All teen and kid member reviews for Austin & Ally

Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 May 19, 2012

Typical Disney series is okay for kids

I have very mixed feelings about this show: I find it predictable, but if it's on I'll probably watch it. I don't really have any feelings about it. There is some flirting, but that's about the only thing to worry about. Positive messages about teamwork (because Austin and Ally have to work together) and following your dreams.
Teen, 14 years old Written byabookworm May 19, 2012

Not really a comedy.

Austin and Ally isn't the comedy we all think it to be except for a few rare occasions. It's like the scriptwriters aren't able to come up with original jokes so they copy older jokes from other discontinued shows. The show can use some better choreographers if there is any and better scriptwriters ASAP if it has any chance of making it. The main characters are decent but they have their cheesy idiotic moments. All in all, older viewers will find this show predictable and unenjoyable. But younger audiences won't care about the quality and will most likely enjoy it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylittlemissattitude48 May 12, 2012

Billion hits is what this program is gonna get!

This is such a clean,kid friendly program that I am certain children will fall in love with.Not only does this series present positive messages and terrific role models (Ally Dawson in particular,she's truly a dear),but it teaches kids to have confidence,set goals,and chase their dreams,among several other lessons.No foul language,nothing too violent for viewers,super funny,and a big hit for Disney Channel,check it out!
Kid, 12 years old April 30, 2012

No Better Show For Kids

There is no better show for kids to watch. The main character, Ally, is very intelligent and is constantly persevering for something. It tells the kids to never give up. It is very funny, even for a twelve-year-old such as myself.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2012

Awesome but not for little kids

Its really good me and my brother Love it! Ally has a crush on guy and Austin talks about girls and how "cute" they are but that is really it when it comes to the lovey stuff.
Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2012

AWESOME! (and Ally)

I <3 this show!! Me and my sis's luv this show! Cant get enough of it!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2012

And Improvement.

At first, I could tell that this show would be bad. Like DISNEY bad. But it wasn't too bad. Here are a few things that make me grade this show only two stars:1. Austin, one of the main characters, gets many opportunities to sing, yet a normal person starting from scratch would actual have to do work to get yourself to sing with a made up famous singer titled 'Shiny Money' 2. Ally. She just sometimes gets annoying. Sometimes she's witty and nice, other times annoying with odd habits that don't add to the story line. Also, this girl is skinny as a pole. 3. Trish's job changes. I do really truly love Trish's character, being not SUPER SKINNY and hispanic; yet not completely pushing either of the two, yet this job thing occasionally gets annoying, showing children that you don't have to work to get paid. 4. Dez (however you spell it) gets agitating with his odd quirks. I do, as I stated. love Trish, since they are showing some cultural and weight diversity. And improvement, yet still could be better.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLadybug383 April 20, 2012

Kinda Sexist

This is kinda sexist. Ally does all the work and Austin gets all the credit. He also stole one of her songs, AND he didn't even apologize. Austin: He's irresponsible. He's always the one who gets Ally in trouble. He also often ends up getting the rest of the gang in trouble. Ally: She does all the work, and is totally okay with it. She also is portrayed as a loser. Trish: She has a bunch of different jobs. She makes it look like getting a job is super easy. She also gets fired all the time. Bad influence. Dez: Lots of people call him stupid, protrayed as weird... etc. Consumerism: My guess is that a sound track is gonna come out, cause the show's all about a singer. Language: Not that bad. Things like stupid, idiot etc. Sexy Stuff: A guy took his pants off (but he still had boxers underneath)
Teen, 13 years old Written byxtreme-emma April 14, 2012

Austin and Ally gives me the ZZzzZZzzs.

I think that Austin & Ally isn't that great of a show. Most kids in my school find it boring, and my little sister who is 7 finds it extremely boring. I play 16 instruments, so I think I should like it, but I don't. The music is terrible too. I wouldn't bother watching it, but show your son or daughter 1 episode to see how they like it. I think it can also be a little mean and a bad role model to kids too.
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2012

Austin & Ally is just one of those cheesy, idiotic 'everyone's so talented' Disney nonsense that SUCKS!

I really do hate Austin & Ally. Austin STOLE the song that Ally wrote and 'thought he wrote it'. I mean, come ON, Disney, your shows are absolute rubbish now! Austin's a jerk, he's cheesy, a Bieber wannabe; I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather listen to a fifteen-hour loop of Justin Bieber's 'Baby' than watch ONE episode of Austin & Ally! Whatever happened to the GOOD quality Disney shows, like Sonny With a Chance and That's So Raven? Ally really does do all the work - the show would be actually a bit BETTER if it was called 'Ally' and Austin played NO part, maybe if Ross Lynch improved his acting skills he could play a small background part. I watched half of an episode with my dad and we both agreed that the actors aren't likeable at all and whenever A&A came on Disney Channel we'd switch to a different channel.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovecookiez April 7, 2012

Seems like it's making fun of autism..

I don't know about this show.. but that Nelson kid or whatever seems to be autistic, and not only that but they're making FUN of him. Not cool. I don't know if he really is autistic or what but I'm pretty sure he's got some sort of disability (not that that's a bad thing or anything). But still, really?
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2012

IT IS GREAT!

I am 10 years old and it is awesome, and parents there's no need to worry you can watch it too, my mother was singing along to the theme song!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTopTraveller March 25, 2012

Love the show! Few issues

Austin and Ally overall is a GREAT show. There are a few issues that i don't like about the show. The unrealistic plots are crazy but yet very entertaining. The things they do may influence children to do risky things and i feel it is exposing more dishonesty but not much of it. Austin stills Ally's song and claims it as his, yet he does apologize which teaches kids honesty is the best policy. A positive thing is Ally who is very hardworking, honest and dedicated. She influences kids more in positive ways, Trish is the humorous charachter who gets fired everyday. This is exceptable since the whole show is fictional but she does show responsibility. Austin is very impatient but is a positive, fun charachter. Dez i can not stand. I think they should remove him from the show because he is the main problem and shows children not to value educational skills like hard work, music etc. Over all i love the show and its not really innapropriate its just those issues.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIWatchTv March 20, 2012

Lame...

Austin and Ally is just another boring Disney show with lame and cliched jokes and gags. The show seems awfully familiar, Kind of like the TV show 6teen, although, I like 6teen much better. This is like the 70th show based on teenagers that want to pursue a music career. The types of shows are getting kind of boring. The acting and script is horrible, I would rather watch Paranormal Activity, and I hate horror flicks. Characters are boring and annoying, especially Dez, his character annoys the living crap out of me. Ally is probably the most boring one out of all of them. Trish and Austin seem to be the most likable characters, but I still hate them. Going back to the 6teen comparison, Trish's character is just like Jonsey. She can't keep a job for more than an hour and she is always found goofing off or being lazy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKaleigh:) March 6, 2012

It's Just Another Dude on a Guitar!!

I don't see anything awful in this show...Ally could dress a little better (her skirt was a little short). It can be inspiring since Ally is writing songs, but...it's ANOTHER SHOW ABOUT MUSIC. Yeah, music is in every person's life, it's practically what makes the world go 'round...but, really?? ANOTHER show about some teenage guy rockin' the guitar?? It's getting old. Overall, I don't see anything you should be horribly concerned about, if you don't mind short skirts and 'hot' guys or whatever ('hot' is an exaggeration since I don't think that a bit!) :)
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2012

utter rubbish

A stupid plotline and is not nearly as good as older disney shows (sister,sister and Lizzie McGuire)
Teen, 14 years old Written byoOSlowMotionOo March 2, 2012

Watch something else.

Horrible show. Dreadful. The acting sucks, and it has horrible messages for kids. Trish, is portrayed as lazy (since she is overweight, it seems like they are using her as a stereotype), and they use her "talent" of not able to keep down a job as humor. Austin and Dez are incredibly, horribly stupid. The songs are corny and the show is annoying. The costumes are horrible too. Ally walked out in a fish dress once. A FISH dress. Completely serious too. I always thought Disney's designers were going downhill, but that just takes the cake. They need to meet with kids and teens and find out how they really dress, because I guarantee it's not like that. You never see them doing normal teen stuff. A lot of kids I know right now are studying, talking about quizzes and tests, texting, laughing, hanging out, and just being kids. This show is about music. ONLY, about music. Ally has an annoying habit of obsessing over pickles. There is no character development, and what they learn in one episode is forgotten in the next. The comedy falls flat. Just a terrible show in general.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRM011420 March 2, 2012

It's okay..

I have only even considered watching the show because of Ross Lynch, I have been a fan of him and the band R5 (which he is in) for years and even thought I hate disney with a burning passion, this is his dream and I support him. But only because I know he and his family are so humble, down to earth and fun loving. The show itself has a simple and predictable story line and anyone can watch the show. I don't see the show having much of a future, but I'm proud of Ross!
Teen, 13 years old Written byelimellyxoxo February 24, 2012

Not what I was expecting....

I guess we can all say Disney has changed in a while,right? Well this was a bad change. It's plain horrible. The acting is TERRIBLE. My dog could have done better. The characters are rather mean,or lazy and the only entertaining part is the songs but honestly none of those can sing.....perfectly. It's okay for kids to watch but I wouldn't recommend it because I would say it's pretty much a stupid show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byroxie94 February 24, 2012

The BEST show ever

i love this show is great, true that is not very serious and there is no adults and is just another music show but it's great and fun and what's whit music show and following dreams, another thing that's great is that the main character do mistake and their not perfect i know that steel the song and stuff but like in the real life people can be forgive, three more things, one people don't watch tv for role models or see different things history teach us that when something works you keep doing that, i watch tv to see different things and why not stimulate dreams, two even if believe at platonic friendship knowing Disney i think the to the end of the show between austin and ally is gonna append romance maybe not a kiss but is gonna append, three i think that austin also do is part how many people can sing, dance, and play all of that instrument, it takes a lot time and not everybody can do it in the end i just wanna say that if you don't like it fine, it's opinion but not judge people who like it or maybe because it's repetitive, there is thon of repetitive stuff on tv, this one got role model, good messages, funny moment and good music and beside aren't people watch tv to see something real but exaggerated to the max, to escape of reality or just have fun ... stop make it a big deal is just a tv show watch what you like and we will watch what we like. p.s. i don't mean to offend anybody I’m just saying my opinion