Famous ZIP code gets an edgy, entitled remake.

Teen, 13 years old Written byvolleyballchick227 December 5, 2009

90210 doesn't influence our behavior or actions unless we want it to

I started watching this show when I was 11 years old and I love it! Parents need to understand that kids can't be protected from everything. They forget what it was like to be our age. I know better than to do any of the bad stuff that they do in 90210. Parents think that kids are immature and that we will think of these people as role models but that's not true. My parents don't control what I watch on TV because they trust me to have common sense. I've grown up watching these kinds of shows and I'm not on drugs or getting pregnant. I happen to be a smart, kind, and responsible 13 year old girl that just likes the drama of 90210. PARENTS: If you're smart, you will raise your children like my mom and dad raised me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDegrassiTNGlover October 14, 2010

Sucks

Hate it. I didn't think that a show could become more Hollywood, glamorous, immoral or stupid. The acting is good, but the show itself is SO unrealistic. Even more traditional soap operas are more realistic with their storylines.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGeorgielovesbooks January 21, 2012

I love this TV series. Sure, they talk about sex, drugs and alcohol but by the time kids are 10 they know all about it. It doesn't influence them unless they choose to be influenced by it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreenactress July 9, 2009

I might not even be old enough to be watching this!

I love this show, my mom's not crazy about it. But i think it's very entertaining but kind of inapropiate. From drugs to sex this is a more mature teen show. Nothing to be able to handle, but if your parents let you watch it or not. There is langauge, some violense, and bad role models. The very first episode i felt so bad for ethan, and now after tha part one i feel bad for Annie, even though i hate that actress. Good show, young kids, NO!
Adult Written byCarolynF 1 February 17, 2015
Adult Written by90210fan January 30, 2011
I disagree with this review this show has lots of postive messages like the epsode when silver discovers she has bipolardisorder this show is nt all unrealustic there are lots of consequences
Teen, 16 years old Written bytaymomsenfan April 6, 2010
Adult Written bynevemac July 20, 2015
This is very much like gossip girl, but it is placed in Beverly Hills. I enjoyed this but there is a lot of sex and underage drinking to be aware of. I wouldn't let anyone under 16 watch this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWannaBeKardashian July 30, 2011

OK for upcoming teens

amazing show! the only bad thing in it is one part of the season 2 is focused on a rape situation but you don't see anything.. there is little blood and hardly and bad words.. it teaches teens about things that happen in everyday life, what drugs and alcohol can do to you etc.. 5* enjoy..
Parent Written bylivoli88 April 2, 2014

A guilty pleasure that may not be so guilty...

The name/number "90210" comes with many stereotypes on the way the lifestyle works in this area code. 90210 is like a soap opera and teens (and some adults...a.k.a. ME!) will love it and be instantly drawn in. The show covers 5 seasons, 5 years, and it is available all on Netflix. It has lots of talk about consumerism, the typical Beverly Hills lifestyle, the typical Kansas lifestyle, lots of cheating and sleeping with friends and random people, random hookups, drugs, alcohol abuse, rehab, the whole deal. But hey, its life. Kids are going to be exposed to it and it is better to see it before its too late and the kids can have talks with their parents. I would say on for 15, but depending on the maturity some episodes would be okay for 14 year olds. When the kids are 14-15 years, its the parents call. Love the show though!
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen August 15, 2013

90210 is a good or bad?

I watch this show before, but it's too sex for us!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLemons11 November 3, 2012

Very entertaining and some good drama that we dont get to see in normal everyday life.

I think 90210 is a great show! I agree with what other teens are posting.. it doesnt influence the way that we act. Parents need to trust their kids watching this, they need to understand that this show is VERY unrealistic and not what todays teens are doing. Yes, some aspects of it may be true but not for the most part. I beleive that this is mainly a show for teens aged 14 to 17 maybe even starting at 13 if you're mature enough to handle that. Thanks for reading this i really hope my message is taken to heart because i really am trying to change the way adults think about teens. Parents, trust your kids and try to remember what you wanted and knew you were ready for when you were a teen. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bytaylorswift2122 August 15, 2011

really

really considering gossip girl is worse than this,if you think about it jsut because we see this doesn't mean we'll copy it
Teen, 14 years old Written byjustLoviNickJonas October 18, 2009

Perfect for older teens, not for younger kids.

I like 90210, I also loved the original Beverly Hills 90210, which is tamer than the remake. There is some inappropriate language- b----,a--,d---,crap, sucks. In the first season, one character is pregnant and a drug user. There is also some sexual elements. Some Characters have sex, also, some intense kissing. I like 90210 but it does have some moments that aren't the best. Also, prepare for lots of drama.
Parent of a 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 16 year old Written bycabbe May 16, 2009

My Daughter Loves It!

My sixteen year old daughter absolutely loves this show! The two times I've watched it with her the episodes were okay. Both the episodes were about the girl who does drug and is pregnant. I find the show just like Secret Life!
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2009

"This is a really good show for boys and girls, boy tweens & or girl tween's"

90210 is a great show about the lives of the teenager's of 90210! It isn't inappropriate and ok for tweens 11 and up. It's funny,sometimes sad, and has some drama.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucyxoxo August 1, 2016
I think 90210 makes life looks very idealistic to younger people showing people that money can just be thrown around. One of the main characters Naomi lives a very rich life, she throws herself at people and shows no self respect. Another main Character Adrianna does many bad things like, stealing songs off a dead singer and swapping someones bipolar medicine so they nearly kill themselves. Which could be influencing young children that revenge and doing bad things is good, however later she manages to turn her life around. People have drug problems, gambling problems, Another main character Annie got drunk and accidentally killed someone whilst driving. And someone even attempts Suicide. Teenagers who are mature enough will be fine watching, but people who are easily influenced should not watch this, I think this programme is very fake and people watching should be reminded that it's just fiction.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypollyanna576 April 24, 2016
The film has everything that life has to offer teenagers in this generation today.
Teen, 13 years old Written byharrietaudrey September 13, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byajwaterman13 September 3, 2015

Really Like This Show!

I think this is a really good show, for TEENS. Once your a teenager, no matter what your parent thinks, you know about A LOT. This show just proves it... But what's up with the weirdly close brother and sister relationship??