All member reviews for Alias

Smart action drama with a strong female lead.

Adult Written byBobbielane April 9, 2008

Alias is a great show!

Well the violince is often and sometimes brutal but it is not like R movies... Sometimes sydney uses "makeup?" to cover her wounds. Launguage is an ocasional D*** or A**. Sexwise in some episodes sydneny goes to strip clubs... NOthing revealing though.The characters use drugs to knock out their enemys.
Adult Written byALIASfan86 April 9, 2008

I am so attached to this show! I will never let go!

I started watching ALIAS during its first season, about the fifth episode. That was when I first became ADDICTED! The characters relationship struggles on the show are what keep me coming back for more. It's like a bunch of TV genres rolled into one show, and it is amazing. ALIAS is now in its fifth season, and I couldn't be more excited for what is going to happen next. So if you're looking for a movie-quality TV show to watch, make sure you check out ALIAS!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTrissacar September 8, 2009

More for the teen group depends on how mature they are

Depending on your child's maturity level this show may or may not be appropiate for 14+. This show is fantastic. But has violence and adult issues. Though there isn't alot of swearing at all. Like Sydney's mom being a KGB agent and in the first episode Sydney's fiance gets murdered. I think alot of teens would benefit from watching it. It shows a message of compassion especially for Sydney.
Parent Written byPetalknits August 29, 2013

Love with caution

I loved Alias! It was very interesting; not too violent, but exciting....However....as the seasons progressed, it began to get more and more violent, and include more sensuality. By the time season 5 was finished, we witnessed lots of bloody throat-slashing, fingers cut off, torture, and more. Sensuality was somewhat limited, though there were scenes of seduction (in lingerie) and one night stands (showing couples in bed together). As for role models, we did have a strong female character, but many of the other characters were very iffy....parents you weren't sure could be trusted; family friends who turn out to simply love power (at any cost), more than their loved ones......Also, the lines between revenge and justice were a bit blurred, too... Of course, the idea was to keep you guessing, and this show certainly did that....however, by the end, I was confident that every single person that died would come back to life. It became so very like a soap opera, instead of a spy drama! Also, by the last 2 seasons, even though I loved the series, some of the things they came up with were kind of hard to swallow. Giant big balls, causing people to become zombies? Sure! People becoming genetically altered to look completely like someone else, all in a matter of hours? Totally doable! And on and on. The first 3 seasons were certainly better, but I had to watch to the end, to see the conclusion, and have some of those little mysteries solved. Not 100% sure that they all were, but for the most part.... Overall, I really enjoyed the brain workout, the excitement and adored some of the characters. They really helped sell it for me. Marshall was too much fun! Super brilliant computer guy can do anything, but has so many awkward moments, due to no social skills....Don't know how the other actors could keep a straight face, when he began rambling. I loved Sydney, who is a great combo of girl-next-door and spy chick. Sydney's dad...well....sometimes a guy will do ANYTHING to protect his kid. And he's a spy....what's a little murder, here and there?
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2010

Oh my god, this is the best show ever, strong female leads, positive messages, the whole shabang. Not bad at all, seriously m\amazing.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 January 20, 2013

Enthralling series

This is a really interesting series...even if some seasons were better.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 September 23, 2010

Great show

This is THE best show ever! It's not one of those shows that goes on for ever and ever. There's 5 seasons. The plot for this show is very good, acting is very good, and so are the special effects. It's not a too violent show, but it does have quite a bit of fighting, and some sexuality, but not much.
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2014

It Depends

It depends on the adult, I was 9 when I watched this show. I don't know if my parents are okay with it. When Sidney goes undercover, she can be a little open. It's a great show you should share with your kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMackenzie Logan July 7, 2013

Love everything about it!!!

I love Alias so much. I love the action, Jeniffer garner, disguises, romances, and everything else about it!!! It is seriously hard to describe how cool this show is. I recommend this TV series for ages 9-50.
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2013

KIDS WILL REIGN

i dont think you have to be 11 because lots of kids have already been introducted to violence. I mean,really. seeing someone gets shot isnt gonna make us go kill someone. im eleven and i never have thoughts of killing anyone,and i watch the show every week. THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER
Teen, 13 years old Written bybefoley April 16, 2013

A Great show I watch it every night with my family!

Its a really good show that I would recommend for children 9 and up but I recommend getting 5 discs at a time this show gets you so attached you wont be able to stand being waiting to get to the next part.
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2013

Ra

What parents need to know Parents need to know that this action-packed spy show from J.J. Abrams features a significant amount of violence, including a few graphic shooting deaths and frequent fights. Characters are constantly deceiving one another, which can make it hard to tell for sure who the "good guys" and "bad guys" are. The main character, Sydney Bristow, is a double agent, but her motives are well-meant, and she's a strong, independent role model. The show has a complex mythology that can make casual viewing a challenge, but for teens and adults who embrace it, this is a very entertaining, exciting series. Alias is a very exciting series.
Kid, 9 years old November 10, 2012

ALIAS ALIAS ALIAS

I think alias iiis a great show! Sidney might where inapropiate clothes sometimes. I AM 9 YEARS OLD OOOLAA LAA
Teen, 14 years old Written bySara1sar March 4, 2009

such a AWESOME show

i think Alias is an AMAZNG show but my parents think otherwise!! they think that the fist fights and violence will be taken to my real life at home! I agree that there are some inaproprate things for some people but the show is just too good to be given up for that! the first season has gotten me hooked from the very first 20 minutes!! if the shows violence was taken away then all of the intersetng things would be gone! plus how could a show about a duble agent not have violence!!!!