All member reviews for Alcatraz

Dark, supernatural drama with strong violence, some humor.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGoolsfold January 19, 2012

Good but too violent

Lots of bloody, gory, violence. Probably too much for people under 15.
Teen, 13 years old Written byos98 January 17, 2012

An interesting and thought provoking show

This show is an interesting show that makes you think unlike a lot of television. Although there is some violence and blood it is not as bad as many shows and movies out there. While violence and blood is shown it is not gory. The main guy who owns a comic shop is a really smart person who has a PHD in History and has wrote books on Alcatraz and is a specialist on Abraham Lincoln, I think he is a great role model because he doesn't use violence to solve problems. So far there are no inappropriate scenes and there only 1 or 2 inappropriate comments that are over right after they are said.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy January 28, 2012

Good for 14+, Pause for 13

I think the CommonSense content summary above is pretty inaccurate. There is plenty of violence, no doubt, and a fair amount of blood. However, nothing takes it over the top for a mature 13-14 year-old kid. It really is the same amount of violence portrayed in various action movies (i.e. Casino Royale, Bourne Identity). In this show, it is better, because the violence is portrayed as what it really is: something atrocious, malicious, and terrible, rather than something done by a few careless bad*sses who work for the government, like James Bond. There is more language than the above summary lists; *ss, d*mn, h*ll, d*ck, and SOB are all used. There are also a few positive messages about how violence is very bad, and the main characters are very good people who work for the common good. The show is off to a good start; it could get better or worse (but hopefully better!). As a final note, there are violent themes; all the escaped inmates are serial killers, child kidnappers, robbers, etc.
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2012

One Of The Best TV Series of the Year Alongside Game of Thrones!

Alcatraz is one of the best crime thrillers of the year! The edge-of-your-seat drama has a decent amount of violence and some blood splashes which make it inappropriate for some ages - but it is suitable for the more mature children!
Parent Written byLianab April 18, 2012

my thoughts on Alcatraz

Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2012

Intense and interesting with a little gore

This is a great show... except for the obvious blood whenever someone shoots another. It's kind of gross. Just make sure your kid won't shoot people.
Parent Written byCharles H. March 10, 2012

GORE

If you've been watching/keeping up with the newer episodes, you will notice that they are getting progressively more violent. In one episode, there are references to a man getting sawed to death with a chainsaw. Also, there are many graphic violent scenes. OVERALL: good show, don't watch at night, and it could loose a ton of the violence.
Parent Written bytreat02 February 17, 2012

iffy

violence is my only worry, they are caching people that were murderers and they did something that they were not supposed to do, so i think this one i iffy. i have watched them to make sure they were appropriate. some of them i watched were'nt. careful parents, this is not all appropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byocie14 January 22, 2012

Interesting show, pretty violent

This show is actually a little more violent than I expected. And the violence all seems very real and sort of upsetting, considering a lot of it has to do with murderers. The pilot wasn't AMAZING but it may develop into an interesting series, kind of like Fringe. Strong female characters. Entertaining show, well written. Recommended to older teenagers and adults.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2012

This is the best show since terra nova !!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the series premiere on monday and I love this show. I like how they switch back to the past to the present. Watch this show monday nights on Fox. Ths show is okay for kids that loved terra nova
Adult Written byJDrr January 17, 2012

Video game violence

I don't want to see "blood" spurting out of the cops that are ambushed/shot doing their job, why would I want my 13yr old kid to see this. I can't believe the network would air this at 8pm, what if a younger child was just cruising the tv??? This is video game violence as tv entertainment. Good luck to the new generation growing up on this stuff. The culture they are creating in video games, music, and tv, they will soon be living in. This is another show to undermine authority. One of the characters who is supposed to be soooo smart, he writes comic books, "advises" he did the opposite that his parents, who "are both smart", told him to do. Great. Also the prison officials are bad and the bad guys are good and victims of the state. Typical jailhouse attitude. Thats what this show teaches your kids.