All member reviews for Austin & Ally

Squeaky-clean musical series with platonic boy-girl friends.

Parent Written bygauntlette August 17, 2015

Full of stereotypes and bad role models

Not only do I think that the jokes and acting are poor and the whole thing in general is extremely cliche, but the show is full of stereotypes and horrible role models. Trish is selfish, a compulsive liar, the complete opposite of responsible and she really doesn't care about improvement; Dez is air-headed and gives in to peer pressure way too easily; Austin is excessively lazy and his only concerns are girls and his public image; and Ally As for the stereotypes, they are everywhere. There is a cheerleader that is (there is no nice way to put this) dumb and she doesn't care about anything but her appearance and cheerleading, a geeky Asian boy that is overly quiet and friendless, and so many more.
Adult Written bycottonkitten October 25, 2014

It's not nearly as good as it seems

Austin and Ally is one of the most corny shows on Disney Channel. It's predictable, unrealistic and the only thing funny about it is the script. The "jokes" are mostly Ally's "best friend" saying mean things to her or someone else, or Austin's best friend being outrageously stupid. At first I liked the thought that Austin and Ally were just friends, even though they were the opposite sex, but of course, they ended up dating, and then breaking up, though continuously acting like they love each other. It's really WEIRD.
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2013

Don't bother

Terrible. Annoying. Cheesy/corny (whichever term you use)
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigbangtheory143 July 18, 2012

Great Show

To all you losers who hate the new generation of Disney: SHUT UP. No one cares about you. No one cares about what you have to say. The new generation of Disney is as good as it used to be. This show is actually really good, but all these losers make it sound bad. There is no swearing or violence, but with romance, well, let's just say it's almost 100% possible that Austin and Ally will date sometime in the series. To all you people who hate all the new Disney shows: GET A LIFE BECAUSE NO ONE AGREES WITH YOU!
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2012

No, just no.

This is like every other Disney Show I've seen. Unoriginal plot, unrealistic, and overall not even that funny. I mean, what's up with today's T.V shows? Shame.
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2012

Ally is NOT a positive role model. She does ALL the work and is WAY too negitive. She complains every 2 sentences. Austin NEVER says thank you and Dez is stupid but acts like the smatest person in the world. Trish never keeps a job....nuff said. DONT WATCH still like them as people though
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2012

Such a cliche

i knew austin and ally would be rubbish cliche like this. EVERYONE on disney channel has to sing which is soo annoying. She cant even sing, shes bad at acting, Austin is to suppose 2 b the hot singer and ally the brains. I wouldnt even bother watching a show like this go for suite life on deck which is better!
Kid, 10 years old February 12, 2012

STOP HATING ADULTS

This show is good for kids.At school me and my friends always record videos of the show's songs.WE SING THERE SONGS!YOU ADULTS NEED TO LITEN UP.So what austin steals ally's song.Give Disney a break.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDancingInTheRain January 15, 2012

Skip it

Terrible show. It's actually quite unfathomable. I won't even play the "It's good for kids," card, because it isn't good for kids. The fact that Austin does nothing but lazily written Disney antics with his apparently necessary to the plot idiotic friend while Ally writes all his music, which are aren't at all well-written and are very mindless with no message whatsoever, teaches children that, and I hate to be such a feminist right now but it needs to be said, that men can do nothing while girls have to do everything for them. Horribly predictable, horribly obvious way to promote Disney's terrible music. It's an even more thinly veiled than Hannah Montana. Not worth your time.
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2012

An Example of How Horrible is Getting Bad

This is the worst show ever. The jokes arent funny, its boring, its annoying. Its very clean though. A little TOO clean, and looks like its meant for 5 and under. I guess Disney is realizing the only people who watch it is under 5.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2011

Good show that younger kids can watch with their older siblings.

Austin and Ally is funny, and it isnt obnoxious/stupid like Fish Hooks, Jessie, and Shanke it Up. Its not inappropriate either so younger kids can watch it too.
Kid, 10 years old December 2, 2011

Austin And Ally

Austin And Ally is a okay show. Infact the only reason the show is okay is that I know it will be disappointing. The show includes the max crude humor that I think Disney Channel will have which why it will be a bad show. Sometime they will run out of story ideas and just keep crude humor and music basically with no big story. Overall Austin And Ally is a pretty fine show for now but won't turn out good later.
Adult Written byAmanda R. August 4, 2016

Love!

The whole cast is absolutely amazing! Love the show and miss it too :( Really wish they could've had it go on longer but the way they ended it was so amazingly put together.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCandy_Lily98 August 4, 2016

I wonder what is going on in Disney's mind

Look if you need a cheesy show to watch then this is it. I question myself when I have to watch this with my little cousin which he likes sadly. The main thing I don't like about this show is why does Ally and Austin stay friends with Trish and Dez. Trish is rude, selfish, and down right a bad friend. Yes, she helps but there are more bad points than good. Dez he is just so stupid how can someone in their right mind be like this? I have seen 9 year olds act better than him. He acts so clueless that it just makes me want to hate him more, and don't get me started on the acting, it is so bad excitement looks fake, sadness looks fake, happiness looks fake, laughter sounds fake, and shocked faces look fake. The jokes are lame and they don't even sound like really jokes it sounds even more fake when it's played by them. Sometimes I just think I want to slap them for being so rude. All 4 of them are bad role models for kids. Austin is lazy that makes someone else do the work (Ally). Ally is so pessimistic and let's her friends run over her. Dez acts so ditzy and stupid thinking that anything he does (even bad stuff) is the best thing ever. Last but not least the worst role model is Trish , she thinks that she is the boss and thinks that she is better than everyone she brings people down so she can seem better and she gets fired every job she does and sometimes hopes to get fired too. She is a horrible 'manager' and says it's good to lie . Yet in every cliché show they make up at the end not even caring about the events or what happened. So whoever likes it I'm sorry, but it isn't a good show and has bad morels.
Teen, 17 years old Written byprincesscupcake683 July 20, 2016

Love this show!!!

I am well into my teens and I freaking love this show! It's cute, funny, upbeat, infectious, has great morals and messages and I just gush at Auslly's romance. If you don't like this show, just don't watch it. However it does have some sexual jokes in it, for example, there is a scene in one episode where Austin stares at Ally's butt and makes sexual comments about her pig smell, there is an episode of Ally's mom asking her if she wants to watch a gorilla push a baby from its vagina (which had me dying of laughter). But otherwise, it's an amazing series! I totes recommend it!
Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2016

I don't know what to say

Austin and Ally is a show about four teens who run a music factory. Trish can get rude, humorous and crazy. Dez is teased by Trish frequently he is often wearing crazy patterned mismatched clothes, he acts really dumb like he doesent know anything. Ally is a spirited musician who says be who you are a lot. Austin is in the middle of Ally and Dez.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissconcerned February 1, 2016

Warning! This show is terrible

This show is horrible. The premise is stupid and wrong. There are so many stereotypes, there is a laughtrack that plays too much at an unfunny joke (none of the "jokes" are funny), the role models are horrible, and it's too stupid and soapy. What happened to classics like Snow White and The Little Mermaid? Plus like a really large majority of children's shows nowadays it shows bratty behavior and older teen behavior to young children that is turning a lot of them into ungrateful brats.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydishwashersoap January 18, 2016

You like trash? Then boy... is this the show for you

Its awful. Every aspect is bad. No good morals, no good humor, nothing. Its another one of these 'nothing' shows that Disney has been pumping out. You know, the ones that have such little thought put in to it that the audience that it appeals to (5 and up) could have wrote it. This is a show about a boy who is given all the fame in the world overnight and his 'hilarious' misadventures (I am using the term hilarious so so loosely). Now for the good part The jokes This is my biggest problem with this show. The jokes are so lazy. Every joke is the same. Being rude to other characters or self deprived humor. Not something you want to let your kids pick up on. I guess I don't really have too much to say about this shows plot.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykaratethuyduong January 10, 2016

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING IN EVERY WAY!

THIS SHOW IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING IN EVERY WAY, I LOVE IT SOO MUCH!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykad1121 January 10, 2016

TERRIBLE!

This show is absolutely terrible. They all sing like a bunch of 5 year old girls whining and they dance like they're trying to take their clothes off. This show is corny, sappy, and unfunny. Also, they MAKE FUN OF AUTISM THEY WERE BULLYING A KID WITH AUTISM! I HATE THIS SHOW SO MUCH! I HATE DISNEY CHANNEL