All member reviews for America: The Story of Us

U.S. history gets dramatic in worthy educational series.

Teen, 16 years old Written byellocotron2012 April 25, 2012

it is good

Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2011

parents let your tweens watch it

We watch it in school.Violence: 11+ it is quite violent and at parts shows dead bodies and alot of blood. also the donnor party scenes can be disturbing because of the discussion of cannibalism though all you see is bones blood and some dead bodies. There are alot of good role models. Sexual content: 7+ Some discussion about pregnancy and more. Drugs: 11+ alot of talk about tobacco ,whiskey, and wine. Marijuana is mentioned briefly. Language: 8+ one very quick and easy to miss s***.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrs. Padilla July 25, 2011

Very entertaining history lesson

Very action packed. Our ten year old enjoyed it, and followed the storyline very well. War scenes can be a bit graphic in nature, but are meant to tell the realities of war. Very informative documentary overall.
Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 May 3, 2010

This is a historical account of America i dont care how old you are watch this it will give you important stuff the battles are not bloody just people falling down with a smear of red about one time. Kids need to know this stuff and they use the word prostitute on time very fast i didnt know they said it until i looked above
Parent Written byJim630 November 11, 2013

Needs a more balanced approach

I hope you don't use this as your only source for American history, Not exactly a balanced approach.
Kid, 11 years old October 5, 2012

My Favorite Documentary

This is a great documentary. It's very educational and exciting. The reenactments were realistic. The war scenes were violent. It's my favorite documentary.
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2012

Fun, educational show that contains some gore.

This is a fun, intense and historically educational TV show that isn't intended for young kids. This show is rated TV-14 by HBO and is rated an "on for twelve" by CSM. I think that it has some bloody and disturbing violence (especially during World War ll) that may not be appropriate for kids under 13. There is also some mild language that is limited to the words d-mn and b-stard. I personally had a lot of fun watching this show. I also liked how they portrayed certain battles like the Civil War. My HBO rating is TV-14 for Intense epic battle sequences and warfare, some blood and gore, disturbing images, strong violence, and some brief rude language.
Parent Written byPlague May 3, 2010

America: The Story of Us

This is a spectacular show for all Americans. Highly educational and offers great chance to have kids/teenagers learn more about America's history. There are some scenes that show America's brutal dark side, but its all meant to educate and refresh the American mind.