All member reviews for Austin & Ally

Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2014

pretty good

Its a good show about a singer aand a shy girl who tries to overcome stage fright.This is a good show for kids because there is always a message. Dez is a combination of funny and weird. There is some bad language like saying dudu. This isnt a good show for kids who are very gullible and that will belive in zombie aliens "Zaliens" that Dez belives in.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 June 3, 2014

funny in a bad way

I cracked up when I saw this but not because I liked it, but because it was the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen... like this "cool" guy austin doesnt do anything except sing and make his friends work their butts off on his career... they call themselves "team austin" like they're his slave worshipers or something its soooo ridiculous... and then when they all wanted to go to this premiere with him he's like you guys are being selfish you're making this about you when it's supposed to be all about ME and the funny thing was that he was serious... I was laughing because I was surprised that no one hit that jerk with a frying pan... instead everyone was just like you're right master austin... but how come in many disney shows the main character can only go out with the another main character instead of a secondary character? and why do they have to go out? lol the funniest part of this show was that no one just grabbed austin and threw him out. instead they just obeyed all his commands
Teen, 16 years old Written byallykat88 May 25, 2014

its amazing

I think that it is a really good show its funny and I even watch it. There is kissing and flirting but nothing that inappropriate.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2014

okay show

this show is okay. Austin and ally's friendship, and sort of romance is cute but can also be cheesy. It great for kids to like 6-8 maybe 9 but after that it starts to seem kind of babyish. And the comedy is bad. At times I don't even know they're trying to being funny unless they make that fake sound of people laughing in the audience in the background. And I used to like trish's sass but she can also be kind of a bully and a show off and that gets on my nerves. The character dez, is the only one who's every made me laugh, because he's the only one who can act. In my opinion Good Luck Charlie, is the only ageless comedy that has good lessons, plus drama, if you're looking for a quality Disney show, check out that one, cause its the only one left. But Austin and ally is a cute show with some lessons but after the age of nine kids probably wont be interested.
Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2014

Go watch The Cosby Show or The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody instead!

The only positive things about this show is that it teaches kids about the true meaning of friendship. The jokes are uncreative, the show is terribly predictable, and the characters are annoying and unrealistic. Take my advice, all those reviewers who say this show rocks are those girls who are obsessed with pop stars that are boys. This is more like a sitcom for kids 5-7. The ideas are not always original. There are maybe about 4 or 5 interesting season 2 episodes, but other than that, the show is junk. The also show children that being good in school is lame, which is not the message I want innocent children to get. Go watch Wizards of Waverly Place, The Cosby Show, or Boy Meets World!
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2014

Umm...

I admit, I will watch this show. I will tolerate the irrational characters and plot. I do not like it. Let's start off with Austin: First of all, he acts like a two year old. He whines, complains, and it is indicated that he doe not do homework. He gives no credit to Ally, and he 'accidentally' stole Ally's song, Double Take. 'Nuff said. Second, Ally. Don't get me wrong, Ally is more tolerable than any of the others. The display of her would be humor is demeaning to girls (or boys) who want an education. She is teased because of her smarts. Her father is never aware of her, and he is a cheapskate. Her mother is supportive. Trish. Her ability to have a new job every two days is utterly annoying. She is rude and brings people down. She displays hardly enough affection for her best friend! Last character, Dez. He believes a zombie apocalypse is coming. As does his rival, Chuck. He is an aspiring director. Dez is as dumb as a stick. The corresponding Copper Top Flop shows are overrated. The consumerism. R-5. Soundtracks. Clothes. Ugh! As for the sex, there is talk about dating boyfriends, girlfriends, hot. There is no swearing, but see Trish above.
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2014

Miss the Old Disney

I can't really watch this show without being bored. Same plot as every other new Disney show. A talented person (Austin), a smart person (Ally), the best friend (Trish), and the weirdo (Dez). There is dating but that's not really what makes the show bad. Disney is just trying to get tweens and teens to like it more. Also its way too predictable, Austin can't write a song for some reason then something humiliating happens and they all live happily ever after. I miss Raven, Phil of the Future, and The Proud Family.
Kid, 9 years old February 13, 2014

ACTUALLY THERE IS SEXY STUFF D:

well ally fell in love with austin and turn out to have drama and jealousy stuff in there and there is a kissing part but a guy named Dez covers the kiss
Teen, 14 years old Written bycaytlynn February 10, 2014

So stupid...

The actors are terrible and the script is terrible. Everything about this show is terrible. I don't know what's happened to Disney lately, but every single show on there is awful! I really wish they had good shows for kids 5-12 to watch instead of this trash.
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

austin and ally

7 come on i'm ten and i can barely get through one eposode very funny story about an unlikely freind ship BEWARE that the later episodes contain fliriting and kissing
Teen, 17 years old Written byCinnamonpaws December 16, 2013

I want the old Austin and Ally back!

I honestly think you shouldn't bother. When this show first aired, the show was about music, getting over fears, etc. But after a while, Austin and Ally start dating, which changes the series (at least in my opinion). Now all I see when I watch the show is drama, kissing, and almost nothing to do with music. And, in my opinion, Ally has worn nothing but TIGHT, short skirts/dresses, and this is coming from A 13 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!! My point is, I want the OLD austin and ally back!!!
Kid, 10 years old December 8, 2013

hate this show

Ally writes the songs and works with her dad at his instrument store. She is a good role model, BUT there is Trish who can't keep a job, Austin who has his mind set on girls and fame and Dez is just Dez. In the Begging Austin actually takes ADVANTAGE of Ally and steals her song. And gives her credit for it by embarrassing her with her stage fright. It is just one of those Disney shows.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2013

Austin & Ally

Dah, I love Austin & Ally!! This show is very funny and it even saved someone's life (long story). The actors are very good and i love them. Laura Marano (who plays Ally) is the Trick-Or-Treat for UNICEF Ambasador. There is nothing to worry about your kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWaterMelon813Yo October 26, 2013

Great Show!

When this show first came out it was actually cheesy and had bad acting but when season 2 came it improved. it has postive messages about friendships, following your dreams and great catchy music with good messages in the songs. Its a really inspiring show my favorite characters are all of them each person as their own unique talent ally: writing music Austin: Singing dez: Directing Trish: Being a good leader and dez adds comedy to the show he is hilarious. The only thing about this show i disklike is Ally always writing songs for austin he always excpect for her to write the songs wich gets annoying. But overall great acting, interesting story line and too top it off austin and ally are beggining to have feelings for eachother wich really tops it off .this show and good luck charlie and gravity falls are one of Disneys best shows since Hannah montana, wizards, suite life, etc ended. reccomened for 7+.
Kid, 12 years old September 18, 2013

Great!!!

This show is really funny and good because it has lots of jokes. Ally and Austin also show that you have to work hard to get what you want. I love this show and think it´s just fine for kids 8 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPrincessOso16 September 16, 2013

I love this show

So far I've read the first page of the kid reviews and the first page of the adult reviews and I've not seen any good reviews, I don't think it's that bad though, infact I love watching Austin and Ally and i'm 16 years old. There is nothing innapropriate for even the youngest person watching Disney Channel [I'm fine with my 4 year old brother watching this with me] and I just enjoy watching the show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhaley28 September 7, 2013

Not a bad show at all!

I personally think its a good show but they use concepts sometimes that might be difficult for little kids to understand! I honestly only watch the show because Ross Lynch is in it! Im a huge fan of R5 so i like being able to see one of the members on tv! Not to mention he is REALLY good looking ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byimaunicorn September 4, 2013

Least funny show on Disney

The "music" on this show is awful. The dude is obviously autotuned while he's performing, and there's overt vocal effects. Also, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to throw in SO MANY POP CULTURE REFERENCES, but they add nothing to the show. Austin isn't talented, and his hair really bugs me for some reason. Ally isn't funny at all, and is a horrible actress. Whoever plays her (Lauren something) is always too dramatic in her role and her tone of voice just isn't right for casual convos that happen in most episodes. Dez isn't funny, which is a problem, because his character is useless apart from comic relief. Trish is also overdramatic, and isn't a good role model at all. Why is she still Austin's manager again? If you can overlook all this, Austin and Ally are at least good role models for young children, teaching them to follow their dreams. Also, unlike in other shows like Jessie or ANT farm, everyone is nice to each other and helpful (except Trish and Dez). Austin and Ally is unfunny, and tedious to sit through.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn September 2, 2013

Hate.

I really hate this show along with the other teen sitcoms on Disney nowadays. By the way guys, I am leaving this account and coming back as Oldnickelodeon34, so check me out there.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLifeOfADancer September 1, 2013

Good show for little kids

Yes, I agree... it's just another Disney music show and I don't like how they ONLY focus on music on Disney nowadays. Sure they have other shows too but the most popular Disney shows are about music. Don't get me wrong, I love music. I'm a singer and dancer and I also play the flute but maybe some kids want to watch shows about other stuff? I always liked The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and The Wizards of Waverly Place over Hannah Montana. But I think Austin and Ally is not as bad as some of the other Disney Shows. I think it's probably quite entertaining for a8 year old or something... It's not for teens that's for sure but I don't see the point why kids shouldn't watch it. Austin only tries to achieve his dreams and Ally is shy and wants to help him. They're the perfect match in a way, you know. I think it's a good show for kids which tells you to follow your dreams. And I have to admit... the music is pretty catchy...