All teen and kid member reviews for American Idol

Teen, 17 years old Written byDanceMomsAddict June 9, 2014

Love this!

I used to watch it a ton when I was younger but it might be a little boring for kids 7 and under
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2013

STUPID!!!

I hate this show it sucks!!!
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2013

SUCKS

This show sucks it's stupid
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2013

Language!

I love this show, but the language they use can be a little to much for little kids.
Kid, 10 years old June 3, 2012

Best Show Ever!!!!

I've been watching this show since I was 4, but didn't understand it till I was 9. But I really, truley loved it. It's the best of the best!!!! (But there's a little bit of launguage. Thankfully, it's blooped out)
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

American Idol- a show RECOMENDED!!!!!

Many of you knwo these 3 popular starts. Jennifer Lopez, Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler? These 3 great starts are also the judges on a popular show, American Idol. This outstanding show gives a chance to kids who have an amazing voice that is hidden undernethe. Or even if you know you have an amazing voice. The singers this year are unbelieveable this year. Everyone of them blow your mind away. It starts out with the judges going ot different states for auditions then from there they go to Hollywood and maybe their singing career will start! A great great show that i recomend! It is a family show that you can watch. It provides some language from the judges sometimes and the songs have some words that are not for children. But, great show!Tears will fill your eyes :)
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2012

Nice family show

A wonderful show!!! I watch it with my family! The judges are great, there's only one problem, they decided to enter Steven Tyler. But as long as I like him so much, he says bad things to the contestents and sometimes bad words. But in Season 11, he doesn't act that way. This show shows you can do anything you want in life,and you have to accept it.
Kid, 8 years old February 24, 2012

umm...

last episode tyler went swimming... naked
Kid, 9 years old February 20, 2012

Great Show

Sometimes pray and say Jesus which is a good thing. Put American Idol bubbles over people's mouths that say bad words and bleep out most bad words. Overall it is a great show! Can't miss!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjaclyn1021 January 31, 2012

Great family show!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 January 18, 2012

Entertaining. Watch auditions before showing kids.

Good show (sometimes). They sometimes use language, and one time, while they were live, I think (I wasn't watching) Steven said the "f" word, and he got in trouble for saying that. They weren't supposed to use language that was that bad. When it's not live, they bleep it. They don't bleep "h-ll", "d", and they take the Lord's name in vain. Sometimes, females come in racy clothing (bikini girl and big bert), and there is suggestive dialogue. I'd say if you have a DVR, watch the auditions at least before you show your kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydressagehorse November 28, 2011

It's pretty good, and appropriate

It was a lot better when Simon was still a judge, but it is still fun to watch and good entertainment.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2011

Great

it's really good and funny and I love the music videos!Anyways, the language is mostly blocked out, no hook ups and it's a really entertaining show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcakeSweetie7534 July 12, 2011

Awesome!

First of all, let me say that I am a Die-Hard American Idol Fan. I have watched 3 seasons from audition week to finale. Although before you watch it, should know that they won't bleep out everything. Words like "crap", "suck","ass" and "stupid" are still heard. Yet besides that, the judges are nice, (I <3 you Steven Tyler!!!) and you can vote for your favorite contestant. My favorite last season was Haley Reinhart.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymngirl June 29, 2011

Good Show

It's a good show, but not one of my favorites. I like when it gets down to like, the top 6, but I can't say I'm a fan of the rest. There are some funny performances before, but the beginning is just so-so. This last year there was some really good talent. Also, one year, my family went to see it in concert and it was great (it was the year David vs. David)! It's a good show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiNSPiRED June 28, 2011

"The kinder, gentler Idol"

I don't watch too much tv, but I am absolutely glued to the screen anytime American Idol is on. Even though there are a bunch of reviews on this website stating that Idol has gone downhill after Simon left, the show has only gotten even more popular without the old judges. I ADORE this show- it is definitely worth watching.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 22, 2011

Great for tweens and up.

I love american idol I like voting its ok for 9+.
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

I wouldn't say this is the best show ever like Dancing with the Stars is. The problem is that they talk a lot of your favorite singers and then all of a sudden you aren't that interested anymore. Still you're always curious who will get out and who will win. Overall a pretty good show, bad words are said but they are covered up so your children don't know what it actually is.
Kid, 12 years old May 7, 2011

Nice show for fans of singing!

This is a great show for tweens and up. Especially if you like singing. There is some infrequent swearing and some flirting or talk about being sexy. There is a lot of consumerism everywhere on the show. So again, watch it if you like singing.
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2011

Cool Show!

Good show! I love watching people sing on stage live on TV!