. It will lead viewers who don't know any better that heavy petting and making out never leads to sex. It also leads viewers to believe that smokers and drinkers are very bad people and to stay away from them. This show is complete crap. Only watch if you want to laugh your ass off.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimrindone April 6, 2014

The show tells many stories that can help benefit your children, I would just reccomend this show for 14 and up considering all of the dialouge, the show really goes deep in mature issues. Great show in all!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimmy2shoe July 3, 2013

7th Heaven

I think this family drama is terrific for children 12 and up because at this age children can finally communicate with the morals in the show. The Dialogue can be rough but they can take it! The family talks about teen pregnancy, drugs, and what some words mean. GREAT SHOW!
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

awesome

A wonderful Christian show Episodes have dealt directly and admirably with issues of tolerance. Characters have been beaten up at school (off-screen) bullying.
Teen, 15 years old Written byILY1-7_5-14_1-21 April 15, 2010

Good for kids 12 and over

There are many issues they tallk about that younger kids don't understand and don't need to understand yet the first seasons are not so bad the later seasons are the worst i suggest parents watch this show with there children 10 and under just in case also i think this show is great because the way they deal with issues on the show and most of the kids are good role models