All member reviews for A.N.T. Farm

Cute comedy has good anti-bullying messages for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byaquaprincess May 12, 2011

Poor acting, cliche story

I don't understand why common sense media raves about this show. I watched the pilot, and I considered turning it off halfway through. I don't know if it's just because I'm older, but this show is annoying. I tried to be positive about it, but honestly, I can only hope it gets better because this show is going to flop right away. There isn't much that's inappropriate about it, but it's just plain cheesy. Don't waste your time on this show. EDITED TO ADD: I gave it one star. Common Sense Media doesn't allow no stars. If I could do no stars, I most certainly would. EDITED TO ADD: This show makes me sick. I don't watch it anymore, but I had to add this. I have NEVER hated a show as much as I truly detest ANT Farm. This is the worst show in existence today, and I am absolutely shocked that it actually passes for entertainment. To start with the main character, China- everybody in this show absolutely worships her. It doesn’t matter what she does wrong. She’s the Queen of the ANT Farm and everybody knows it! It would be better to list this than actually rant on and on about what I hate about this show. 1) China goes to high school, and so does Fletcher. Okay, I can understand why Olive should go to high school- her memory is fantastic. But why couldn’t China and Fletcher’s parents put them into a special school for musicians or artists? WHY do they have to go to high school? Talent in the fine arts is not linked to intelligence in other subjects! Is that promoting a good message? What if somebody doesn’t have excessive talent? Won’t they think they’re stupid? 2) Budget cuts. This one really frustrates me. If their school is experiencing budget cuts that are so terrible, why don’t they cut the stupid ANT Farm, or at least stop giving the ANTs ANT Pads? Is there a reason that they need tablets? They don’t do anything on those ANT Pads except to watch TV shows and play with apps! Meanwhile, the high school students get absolutely nothing! Each of these students gets their own personal corner- a personal RECORDING STUDIO must cost a lot of money, no? What’s the use of a personal recording studio if China keeps attempting to get ‘discovered’? And why does Fletcher have an art corner, and Angus the most advanced computer equipment in the world? 3) Class. So, can the ANTs come to the ANT room any time they feel like it? Because I’ve noticed they do NOTHING in the ANT room except for sit around and talk to their friends. Rather than letting their talents flourish, they basically skip class and talk to their friends. Yes, I’m SURE this is a way to let your talents grow! I’ve noticed China doesn’t even take a music class. Fletcher doesn’t even take an art class and Olive… goodness knows what kind of class she should take! 4) Thinness. It’s as if being extremely skinny is the norm on this show. I’m pretty sure this China person is anorexic, because she is SO thin. And then Angus, who’s only chubby from baby fat, is shown to be a ruthless pig, eating giant chicken legs and seeing everyone as meat. How does this make people feel when they’re slightly overweight? 5) Money! China’s dad is a police officer and her mother is a BIRTHDAY PARTY ENTERTAINER, and yet China still lives in a GIANT house and is able to get EVERYTHING she wants. Why do Disney Channel stars have to get EVERYTHING they want?! Why can’t they ever be slightly deprived? Just slightly? Maybe the main character should be struggling a tiny bit! Maybe they should be lonely and unpopular, or be dealing with a loss, rather than be dealing with breakups and their own faults. 6) Setting people up. These people are ELEVEN, for goodness’s sake. WHY are they being set up? For example, Fletcher has a major crush on China, and Angus has a major crush on Olive, but WHY would they go out at such a young age?! What next? Seven year-olds having their first kiss? Wake up, Disney! I truly hate ANT Farm. There is so much I could say about it, but I’ll spare you all. DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW. Do not give this show ratings! Don’t kill your brains and promote bad messages! This is an awful show, totally fluffy, only it doesn’t make you feel good or get away from your troubles- it just makes you angry that this whiny girl has such a perfect life. Chyna’s talents should remain in singing. After all, I do think she’s a talented singer. But when it comes to acting, she needs to LEAVE DISNEY CHANNEL. She will only get Disney records, and everyone will know her as China Parks.
Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2011

Amaya is out peace

I think that A.N.T. Farm is a smart non-violent show for any age
Kid, 9 years old May 10, 2011

The show is very strange... and it's kind of annoying, but there was a funny part or two. I don't think I'll start watching the series when it premieres.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 21, 2011

Good for tweens

It looks a little boring but younger kids would probaly enjoy it.
Adult Written byskoonix May 10, 2011

Funny, Silly and Well done

My kids really enjoyed this comedy - its silly and funny and energetic. I thought the young cast was exceptional but what I also appreciated was there were a few jokes that went over my kid's heads and I enjoyed them. Showing China deal with older kids and peer pressure was well done, but most of all it was just entertaining (and man - can that lead girl SING!!)
Teen, 13 years old Written byGlee rockz May 31, 2011

Blah show blaher do to bad portrayals

Don't let your 11 year old watch this, he/she could take it as an insult. Bad portrayal of adolescents. Oh, and for those people who say it's "Cute", cute is for bunnies. I just want to see something good.
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2011

educational

I think this show will be good because it's about "gifted" kids. I'm in a gifted class in my school and I'm gonna like this show because I can relate to it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDr.Pepsi May 22, 2011

Give this show a chance!

This show kinda grab my attention, while I was watching the suite life on deck, but I'll watch when It premieres on Disney Channel.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 June 3, 2011

Not so good

It's kind of a weird show. The acting seems unrealistic (just my opinion). But, it's mostly an innocent show; there's some slapstick humor, some flirting, and name-calling. (But the reference to Satan in the first episode was kind of edgy).
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2011

great

basicly really good show. i saw the piolt but some adult humor was in it
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2011

Review about show

I think this show would be an excellent selection for your kids to watch i love this show i think it is great i really consider that you watch this let me know what you think of it its also funny!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytv show June 1, 2011

Change the Channe

It has a lame plot, and horribble acting
Kid, 10 years old May 27, 2011

The Positive

I think that A.N.T.Farm is funny and is my initials.Allison Nicole Turner.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAlayaraye May 31, 2011

Sing More, Act Less

I think that it was a cute show. My little sister was watching it, (she's 10) and loved it. Its a little stupid on occasion, but overall cute show to tune into when you catch it. The singing is the best part. Shes very talented, she should sing more, that would out weigh any negativity.
Teen, 15 years old Written byToxicValentine June 3, 2011

It's fine!

Positive messages, and good role models. China and her friends are kids with talents following their dreams and not letting their age stop them. I think kids will love it! There is some flirtation, like "You're beautiful-I mean..your music is beautiful." "I think magicians are SO hot!" "..Pick a card." Though the flirtation is nonsexual and mild.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperq4898 June 23, 2011

Don't bother...

This show is TERRIBLE! I watched the preview for it and wow! If you were good at music and you were 11 you wouldn't be going to highschool. Kids won't be able to realate to the characters. I remember the good shows like Thats So Raven and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. If this is supposed to replace Zack and Cody Disney is crazy! And I've noticed that all Disney "stars" can kindaish sing.
Teen, 16 years old Written byveils July 10, 2011

Bad

Gosh Disney Channel series are really bad now. If any parents or kids want to watch some seriously good DC shows I recommend, That's so Raven, Suite Life (ORIGINAL), Hannah Montana (seasons 1-3), Sonny with a Chance, Wizards, Lizzie McGuire, and Phineas and Ferb. In regards to viewers, yeah it's age appropriate
Teen, 13 years old Written byKeykers June 29, 2011

Predictable Disney

Okay, in Disney, there is always going to be a show where there is the smart child that everyone loves and the stupid one. Its a cute show but is so cliche. Disney needs to step it up instead of using the same thing but different names and different people. I loved the Suite Life's but they did the same thing. Cody was smart Zack was stupid. Hannah Montana- Miley was a loved superstar with talent and Jackson was the talent-less failure. It seems as if that's the only thing Disney can create.
Adult Written bymissactress2be July 2, 2011

Well........

It depends on what age you are. I mean, little/young kids will probably enjoy this and find it entertaining, but most adults will probably get annoyed at the cheesy jokes. Probably once you're 12 years old, this will not be for you. Younger, you might like this. Just think about what age you are.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byCindy R September 26, 2011

Pre-Mean Girls

I have a 5 and 7 year old and wouldn't let my kids talk like the kids on the show. Sassy and conceited language. I happened to catch this show only because the TV was still tuned to the Disney Channel from the morning. Though it's supposedly OK for older kids, I wouldn't allow any age to watch this. Seems like these kids are on track to be Mean Girls. I happened to watch most of the episode because I couldn't help myself it was so bad. I saw the episode titled "FraudulANT". Since my kids aren't tweens yet, I just haven't seen any of these shows geared toward this age, and I hope they're not all like this!