All member reviews for Austin & Ally

Squeaky-clean musical series with platonic boy-girl friends.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJennifer148 December 29, 2011

Almost As Horrible As Shake It Up

This show just made me really disappointed. It's not inappropiate or anything like that, it just is horrible. Disney is nowadays all about ''I rock at music'', or ''I am the best dancer ever''!! What happened to the old Disney. You know, the good Disney?
Adult Written byLadyChaos118 April 22, 2012

The Teens Ugly Truth

I just don't get you parents, I'm 18 years old and just cause you want "safe" television for your children does not mean you have to take it from us Teens. Nothing on TV is safe for kids these days there is violence everywhere, that's just how it is. Parents want to baby proof everything, why don't you give your kids some independence with the stuff on TV? TV is a fantasy world, it just shows you what YOU want too see, the real world is out their and its nothing like TV shows you can't protect kids from everything. HELLO have you seen The Power Puff Girls?! Little girls that beat up monsters for a living, teach life lessons, romance, there is nothing to stop this from happening. You should stop "saving" your kids that don't want to be saved. Ask your kids what they want. Parents never listen to what we have to say. so this might get erased for my blunt disagreement. I love Austin and Ally but if there is no romance then its just another stupid censored show. It shouldn't be for kids just cause the parents want everything G rated. The parents will get what they want.
Adult Written byTinyToya December 4, 2011

Another Disney Show to Promote Music

This show is HORRIBLY predictable. It seems like Disney does not even try with the script anymore. I also don't like the premise of the show. Austin STOLE Ally's song, became famous from it and is now using her to be his songwriter. Admittedly, he did give her some credit on television while also causing her to have stage fright and embarrassing her. Finally, I hate how unrealistic the show is. It needs more adults, more purpose, and something realistic. Disney needs to quit focusing on promoting singers and music at the expense of the program.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 16, 2012

Makes fun of Autisum!

I agree with ilovecookiez.This show is awful.Because it makes fun of Autisum.The bullies make fun of a kid who has Autisum.Not cool dude.
Adult Written byarizonarunner January 15, 2012

Just stop Disney.

I grew up watching Phil of the Future, Kim Possible, and The Proud Family. The last good Disney Channel Shows. Jessie, Shake It Up, A.N.T Farm? (really), and now Austin & Ally they all seem like they have the same story line, some 12 year old who thinks they can sing and dance. Anybody can dance and sing better than Austin, he has no talent. This show frustrates me so much that I want to reach through the TV and just slap the actors. The jokes are terrible; you can predict what happens very easily. This show will teach you nothing, it was produced by Disney just to fill time. I've lost a lot of respect for Disney within the last 5 years.
Kid, 11 years old December 12, 2011

It should be Ally and Austin because Ally does all the work

When I saw the previews, I thought this was going to be one of those weird crazy and crudey dinsey shows. After I watched it, I decided that it wasn't that bad. The only thing that bugged me was that Austin STOLE Ally's song and TOOK ADVATAGE OF HER! He heard her song and claimed that he 'mistakenly' got the lyrics stuck in his head and then thought he wrote it! And then he posts a weird video of himself singing 'his song' and it went viral and he became really famous! Then he starts making Austin products to sell! Austin pressures Ally into becoming his songwriter! Then he makes her write songs for him each week, and she has to work and keep up with her own life and he starts getting mad when she doesn't have a song for him to perform! Austin is not a good role model.
Adult Written byholly525 October 2, 2013

I Love Austin and Ally! (and you couldn't honestly expect better from Disney)

I think that most of the people who reviewed this show just don't understand some humor. Sure it's a dorky, innocent sense of humor, but I think that this show is funny. It is being intentionally cheesy in a way that I personally enjoy. Dez's unpredictable oddities crack me up! Austin and Ally's relationship is cute (but for parents sake I'll inform you that it's not so platonic in the later seasons). And all the character flaws mentioned in the other reviews are not just ignored. The characters are always trying to improve themselves. And for people saying Austin has no talent, 1) he really does sing and play those instruments, and 2) not everyone can have a voice like Whitney Houston, but that doesn't mean they don't have a passion for music, and there's nothing wrong with that. So those of you who think you're above laughing at pure, clean silliness can just go watch something more sophisticated.
Parent Written bypapatv February 2, 2013

As a father of a young girl I get involve as much as i can in what is my little one is viewing on tv, just in case any questions arise and be ready to guide her whit the right answer. I took my time to observe this tv show for 2 weeks, sitting beside my daugther and my conclusion is it has not positive entertaining value for the kids. "Parents be aware,any tv shows whom portraits adults like mentally challenge characters (sry for the remark) and usually the kids are the smart mature mouths on the show will make your kids to believe is ok to talk back and challenge your authority believing your always wrong." fortunatelly I was always there to clarify things. I would not recomend this show for kids 11 and younger the characters are shallow and some of them will insult the intelligence of your children. desagree..? take your time to watch this show with your kids silently and you'll understand.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhonestlyme March 3, 2012

If you can't sleep at night, turn on Austin & Ally. It works better than warm milk or sleeping pills.

I am going to be fully honest with you,readers. This show just lowered the bar for disney entertainment, if you could even call it that.Reasons: 1)BAD ACTING, BAD SCRIPT. Austin just has fake excitement and I find he is actually too dumb to actually be 'successful' in the music business. I am a girl, but I find he makes an insult out of boys. And people who are remotely related to him. Seriously. Eating ice cream out of your pants in a music store? And DEZ. Don't get me started.The actor is very bad, and the character is not realistic. Since when can a 15-17-year-old order a camel to a mall?! Plus, I doubt that there are wild llamas roaming the halls of a mall in Miami. OH and the hater girl episode. Ugh. First of all, the girl should stay in So Random, one of the few good shows on Disney. Second of all, SERIOUSLY??? Obssessing for ten years over a butterfly song. It WOULD be relevant if she was obssessing over something awesome, like The Hunger Games, but even I ( an ultimate hunger games fan) wouldn't go all twitchy and...'bang your head on wall-y'. 2)GENRE. It seems like all Disney- no scratch that- ALL kids shows are about singing and music and the glamorous life and whatever. What happened to that's so raven and suite life of zack & cody? You know, ancient reminders of the once AWESOME Disney Channel? Also, they copied the Ellen Show and made it into some lady who's dancing weirdly all the time. That is a crime in and of itself. 3)EVERYTHING. Honestly, I don't like it when grown or awesome guys or adult actors in general are dragged into the mystical world of five-year-olds. Or middle-schoolers(a girl in my class is freaking out because she saw Randy or Ronald or whatever his name is shirtless. It woulld be understandable if it were Josh Hutcherson, or Alex Pettyfer, but no, it was AUSTIN). I don't think it's becoming for two guys, almost men, to be involved in shows for 5-year-olds. Plus, a llama was in that show, which is a complete disgrace to all llama-kind. THANK YOU FOR READING, and don't bother watching the show unless there's nothing else you wanna see late at night and you don't have a lullaby app on ipod or whatever.(Austin & Ally works like magic in terms of putting you to sleep or just annoying the buttered croissants off off ya.) -honestlyme
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolcat143 December 19, 2011

I am 13 and I love this show. I think that the show is fun and it's interesting to watch!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJayla970 December 30, 2011

WORST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst show EVER! I would have given it zero stars(if I could). Austin is a lazy insane kid,and Ally has to do all the work. If I were Ally I would slapped Austin in the face with a frying pan . THIS SHOW IS TEAHCHING KIDS TO BE LAZY AND IRRESPONSIBLE! This is stupid. Nickelodeon and disney don't care about how stupid thier shows are. As long as they get the $$$ their satisfied.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysnowtree10 December 20, 2011

Not a fan

This show is horrible! The acting is bad, the script is awful and it is just plain boring. The only thing good about this show is some of the music.
Teen, 17 years old Written byobsessivereader December 6, 2011

just another disney music show...
Parent Written byMatwiowForever February 12, 2013

Will someone please cancel this show and hide 'Dez' from the rest of humanity?

This show is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. It seems designed to get children to accept that crappy sitcoms will be a comforting presence for them throughout their lives. There is no effort put into it and like I think the other reviewer said, the jokes are visible from space. This show seems like it was totally focus-grouped together. "Hmmm, lets see, we got the cute non-threatening boy, check, we have the cute smart brunette, check, the chubby latina for diversity, and for some reason we think children will like this walking stereotype of an idiotic teen wearing the worst clothes known to man."
Parent Written byAplus July 30, 2012

Pretty Good Show

This is a pretty good show. While I don't enjoy it as much as Good Luck Charlie, it isn't one of those shows that is painful to watch with my child. I think it could be improved if there were more adults on the show but it is okay as it is. Simple plots with some quick laughs, there are no inappropriate jokes or adult humor. This show is on the list of shows that can be watched without supervision for my kids.
Parent Written bycora13 February 27, 2012

I fell in love with this show people just need to give it a chance!

I don't know what everyone's talking about this show is AWESOME!!!! maybe they posted before they saw most of the episodes. its funny and cute i love the relationship between austin and ally and it's .its a great show I hope they keep making more episodes!
Teen, 17 years old Written byACriticKindOfPerson February 15, 2012

Don't get me started on Dez. They TRY to make him funny with random, wacko things that they think little kids would giggle at. Yes! Not. I watched the show with my 5-year-old cousin, and even though he rarely changes the channel when it's on Disney, he changed it the moment he saw Dez with his "wacky" and "fun" antics. I would rate this negative infinity if I could. Trish is a bad role model, getting fired from jobs and just saying, "Oh well" and even tries to get fired at some points. I can't believe anyone will accept her after all of her jobs she got fired from. Austin, the "Superstar". Austin stole Ally's song, supposedly getting it "stuck in his head" and "thought he wrote it". Convincing? No, he even pressured Ally to go on the Ellen show to face her fear and embarrassed her in front of everyone. He does absolutely nothing to even TRY to stop it, and just lets her go. He even whines when Ally doesn't get a new song fast or he won't be famous. Ally does all the work while Austin just performs, and Trish may get the gigs, but all she really does is get fired. She's late, lazy and doesn't even care about how hard Ally works. Dez may record the videos, but anyone can run around Austin shakily hold a camera, using special effects and all. Ally is a good role model, and is the only good character.That kid who gets lessons from Ally? "Aw, Nartz!"? NOT. FUNNY. He is stupid, with his stupid little catchphrase, and an absolutely USELESS. Skip it. And to those to tell me to suck it because I hate it, I respect you if you like it, but you have to respect me. So, Peace out.
Teen, 13 years old Written byqueenstyles101 December 30, 2011

Seriously fell in love with the show!

In my opinion Austin & Ally is an awesome show for many reasons. I love the music and the acting, and every episode never fails to bring a good laugh! Will keep watching!
Adult Written byUros Panic August 9, 2013

This show isn`t that bad.But its giving the kids and impression that playing instruments is easy and you can play 10 of them with no problem what so ever.I myself play viola for living and i can say i have spent 9 years playing violin and 8 years playing viola to get really good at it,and they show some 17-18 year old kid playing all the instruments like a virtuoso.I have the same problem with AntFarm and china.Show isn`t bad,lynch has a good voice but really playing 10+ instruments is practically impossible except someone like Beethoven and Mozart even they did not know to play all of them.
Written byAnonymous February 6, 2012

Just try one episode...

I watched the pilot episode, and I tell you I have not laughed so hard in forever! This is definitely my favorite Disney show, which is saying something because I generally don't like Disney. I think it'll be interesting to see where this show goes in the future, because the characters seem a little repetitive. All in all, I'd give it a thumbs up!