All member reviews for As Told by Ginger

Junior high girls are models of self-esteem.

Adult Written byMaddys_Wooden_sox April 9, 2008

I like Tv.

This show is good. I like it. It's a nice show to relax to, and often has brilliant lines that are hard to forget.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCarlTheCritic June 12, 2013

Great show.

As Told by Ginger was funny and cool. I also really liked the characters, my favorite one was Carl. He has the EXACT SAME NAME as I do. The theme song was catchy as well.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2013

As Told By Ginger

As Told By Ginger is a positive cartoon, Ginger, Macie and Dodie are great role models that encourage others to be themselves. The school bullies, Courtney and Miranda do possess boasting mean behaviour. It is a great cartoon overall and I would recommend it.
Adult Written byvioletaA February 5, 2013

Definitely a must for young women

I watched this show when it was still on the air and always loved it more than other "girls shows" on then and after. I remember loving it, but recently I've been going through some of my favorite tv shows from when I was little and found some that I would allow my children to watch (when I have them) and some I wouldn't. This show is the most recent one and I'm almost through the entire series. I see more things now that I may not have registered when I was younger but nothing that concerns me. There are many things that are acknowledged in the show that I haven't seen in many others probably because they might be seen as "risky" or depressing. There is a constant message of being yourself in every episode. Death, is a topic that has been in the show a few times, an elderly woman Carl became friends with and has a more "Harold and Maude" feel to it in that they are both quirky and "weird". Dodie's (one of Ginger's friends) grandmother dies in one episode and the topic of death is discussed, how it affects Dodie who was close to her grandmother and Dodie's younger brother Hoodsie who wasn't and didn't appear to like her that much. This makes Ginger want to know about her late grandmother which leads her to discover that they were rather close when Ginger was a baby. Relationships also dominate a good part of the show and not just boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. The "IN" crowd teases Ginger and her friends quite a bit, but it never seems to make a negative impact on the trio. I apologize for this long review but I truely believe this show is quite good and appropriate for young girls. It even touches on the issue of girls shaving their legs, where Miranda (a popular girl) threatens to tell the school about Ginger not being able to shave her legs. Lois(Ginger's mom) doesn't believe Ginger is old enough to be shaving her legs, and ultimately the solution Ginger comes up with, is to shave her ankles to trick Miranda into thinking she has shaved her whole legs. Religion is also discussed when Ginger discovers that she is half Jewish. I'll end up rambling on and on, but ultimately it is your own decision if you want your child to watch it, there are a lot of different subjects touched on that some children are exposed to, (i.e. single parent, death of a loved one, religion, ect.) if you feel unsure about the content, I'd recommend watching a few episodes and see for yourself if you like it. You could even watch it with your child which gives you a chance to discuss these issues with your child and see how they perceive the show.
Kid, 9 years old May 4, 2012

a boys nightmare of girly and boringness

you love boring and girly stuff. than this the show for you!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Amazing!

This cartoon is perfect for all ages! It teaches lessons and keeps kids entertained LOL!
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 15, 2012

Perfect!

This show is really cool! The animation is great and its REALLY funny! The only episode I really hated was Cry Wolf.My favorite episode is is Come Back Little Seal Girl.That episode was amazing! I recommend this show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Beiber July 10, 2011

An Imaginitive show!

I loved it when I was a kid, I really like it still. Good animation! It's all about friendship, growing up and other morals. But now things are changing when we have the new horrible shows on nickelodeon. Like Fanboy and Chum Chum. I loved this show and yes I still watch it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJeusus-Christ man37 June 29, 2011

This was a great show

This was a great show. It taught kids morals and was fun to watch. It was one of my favorites growing up. I loved As Told by Ginger. Good show for all ages!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bysethypoo2000 April 2, 2011

Perfect For The Whole Family!!!!!

This is a very good show, indeed!!!!! It teaches people friendship!!!!
Adult Written byWaterNymph March 18, 2011

This was a great show. It taught kids morals and was fun to watch. It was one of my favorites growing up. It's such a shame that it's gone and now we have iCarly and all this other junk Nickelodian poops out.
Teen, 15 years old Written byibarncat January 15, 2011

Junior high girls are models of REAL teen drama, definetly much better than Degrassi and Gigantic

This is simply a splendid show. It realistically deals with a girl as she goes through her middle school life. She is an extremely good role model as her personality is practically universal to people of both sexes (which is why I strongly disagree with anyone who is off base enough to think this show is girly) and she is more mature than most college students. The plot lines are extremely interesting, and there is a certain amount of humor as well. If the TeenNick channel is obsessed with drama, then they should start airing this, and get rid of that boring Gigantic and stop over-playing the rarely interesting Degrassi. As far as content is concerned, there is nothing that could possibly be seen as inappropriate for certain kids at all. Still, this is a show that in reality can pick up an audience of people between the ages of 12 and 18, rather than Nick's traditional audience of 6-12. Then again, the Carl sub-plots, which I consider the show's main weakness, if not its only weakness, are simple and comical enough to attract some younger kids.
Adult Written bymessuup2008 August 26, 2009

growing up

now this really should be for kids but it is a good show to watch when a teens is going threw adlescance and they can identifye with the caritors who r going threw the same thing
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 2, 2009

UM..............

CSM ,This show was oringally rated TV-Y.

DAY OF THE SHAWDOES PART 1