All member reviews for Annedroids

STEM learning, positive role models in well-rounded series.

Adult Written bySenser123 July 30, 2014

Annedroidtastic

I feel we need more web shows like Annedroids as time goes on and the female characters have probably never dealt with body image problems yet since they're using their brains.
Educator Written bymcninch1 October 17, 2014

Technology, Science, AND Interesting!

Not only is it entertaining but kids will learn while they watch it. My students could tell me all about androids vs robots and hypotheses after the 1st episode!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byR. Fulton February 15, 2015

Best show we never heard of before today

We're snowed in and just happened upon this show today. Our daughter, age 11, watched the first three episodes, one after the other, absorbed and laughing often. I liked that it was set in a modest neighborhood, rather than the conventional upscale suburban setting.
Educator and Parent of a 9 year old Written byt.j.r. December 12, 2015

Great Show For Everyone

This is a great show. I work in STEM and the character of Anne is exactly the why I see my female co-workers, smart,intelligent, and no-nonsense. While the situations are contrived and a bit cheesy there is some real science being taught and the environment is creative and imaginative. This is what childhood should be about, getting out in the world picking up some junk and getting creative with it.
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2016

wow

this show teaches you everything you need to know about science and it has a little silliness such as a car powered by sweat but for the most part it teaches you about science
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2016
Parent of a 6 year old Written bypattykel November 9, 2015

Terrific!

My son (age 6) and I LOVED this show (in fact, so much, I refused to let him watch it without me). The science content is spot on without being overwhelming or dry, it encourages curiosity and experimentation without being pedantic, and does all this while showing true diversity with respect to race, class, ethnicity. Best of all for us, given that I am newly a solo parent, the show delicately grapples with the issues of single parent families, no-show fathers, and the like in a gentle, accessible way. It also is one of the rare shows that illustrates some degree of the realities of social and economic class, if such things are important to you - in the same vein as shows from a previous era (I'm thinking Rosanne - though of course this show has little in common with that program). It's refreshing to me to see characters and families that are not wealthy or even solidly middle class on t.v. (or in this case, Amazon) once again. As a family whose finances have recently crashed, it's refreshing to see folks like us on the screen and certainly helpful for my son (though we don't yet live in a junkyard). Love this sweet, funny show!