All member reviews for 90210

Teen, 13 years old Written byvolleyballchick227 December 5, 2009

90210 doesn't influence our behavior or actions unless we want it to

I started watching this show when I was 11 years old and I love it! Parents need to understand that kids can't be protected from everything. They forget what it was like to be our age. I know better than to do any of the bad stuff that they do in 90210. Parents think that kids are immature and that we will think of these people as role models but that's not true. My parents don't control what I watch on TV because they trust me to have common sense. I've grown up watching these kinds of shows and I'm not on drugs or getting pregnant. I happen to be a smart, kind, and responsible 13 year old girl that just likes the drama of 90210. PARENTS: If you're smart, you will raise your children like my mom and dad raised me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGeorgielovesbooks January 21, 2012

I love this TV series. Sure, they talk about sex, drugs and alcohol but by the time kids are 10 they know all about it. It doesn't influence them unless they choose to be influenced by it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDegrassiTNGlover October 14, 2010

Sucks

Hate it. I didn't think that a show could become more Hollywood, glamorous, immoral or stupid. The acting is good, but the show itself is SO unrealistic. Even more traditional soap operas are more realistic with their storylines.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytaymomsenfan April 6, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bygreenactress July 9, 2009

I might not even be old enough to be watching this!

I love this show, my mom's not crazy about it. But i think it's very entertaining but kind of inapropiate. From drugs to sex this is a more mature teen show. Nothing to be able to handle, but if your parents let you watch it or not. There is langauge, some violense, and bad role models. The very first episode i felt so bad for ethan, and now after tha part one i feel bad for Annie, even though i hate that actress. Good show, young kids, NO!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytaylorswift2122 August 15, 2011

really

really considering gossip girl is worse than this,if you think about it jsut because we see this doesn't mean we'll copy it
Teen, 14 years old Written byWannaBeKardashian July 30, 2011

OK for upcoming teens

amazing show! the only bad thing in it is one part of the season 2 is focused on a rape situation but you don't see anything.. there is little blood and hardly and bad words.. it teaches teens about things that happen in everyday life, what drugs and alcohol can do to you etc.. 5* enjoy..
Teen, 14 years old Written byjustLoviNickJonas October 18, 2009

Perfect for older teens, not for younger kids.

I like 90210, I also loved the original Beverly Hills 90210, which is tamer than the remake. There is some inappropriate language- b----,a--,d---,crap, sucks. In the first season, one character is pregnant and a drug user. There is also some sexual elements. Some Characters have sex, also, some intense kissing. I like 90210 but it does have some moments that aren't the best. Also, prepare for lots of drama.
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2009

"This is a really good show for boys and girls, boy tweens & or girl tween's"

90210 is a great show about the lives of the teenager's of 90210! It isn't inappropriate and ok for tweens 11 and up. It's funny,sometimes sad, and has some drama.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYallneedtoletloose October 12, 2014

Lifee

All of the parents saying that it's bad: Let loose a little why would you hold your kids back do you think that they Don't already know about all of this stuff that goes on. You should trust your kid enough to know that this won't influence them. The influence that I got was never to give up, always stand strong even when everyone hates you. Be honest, and stay true to yourself. 90210 shows leadership (Naomi) love (Annie and Liam) sucess (Dixon) setting boundaries (Adrianna) being true to who you are (silver) and culture (navid).
Teen, 13 years old Written byAgeRestrictionUSA February 9, 2014

BRILLIANT!

''90210'' has a lot of mature themes. Sex, drugs, drink etc. Its not suitable for children under 16 but some kids could watch it with their parents if they think they're mature enough
Teen, 15 years old Written byLemons11 November 3, 2012

Very entertaining and some good drama that we dont get to see in normal everyday life.

I think 90210 is a great show! I agree with what other teens are posting.. it doesnt influence the way that we act. Parents need to trust their kids watching this, they need to understand that this show is VERY unrealistic and not what todays teens are doing. Yes, some aspects of it may be true but not for the most part. I beleive that this is mainly a show for teens aged 14 to 17 maybe even starting at 13 if you're mature enough to handle that. Thanks for reading this i really hope my message is taken to heart because i really am trying to change the way adults think about teens. Parents, trust your kids and try to remember what you wanted and knew you were ready for when you were a teen. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bynikzie3 May 7, 2012

90210 is awesome!

The storyline and characters' actions might be totally unrealistic, but the drama is entertaining because of the facts that these situations would never exist like such in real life. I don't think it is bad for girls of 14 to see, when the characters do make bad choices, you can see bad consequences. However, there are a lot of mature issues in the series like drugs, pregnancy, etc. These are probably not suited for anyone under 14.
Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2011

Awesommmeee

I LOVE this show. Im only 12 and i have watched every episode. So. :)
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2011

Love the show but not for kids

I've watched the end of an episode and it had all of what commonsensemedia are saying AT THE END IF ONE EPISODE!!! my cousins 10 and she can watch it so it depends on the child.
Teen, 16 years old Written byveils July 10, 2011

First of all, why do I spot 11 year olds reviewing this show? It's funny and addicting but that's it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytori_dawson May 14, 2011

Okay for 14+, younger than that? Questionable

I think this a decent show for High school age kids(14+) as a lot of the themes on the show are what high school students are currently going through. It's on the CW so the Sex, Drinking and Language is mildly tame. It's like a pg13 movie. The show can be a bit over the top a bit with it's storylines(bipolar and the famous singer) but it's entertaining enough
Teen, 14 years old Written byajw1234 March 19, 2011