All member reviews for Austin & Ally

Teen, 13 years old Written byhaley28 September 7, 2013

Not a bad show at all!

I personally think its a good show but they use concepts sometimes that might be difficult for little kids to understand! I honestly only watch the show because Ross Lynch is in it! Im a huge fan of R5 so i like being able to see one of the members on tv! Not to mention he is REALLY good looking ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byimaunicorn September 4, 2013

Least funny show on Disney

The "music" on this show is awful. The dude is obviously autotuned while he's performing, and there's overt vocal effects. Also, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to throw in SO MANY POP CULTURE REFERENCES, but they add nothing to the show. Austin isn't talented, and his hair really bugs me for some reason. Ally isn't funny at all, and is a horrible actress. Whoever plays her (Lauren something) is always too dramatic in her role and her tone of voice just isn't right for casual convos that happen in most episodes. Dez isn't funny, which is a problem, because his character is useless apart from comic relief. Trish is also overdramatic, and isn't a good role model at all. Why is she still Austin's manager again? If you can overlook all this, Austin and Ally are at least good role models for young children, teaching them to follow their dreams. Also, unlike in other shows like Jessie or ANT farm, everyone is nice to each other and helpful (except Trish and Dez). Austin and Ally is unfunny, and tedious to sit through.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn September 2, 2013

Hate.

I really hate this show along with the other teen sitcoms on Disney nowadays. By the way guys, I am leaving this account and coming back as Oldnickelodeon34, so check me out there.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLifeOfADancer September 1, 2013

Good show for little kids

Yes, I agree... it's just another Disney music show and I don't like how they ONLY focus on music on Disney nowadays. Sure they have other shows too but the most popular Disney shows are about music. Don't get me wrong, I love music. I'm a singer and dancer and I also play the flute but maybe some kids want to watch shows about other stuff? I always liked The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and The Wizards of Waverly Place over Hannah Montana. But I think Austin and Ally is not as bad as some of the other Disney Shows. I think it's probably quite entertaining for a8 year old or something... It's not for teens that's for sure but I don't see the point why kids shouldn't watch it. Austin only tries to achieve his dreams and Ally is shy and wants to help him. They're the perfect match in a way, you know. I think it's a good show for kids which tells you to follow your dreams. And I have to admit... the music is pretty catchy...
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Silly; almost too much

Yay, another Disney show centered around music! Wait... WHAT? This concept is getting old. These days it seems as though Disney thinks that about 75% of its actors can sing. Think again, guys. Austin (Lynch) is an okay singer, though his career bloomed from him stealing a song, which is a wrong lesson to teach kids. Ally (Marano) is the dignified teen of the bunch, who is mature and seems to know when there's a problem and how to fix it. Trish (Rodriguez... sister of Rico who plays Manny in Modern Family!) is very lazy and wears rather ridiculous costumes for each new job she has, which switches each episode. At first the dress-up was cute, but now it's really getting old. You don't wear a hot dog hat and an ugly apron for working at a restaurant. You wear regular clothes. And then Dez (what the heck type of name is that?) who is played by Worthy, is very mediocre. This dumb redhead is almost unrealistic with his stupidity and ugly clothing. He just seems to add a bit of light comedy to the show. Otherwise it would just be about music and jobs. Dez is just... well, it's hard to explain. I like how this takes place in Miami, Florida. Finally, the East Coast! I live north of this state and have actually been in Florida. Overall, Austin & Ally is a cute, silly show and it is worth watching an episode or two.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFionna_Lee July 30, 2013

Don't bother.

This show is just another bad message giving show. The cast is a bunch of lazy bums that I dislike greatly. I can't even begin to say how terrible the acting is. Don't bother with this show. It's another show Disney made simply to get money.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySome guy. July 28, 2013

Such a horrible show.

This is THE worst show on TV. It isn't funny one bit. Austin is a horrible singer and dancer. His voice sounds like a dying elephant, to some extent. Dez is like that one character who's so stupid it makes you wanna throw something at the TV- and it's mean spirited how Ally writes the songs but Austin takes all the credit. The songs aren't even good. Don't watch this with your kid-don't worry, there's nothing bad in here but I would stay away from it unless you want the sound of a dying elephant in your head for weeks on end.
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2013

Don't bother

Terrible. Annoying. Cheesy/corny (whichever term you use)
Teen, 13 years old Written byHazzaBoo July 26, 2013

Funny Show.

This is about the only tolerable show on Disney Channel. I think it's funny, Dez's quirkiness makes it funnier. The only downside is that it has the same plot as every other show. music.
Teen, 16 years old Written byalexandrarae July 17, 2013

horrible acting and terrible terrible sow just get it off disney

the show freakin sucks... just like shake it up get them off disney fast!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 June 18, 2013

bull crap

austin sings dirt songs, and drinks too much, while ally takes drugs
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2013

Ally gayson

Show is gay
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2013

What r u guys talking about

I think Austin and Ally is a good show for kids to watch It teaches about friendship and. the only thing i don't like about it is that Trish seems to have a new job every day but it is kind of funny.Ally is a really good rule model for young kids she cares about her education and dose not get to raped up in boys come on my mom lets my 3 year old nice watch it it is a good show
Teen, 14 years old Written byAsherhen June 5, 2013

STUPID. DATING.

Ally is a good role model, but constantly taken advantage of. Austin is an idiot. There is a ton of dating throughout the whole show. Austin stole a song and was rewarded for it. Austin snuck out of his house when ground and was hardly punished. Trish has no work ethic, but occasionally works hard for her friends. Dez is crazy and can be funny, but has no important role or reason to be there, except to say the disappointing punch line. If it weren't for the dating and rule breaking the show would be fine, but besides a rule-following teachers pet there is nothing good to be seen from this. P.S.: There are practically no adults in this, and the ones that do appear are rich, stupid, mean, or stupid.
Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2013

Same old repeat over and over + buy our music

Austin & ally is a very un-creative show with Ally doing all the work and Austin taking credit, they have a "relationship" which is on-and-off I put quotes scene its not even a relationship its like how kindergartners have boyfriends and girl friends they just have it like a trophy title even though they do "kiss". The show is horribly predictable repeating its for no reason show "morals" and story over and OVER. Disney is all singer now there is not a Disney show that doesn't have singer besides Gravity Falls.Disney have been throwing trash for a while and giving it one season then clearing it up with shows like A.N.T farm (Which is getting a new season accullay), Shake-it-up and others.
Teen, 17 years old Written byOGORMAN May 25, 2013

What has happened to Disney??

Austin & Ally, from the previews, actually looked like a pretty decent show. After seeing a few episodes, however, this proved to be not quite true. The four main characters are Austin (Ross Lynch), Ally (Laura Marano), Dez (Calum Worthy), and Trina (Raini Rodriguez). There are a few main things I want to point out. First, the acting. What happened to the Disney I grew up with? (Which was really not that long ago since I'm only 18). There used to be characters with realistic stories and the actors actually flowed with the part they were playing. With Austin & Ally the acting is unbelievable. Ross Lynch is a great guy, very talented, and not hard to look at (he and his siblings make the band R5). Ally frankly just scares me. The things she says that are supposed to be funny just creep me out because they're weird and do not make any sense. Trina's character is shallow and callous and I cannot stand her. Dez is not much of an improvement to the acting of the show either. Also, the utter lack of meaning within the show. Trina is the last character your child should look to for a role model. She gets fired within hours from every job she applies for and takes it with a nonchalant attitude, as if being fired is not a big deal. She is also quite rude to everyone, especially Dez. At one point she even goes as far as saying, "Do you really want my hands around your neck?". Dez is supposed to be the comedic relief of the series, but instead he is more of a village idiot. Little kids will assuredly laugh at his silly antics but, for a parent trying to watch with their children, he is just over-the-top dumb. Each episode puts the group in a different situation, yet each one is more unoriginal and predictable than the last. With parents/adults that never seem to be around and are extremely oblivious (to the point of stupidity) to what's going on, it is no wonder that the message of this show seems to be that everyone is free to do whatever they want no matter the consequences. The only reprieve is when Austin sings the songs that he and Ally "wrote" together. The entire musical aspect of the show is another marketing ploy for Disney to make money off of poorly written songs. Right now, the musical gifts of Ross Lynch and cheesy jokes only young children will find funny are the only things keeping this show afloat.
Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2013

Amazing sitcom with great messages!

Okay, here is an honest review on Austin & Ally. First of all, there are, like, so many complaints on here that Disney keeps on doing music shows. Remember that in every Disney movie, there are like so many songs and that's what creates the magic of Disney. Sure, music is a LITTLE overdone in Disney Channel, but music seems to be appealing to young people of today. And you also want old Disney back. Of course, at some points we do, but enjoy that we at least HAVE a Disney Channel! How about Hannah Montana? That was a music show, and rarely anyone really complained. Let me start talking about Austin & Ally. This show really display a true boy-girl relationship. I love how although the duo are SO different, they work very well together. This show really inspires children to follow their dreams, I mean, it helped me follow my own! The team helps Austin become a famous singer and I love how their friendship works. The show is so clean, with no inappropriate talk like other CERTAIN Disney Channel shows and great messages. Children can relate to the issues the team has to go through. Austin is NOT lazy at all; he does help Ally with writing songs and such. He's just a little naive, that's all, and it adds to the humor of the show. Ally is a hard worker and is very intelligent, and can inspire kids to do their very best in everything. She isn't a boring character, and does not try to be too fun, she just wants to be herself. Trish can't really cause kids to become lazy, that doesn't make any sense! And Dez is just, well...Dez. But this show is my favorite show on Disney Channel and I love every episode. Although...I DO have some rather...negative things to say. I do feel like the whole "internet sensation" thing was a bit rushed, like it was so instant. Ally was being sort of a pushover when asked to become Austin's songwriter, but it wasn't like her was pressuring her so much. Yes, like any other Disney show, the laugh track plays a LOT. I mean, A LOT. But it's not so overbearing that your ears want to burst. Otherwise I would give this amazing sitcom an A!
Teen, 14 years old Written byacblove3 May 21, 2013

Parents shouldn't worry

I love this show!! i like how disney finally have a MALE singer for a show. Your kids will love the pop-rock tunes of the songs. It shows how austin can't do his dream without his friends..especially Ally. It shows what you can do when you work together. It's not just in the music aspect either. The four friends work together and solve normal teen problems. Totally recommend this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 6, 2013

I, Ally am very popular, but my show still sucks!

Austin & Ally has to be hands down the WORST show to ever air on Disney! It is stupid, annoying, and it makes fun of disabilities! Nelson has a disability and he is always picked on because of that. He can't help it, because was born that way! That is a reason why this show is total dogs**t! Don't get me started on the horrid humor! This show is so unfunny its some of the worst humor ever, and the jokes are annoying. The acting is really poor. The voice actors are talentless, and the acting is nothing but junk. This is one of the worst shows ever. It is down there with Incredible Crew and Dinosaur Train in the pit of shame. Please Disney, cancel this show, because it is a major disgrace to television!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybioniclecomeback56 May 4, 2013

It's as bad as it looks.

If your into things this stupid. Knock yourself out.