All member reviews for Austin & Ally

Teen, 13 years old Written bySnoopylove87 March 14, 2013

Austin & Ally: Absolute TRASH.

If I could TELL you why I like this show, I would. But sadly, there is barely even anything even slightly entertaining about this show. Maybe I should LIST why I hate this show. Corny: Lately, they have been trying to add DRAMA to the show. Austin loves Ally and she loves him back (totally predictable), but Austin is dating some random girl. The little magazine reporter girl gets on my nerves. She bugs into everyone's business and is just plain rude and sassy. WHAT IS WITH THIS NEW SASSY LITTLE GIRL STEREOTYPE. FIRST JESSIE, THEN BLOG WITH A BLOG (yes, the red head girl is a bit sassy for my type) AND NOW THIS?! Ugh!! Then the whole story line looked like it came out someone's butt. The jokes are stupid, the adults are portrayed as total idiots, and it is overall total TRASH. The Characters: The characters are so bad in this show, I had to add each sections for the 4 main characters! Ally- Disney says Ally is "smart, full of creativity, and has a knack for writing killer songs." I have seen Ally and she is NOT smart. She tries to be 'cool', but looks like a total idiot. A KNACK FOR WRITING KILLER SONGS? The music is so terrible, the only way it could be described as "killer" is if it actually kills people! And creative? Well, she is creative, but she could be better. And in the ads, she is supposed to be "shy". She must be a terrible actor, because she is NOT shy. I know because I am pretty shy myself! The only way you could say all of this is in front of a SCREEN. Laura is a terrible actor and you could tell! Austin- Disney says Austin is "outgoing and super talented. He can sing, dance, and play all sorts of instruments." He is NOT talented at all! HE MAKES MY EARS BLEED!!! And all I saw him play is guitar, hillbilly instruments (for only 1 episode), and piano. Maybe even drums. THAT IS ONLY 4. FOUR IS NOT A LOT! Austin seems like a player and a stereotypical "cool" guy. He always gets his way (dance-off episode and many others) and takes advantage of his 'dear friend', Ally. HE STOLE HER SONG AND MADE UP A LAME EXCUSE TO COVER IT UP! THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN BE FRIENDS!!! I WOULDN'T LET AUSTIN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME AND STEAL MY SONGS!!! Austin is...ugh. Dez- Disney thinks Dez is funny, random and quirky. More like stupid, annoying, and weird! Dez messes everything up and is such an idiot. IS THAT HOW DISNEY DEPICTS TEENAGE BOYS? Trish- She is probably the ONLY entertaining character. Sure, she is a bad role model. THAT IS WHAT MAKES HER FUNNY! XD I AM SORRY BUT I CAN'T SAY ANYMORE, OR I WILL BORE YOU TO DEATH. I better be going. AGAIN, DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS SHOW.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLaurence Here February 25, 2013

Why your kids should watch.

Austin & Ally shows how a boy and a girl can just be good friends and be successful together.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIloveoreo February 23, 2013

Good show

I love austin and ally it has come such a long way! I thought the first season wasn't that good at all but know that they have added some drama , even though it is still cheesy, it is sooooo much better! I think ally is a good role model though the show does not have a good plot It is the only show on Disney that I will watch besides good luck Charlie. Since austin and ally are gonna be together i think it is nice i can finely watch something that involves sexy stuff like the lying game and other " teen shows ". My only concern that I have is the the mom being the Alfa and the father betrade as some fool like all disney shows. But other than I would let a child watch this!
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2013

Can Disney Have 1 Kids Show Without Dating?

Review by rsm2. I used to love this show. Key word: Used. This just saddens me. Austin And Ally used to be such a fun and lighthearted show. There was no annoying boy-girl drama that covered up what this show really was. That was a little while ago. Now, the Disney infestation has come. Austin now starts " Liking" Ally and vice-versa. EPIC BOREDOM! Overall another sad and dissapointing Disney fail.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2013

Gives Kids A Happy TIme

This is a GREAT entertainment for kids! As Disney, even this show is educational at times, like encouragement or things like that. Since Disney is popular, it won't ever dare to have swear words or anything. This show will give your child a good laugh, and a happy time.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjadabub February 10, 2013

my review, please listen, it's true!

Almost 4 stars, Here we go! Trish is a bad role model for kids. She is always selfish and lazy, she keeps quitting her jobs and laugh tracks make it seem "funny" and "cool". Dez is like every dumb character in shows, except very idiotic, not a good role model either, Ally is shy and caring, she can write a song and sometimes people name her as "boring", Austin is a wannabe popstar, trying to achieve his dreams, a GOOD role model, I guess. Laugh tracks: NOT an enjoyable thing, they make things NOT funny, and there is one every... 5 or 6 seconds. 1 star REMOVED. Looks: No problem! Plot: It's ok, it's just a normal musical like HSM and Hannah Montana, it repeats itself: Achieve your dreams, you can do it, reach for the sky! Please, add some new morals! In the episode where Kira and Austin were filming a carnival music vid, The acting seemed very fake, I didn't think Kira smelled at all, I didn't believe Jimmy as a drooler, The drool that Dez "filled up" was pretty much water, and there is no touching feeling in any of these episodes whatsoever! The setting is fake too, Its def Hollywood, not Miami, if it really IS Miami, it doesnt look like it. What is it overall? Every episode is: Chatting, problem, worse problem, better or problem resolved. Its predictable and just another new show that tastes like crappola and not YUMMY COLA.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeatherLynch February 2, 2013

Tween Show

Amazing show. I'm almost 14 and I was there for the old Disney Channel shows. Austin & Ally is definitely just as good as them. I recommend the show for children over the age of seven. The age category that mostly watches the show is tweens, 13 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byScreennameGirl January 27, 2013

Good Kids' Show

This is a great show for kids! It does have boyfriend and girlfriend relationships and they do kiss, but nothing more. Generally a happy and musical show that encourages kids to be creative. Kids might want to buy the star's, Ross Lynch, music after watching because he has a few albums.
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2013

Great Show!

It really is an awesome show! One of my favorites on Disney Channel. Don't listen to the parents. (They can't accept a new generation and want to travel back to the 90's. ;) ) UPDATE FOR Austin And Ally FANS: The promo shows Ally liking Austin. She says so herself to Trish. I wanted Auslly to happen so I'm happy. This episode is airing a day after my birthday on January 27th also known as this Sunday! This episode is called "Girl Friends And Girlfriends. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byRealityCheckDUH January 21, 2013

The Truth Behind the Show

Dez: a maniac who often takes off his pants and gives references to disgusting, horrible things. Has a very dirty mind. trish: lazy, obese mexican girl who cant work at a job for more then one day and always screws everything up. Ally: ugly, anorexic girl who labors in a store for her often absent father, writes music in a diary, and has disturbing pasts about bullying which lead to terrible phobias. Austin: Racist German boy, who selfishly takes all the credit for lip-syncing and hounding off of his friends, even trying to get them not to like him. Sorry, but its the truth. Get a reality check, there.
Teen, 16 years old Written bystrawberryfrosting52 January 14, 2013

There's no way I could make it without this show! :)

This series has it all, the most astounding messages about expressing yourself, chasing your dreams while you're still young, accepting one another's differences, and, simply, having the time of your lives doing what it is that you love the most. If anyone has anything nasty to say about these kids, keep it to yourself, if you think they're setting such a terrible example for your children, you'd be contradicting yourselves. I love Ally's character, especially, she's got quirks, but, she's such a funny person to be around, and, she obviously supports her best friends to the fullest. She's kind hearted, intelligent, caring, and beyond gifted. She poses as the perfect role model. No language, no violence, no "sexy stuff", consumerism, or anything vulgar like that. Totally squeaky clean! If you don't like it, don't bother watching it and giving it more views, since you apparently dislike it.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2013

It's a Great Show

A lot of people hate this show, but I think its awesome. This is my opinion. Some teens might say there is no romance and that they are just trying to make it okay for younger kids, but if you look at the latest promo, you can see there is a lot of romance (Ally admits she likes Austin). Also in later episodes there is much more romance (Chapters and Choices they kiss). People who say Austin is lazy, he's not. There was an episode where Austin kept on practicing until something actually happened to his voice and had to go to the doctor. Also, even if Austin stole Ally's song, he apologised. I know people always say they like the Old Disney better, but I like the Old Disney and the New Disney. Ally is a great role model because she teaches kids how to play music and once gave lots of instruments to help school. Austin is also a great model because he tried to help Ally by singing to raise money to buy new instruments for Sonic Boom. Also, Austin gave all his money he got from the Helen show to Ally and bought her a new piano and all. Austin also tried to encourage Ally to get rid of her stage fright and tried to get rid of it himself.
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2013

Another Singing Show

Its a ok show. I hate how disney always does musical shows and singing all the time. And how austin took allys song is mean its teaching people to steal other peoples stuff. Its ok but a few things to watch out for with younger kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 December 31, 2012

Okay

It's not good or bad, it's just...."there" lol But seriously, there isn't much to this show...maybe someone should guest star
Teen, 15 years old Written byAuthor221 December 30, 2012

What is Going on with Disney?

Disney can't seem to let go of their old ideas and create something original. I'd call it plagiarism if they weren't copying their own ideas. They did this plotline with Hannah Montana! Now Austin Moon, who isn't even that good a singer. I find it offensive that he's a bit of an airhead, because I'm just about a year younger than him and I can tell I've got a lot more common sense. And Ross Lynch seems pretty smart, but no, Disney wants to show his character to be an airhead, which younger viewers may believe to be the real him. I also find him to be pretty mean. I was ready to hit a wall after seeing him steal Ally's song and use it to become an internet sensation, then force her to perform in front of a huge crowd, when he KNOWS that she has stage fright. On to Ally. I think she can be a little too uptight, but I like her a lot, because she seems to be the most responsible and realistic character in this group. She rationalizes that creativity takes time (which, as an artist, I greatly respect) and carefully undergoes tasks of life with a smile and good nature. Now on to Trish, whom I personally cannot stand. She adds to a pretty unrealistic plot, with her losing jobs every day, like that in itself is a job. Also, she's too much of a rebel for me and I feel that younger viewers may be driven to follow her examples. Now Dez. He'd be great... if he wasn't portrayed as a childish oaf. For God's sake, let go of the stupidity, Disney! Teens are smarter than this and Dez is far too random to seem somewhat smart and accurately model a real-life teenager. One more thing: adult supervision used to be in all Disney shows and now it's gone. BRING IT BACK! Without the adults, unrealistic milieus are enhanced and rebellious actions are done, often without facing some form of chastisement (what little there is, goes over kids' heads because of the small amount.) All in all, this show needs a major cleanup and plot twist. Then it will be so much more enjoyable to watch.
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2012

From Bad to Worse

The first few episodes of this show weren't very funny and pretty annoying, and then the series just went went from bad to worse. When they got into the whole dating and romance stuff, I just stopped watching it. I do not recommend this show at all. It's just bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

No more terrible shows Disney!

THIS IS THE WORST SHOW ON DISNEY! I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THIS SHOW! It's very stupid and the plot is VERY overdone!
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocolatepopcorn December 9, 2012

Auslly on!!!

This is the cutest show ever!!! The only reason why i said that it wasn't the best was because they should totally make Austin and Ally a couple, they have so much CHEMISTRY!!!!!! EEP!!!! I think they are going to in season 2!!!! This show is really good and you guys should really watch it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bytweetybird7233 December 6, 2012

Yes and no

Austin thinks he's #1 and he could do anything. I'M NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN! I'm just saying.......... He's an OK singer and still a better dancer than JB (yuck) but still... otherwise ok.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2012

Austin and Ally = ehhhh

Austin and Ally is a good show.... for kids around 7 or 8. I've (11) watched 2 or 3 episodes and i thought it was too childish for me. When the first episode was out, I just didn't like it for my age, for these reasons: lame jokes (younger kids would like it), bad acting (younger kids won't really tell the difference), and the cheap props (they look like they reused old props from Hannah Montana or Cory in The House.) Though, it does have some good messages and OK music. Not saying it was horrible, I just thought there wasn't much effort into writing the songs. So, over all, from an eleven year old's opinion, I think its not horrible or great, its okay.