All member reviews for All in the Family

Landmark '70s sitcom lightens bias with humor.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykungfuaj1 September 17, 2015

Brilliant Show with Memorable Charcters!!!

All in The Family, those were the days! What a show!! This memorable sitcom tells a story about an elderly [ and racist] man, who goes by the name of Archie Bunker. Archie happens to own a local bar, which is his occupation. After work, he comes home, seeing his lovely wife named Edith. She is very kind and supportive of Archie, and Archie tends to find it annoying. He also sees his daughter, Gloria, who happens to be a young adult. She is in a close relationship with a man named Micheal, but they call him Mike. Mike, the future son-in law of Archie, tends to argue with him about the government and politics. Archie tends to make bias claims about a particular topic, and it tends to drive Mike insane!!! The comedy is only to be understood by children who supposedly understand the particular topics that Archie can make fun of, and it delivers positive messages based on mature themes such as indifference. Overall, All in the Family, is a perfect show for kids to enjoy with their parents. Also, have you heard the theme song?? Boy the way Glen Miller played Songs that made the hit parade. Guys like us we had it made, Those were the days. And you knew who you were then, Girls were girls and men were men, Mister we could use a man Like Herbert Hoover again. Didn't need no welfare state, Everybody pulled his weight. Gee our old LaSalle ran great. Those were the days!! :D 4/5
Adult Written byRyanD 1 July 23, 2015

All in the Family is comedy at its best!

This show, as many know, packs the punches when it comes to perpetuating stereotypes and bigotry. Archie Bunker, the patriarch of this show, is never slow to speak his mind. Contentious political, social, and racial boundaries are crossed in this show frequently. In its time, this brand of humor on primetime television was unparalleled. That being said, this show is a classic. Anyone who tunes in to the Bunker family is guaranteed a belly laugh. Archie's blunt prejudice and opinionated personality make the show. My personal favorite "All in the Family" moment is when Sammy Davis Jr. kisses Archie when they have a photo snapped. The look on Archie's face is priceless. I laugh out loud when watching this show. I'd recommend it for teens and up. The language is mild and ranges from "meathead" (a nickname that Archie gives his son-in-law) and "dingbat". Parents: please explain to your children before they watch that Archie's misogynist, anti-semitic, racist, or chauvinistic comments are played for laughs. Teach them to respect all cultures and races and to follow the Golden Rule. That's my best advice. On that note, watch it with your teens and enjoy!
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2013

Awesome show!!!!!

I watch a lot of classic TV and this is the most funny one I most seen i know there is lots of racy words and stuff but I love this show my parents let me watch all by myself with my 5 year old brother it's best show in the universe
Teen, 13 years old Written byLedZepFan98 May 23, 2012

One of the funniest shows ever

While this is great kids under 10 may not understand the humor and find it boring
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2011

Another great show from the 20th century...WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING?!

This show is just another awesome 20th century icon! I can't believe what I've been missing! But no kid under 10 should be watching it, and kids 10-12 usually should be accompanied by a parent/responsible adult. Archie never fails to bring out a laugh, but he is also a bit racist with might concern some parents. There's a few insults like "dummy" and idiot, and some mild swearing.
Adult Written byRockybalboa211 June 29, 2011

Not for kids under 15!

The only reason I put 15 as the limit is because I don't believe anyone under that age could appreciate the full humor of the show. Archie is a bigot, yet sometimes lovable.
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2011

Great Show

Well, even though im a kid, i love this show. Archie is a good role model with his conservatism.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 25, 2011
Kid, 11 years old November 22, 2009
My parents and grandparents love this show. I can see why! The humor is great and serious topics are shown in a light manner. Great show for anyone!
Adult Written byweezy April 9, 2008