All member reviews for Auction Hunters

Entrepreneurs find buried treasure in fun reality show.

Adult Written byenviousdominous November 5, 2011

Fun and entertaining

While it has several reality tv show cliches that some may find annoying, the one cliche it thankfully does not have is people behaving in extreme ways to boost ratings. The show is mainly about the unique items which are found, the mannerisms of Allen and Ton are secondary. If people are being paid off to act a certain way when the camera is on, rest assured it isn't in the same manner as the cast of Jersey Shore.
Parent Written byWolfman63 August 17, 2011

Auction "Punters"

Sorry, this is a fabricated show. Even if it wasn't, they don't tell you everything. Auctions cost money. Buyer’s premium is never less than 20% at these auctions. So the money they “make”? Add to the amount they spent then see what they "made". Also, read the very tiny print, these are stories that they decided to tell and are not an accurate account. Yes I have found a thing or two in the 30+ years I dealt with this stuff, but no one ever finds what they “find” and as often as they “find it”. Premise is false, language is iffy. The guys that write this show write for several others including “Pawn Stars”. Yes there are bottom feeders out there, but we always made it a point to find the owners and return photos, bibles, medals, etc. So did most of the guys I knew. Real life this “ain’t”. This show is not for kids.
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

A great show about entrepreneurs finding valuable stuff can be quite educational!

This is a great show! There is some mild language though. References to smoking or winning a cigar is sometimes heard. Some guns are sometimes fired to see if they work. Overall the show can be educational. When antiques or other stuff are found, information is displayed on screen to tell you more about the item, its past or other stuff.