All member reviews for American Restoration

Some salty language in antique restorer's reality series.

Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 3, 2012

Good Show For Almost Anyone

This is a really good show that can sometimes have bad language. I love to watch this show. You can learn about old objects and see how people bring them back as if they were brand new!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 20, 2012

Just OK.

Parent Written byeddjones11 October 31, 2012

Good show, but all a set-up and all about him

I really liked it until I found out it was fake. I saw a 2009 episode of Pawn Stars where a guys brings in an old coke machine to pawn. The pawn guys take it to Rick's for restoration. All seems normal until you flash forward 4 years and the guy that brought the machine to the pawn shop turns out to be Rick's brother who works for Rick. What a fix. I thought both shows were pretty real until that. The episode of American Restoration I just watched had a guy bring in an old pencil vending machine that he wanted restored to raffle off for disabled American Vets. Rick's quote was for $600. All was good and the restoration was beautiful. The surprise came at the end when Rick did NOT donate the restoration work to the cause.Rick would have earned a lot more respect from me if he'd have done that little $600 job for free - nope money is the bottom line. And, truthfully, while disappointed I'm ok with him making his paycheck, but what bothered me was that Rick said it was great to be a part of such a great cause. Rick, you weren't part of the cause - you were only in it for the money.
Parent Written byfemale viewer November 25, 2011

just sayin'

Great show, but lose the retired show girl. It's insulting.
Parent of a 10 and 17 year old Written bymo99 November 3, 2010

15+ -- good shgow

good show. some fun, some cool stuff and some leraning