Animal rescue reality show is OK for older kids.

Adult Written byWilderstorm April 8, 2011

Great messages, but too violent/disturbing for younger kids

This show is a truly moving picture of how people treat animals and how we can help. The investigators are clearly very passionate about what they do, and the success stories are very optimistic and touching. However, the violence and disturbing images in the show are too much for young children; I am 18 and still very disturbed by some episodes, such as one where a horse was slaughtered with a chainsaw after breaking his legs in an illegal race. These images and themes are not appropriate for 10-year-olds. Though they should know that animal cruelty exists and must be stopped, the program is too graphic for such young children. I recommend the show very strongly - for older teens and adults.
Parent Written bydoggymom September 30, 2012

Protection Laws for Animals a "Must".

Makes my day when I watch those low lifes get arrested for cruelty and neglect to animals. Teaches children to respect all of God's creatures..especially dogs. Dogs help humans in so many ways!!!! Every country on earth should see this program to educate their people. and have their leaders make strict laws to protect animals.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid August 19, 2010

Pets are Cool, Hoarding is Not. Little Kids Shouldn't Watch.

Adult Written bywesnr September 19, 2009
The show is very clearly against animal abuse, and for saving animals whenever it is possible. Oftentimes the animals are euthanized, bloody wounds or surgeries are shown, and the animal abusers get away. It is a good show for those who are aware of the issues surrounding pet overpopulation and abuse and aren't to easily upset. IT is not for young children and squeamish people.
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2014

Good show but very violent

It's really very disturbing and violent. They show open wounds and dead dogs and cats. It's a great show but very gross at times. Dog fighting is visible with wounds :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucamations November 21, 2013

Not a good show for kids

I really don't like this show, i don't see why animals should have special cops! this show isn't good for kids either, there is lots of violent and disturbing images in every episode, and alot of the animal abusers that they come after are drug dealers. also, we here lots of obviously bleeped words, and its easy to tell what there saying under those bleeps.
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2013

Awesome!

It's an awesome show! But, It's, like, super violent. Dead dogs, cats, ect. are shown, dogs and, rarely, cats are shown with open wounds. On one episode, a man is mad at his dog and throw's him down a fire escape in his apartment building and the dog's dead body is shown. The animals owners are taken to jail often because of animal abuse, drugs, drinking, ect. But it's reality, all real and true, their just showing what really happens. I'm 11 and I'm aloud to watch it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 13, 2012

Really good!

I like this show. It can be disturbing and will upset kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolguygamer May 21, 2012

ok this show shows the gritty REALISM of life and animal abuse ,your supposed to be really disturbed its really happening.(but dont watch if your a wuss)

Everyone who says this show has a violence problem your wrong
Adult Written bypeludo February 18, 2012

Okay, but Limited

Why is Houston constantly the focus? Animals live all over this country. Sorry, maybe I catch it more when Houston is the focus. When the San Francisco episode aired, they did not focus on the major dog problem area of that city; I felt, far from real. I used to live in SF, and volunteered at the animal shelter. This is probably the same for other cities as well. The crew only goes into areas where they feel safe. I can't blame them, but we're only getting part of the picture. Animal Planet seems to focus on the animals with happy outcomes; but, many animals do not have such a positive outcome; this hurts me.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 12, 2009

Not for younger kids.

On for 10+? No offense, but that's ridiculous. I've seen this show a couple of times, and it definitly contains content that would probably disturb younger audience members.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDuckyCow1 August 23, 2009

Perfect for teens, not suitable for children

This is one of my favorite animal shows of all time. This is about a group of people from an animal rescue group called the ASPCA that helps poor, abused animals. There are some positive role models, the people in the ASPCA save the animals from their homes and give them treatment for any diseases and treat their wounds from tightened collars and wounds from their owners abuse. There is some content that is unsuitable for younger children because of the abuse of the animals and language.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2009

Love This show

I love this show, but it can be very sad!
Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2009

It's OK

I love animals, and it breaks my heart to see how cruel people are to innocent animals! I also though like seeing that most of the time things turn out right in the end. There is a little too much violence in it sometimes though.
Adult Written byhorse_gerbil April 9, 2008

Graphic, but Very Important.

The point is to prevent cruelty to animals. Graphic images of dead, dying, neglected, bloody, emaciated, flea/tick infested animals are common, but what do you expect. There is occasional language from the abusive owners, but it is a great show and teaches kids the responsibility of animal caretaking is not to be taken lightly.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlondeLucyBelle... April 9, 2008

Must read for everyone who wants 2 stop animal crulity

Okay well my name is Lucy Siemann I just guraduated from 8th grade and I'm an incoming freshmen at Willow Canyon Az. As you know at the end of my 4th year there when I guaduate I will have to be decided what kind of classes I will need to take for my future job. I always watch animal cops when ever I get the chance I love that show and the more I watch it the more I want to do something for the abused and negleted animals that are everywhere in the world at this very minute. Since I have been very young I have been planing on being a zoo keeper or something it that area but latly I have been thinking that I would rather think about going into the ASPCA team to work with the fight to save animals that need help from abusing and negleting owners. I would be able to do great wonders for the hopful animals in the world. I could be there vocie to the world and help them restart a fresh life with a new begining a new home with a loving family and a warm place to sleep at night. It is so sad for the animlals that have this problem and it needs to be stopped. I have heard some pretty bad stories and then witnesses some from the episodes on the animal cops one was a poor dog that was supposed to be watched while his owner was out of town but he hook him up on a high fence with a metal cain color and leash, the dog was not given water food shelter or attention. When they found him he was nearly dead very thin, dehidrated and the metal chain color that had been around his neck was now embeded in his neck pretty deep and they had to cut it out with wire cutters piece by piece very carfully. I can't believe that a human being would and could be that cural to animals. I want to work as a ASPCA animal cop fighter when I get older I know that I can make a difference in life and that is what I entend to do when I get older I would go to the end of the world if thst id what it took just to make and turn around one animals devestating begining life I would always be there and I would sucseed and try to bring the people to justice and make them pay for whatever they did to the animals because someone has got to be the vocie for the animals who can not speck for them selves someone has to be there to make a difference and that someone is going to be me someday