Squeaky-clean musical series with platonic boy-girl friends.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJennifer148 December 29, 2011

Almost As Horrible As Shake It Up

This show just made me really disappointed. It's not inappropiate or anything like that, it just is horrible. Disney is nowadays all about ''I rock at music'', or ''I am the best dancer ever''!! What happened to the old Disney. You know, the good Disney?
Adult Written byLadyChaos118 April 22, 2012

The Teens Ugly Truth

I just don't get you parents, I'm 18 years old and just cause you want "safe" television for your children does not mean you have to take it from us Teens. Nothing on TV is safe for kids these days there is violence everywhere, that's just how it is. Parents want to baby proof everything, why don't you give your kids some independence with the stuff on TV? TV is a fantasy world, it just shows you what YOU want too see, the real world is out their and its nothing like TV shows you can't protect kids from everything. HELLO have you seen The Power Puff Girls?! Little girls that beat up monsters for a living, teach life lessons, romance, there is nothing to stop this from happening. You should stop "saving" your kids that don't want to be saved. Ask your kids what they want. Parents never listen to what we have to say. so this might get erased for my blunt disagreement. I love Austin and Ally but if there is no romance then its just another stupid censored show. It shouldn't be for kids just cause the parents want everything G rated. The parents will get what they want.
Adult Written byTinyToya December 4, 2011

Another Disney Show to Promote Music

This show is HORRIBLY predictable. It seems like Disney does not even try with the script anymore. I also don't like the premise of the show. Austin STOLE Ally's song, became famous from it and is now using her to be his songwriter. Admittedly, he did give her some credit on television while also causing her to have stage fright and embarrassing her. Finally, I hate how unrealistic the show is. It needs more adults, more purpose, and something realistic. Disney needs to quit focusing on promoting singers and music at the expense of the program.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhonestlyme March 3, 2012

If you can't sleep at night, turn on Austin & Ally. It works better than warm milk or sleeping pills.

I am going to be fully honest with you,readers. This show just lowered the bar for disney entertainment, if you could even call it that.Reasons: 1)BAD ACTING, BAD SCRIPT. Austin just has fake excitement and I find he is actually too dumb to actually be 'successful' in the music business. I am a girl, but I find he makes an insult out of boys. And people who are remotely related to him. Seriously. Eating ice cream out of your pants in a music store? And DEZ. Don't get me started.The actor is very bad, and the character is not realistic. Since when can a 15-17-year-old order a camel to a mall?! Plus, I doubt that there are wild llamas roaming the halls of a mall in Miami. OH and the hater girl episode. Ugh. First of all, the girl should stay in So Random, one of the few good shows on Disney. Second of all, SERIOUSLY??? Obssessing for ten years over a butterfly song. It WOULD be relevant if she was obssessing over something awesome, like The Hunger Games, but even I ( an ultimate hunger games fan) wouldn't go all twitchy and...'bang your head on wall-y'. 2)GENRE. It seems like all Disney- no scratch that- ALL kids shows are about singing and music and the glamorous life and whatever. What happened to that's so raven and suite life of zack & cody? You know, ancient reminders of the once AWESOME Disney Channel? Also, they copied the Ellen Show and made it into some lady who's dancing weirdly all the time. That is a crime in and of itself. 3)EVERYTHING. Honestly, I don't like it when grown or awesome guys or adult actors in general are dragged into the mystical world of five-year-olds. Or middle-schoolers(a girl in my class is freaking out because she saw Randy or Ronald or whatever his name is shirtless. It woulld be understandable if it were Josh Hutcherson, or Alex Pettyfer, but no, it was AUSTIN). I don't think it's becoming for two guys, almost men, to be involved in shows for 5-year-olds. Plus, a llama was in that show, which is a complete disgrace to all llama-kind. THANK YOU FOR READING, and don't bother watching the show unless there's nothing else you wanna see late at night and you don't have a lullaby app on ipod or whatever.(Austin & Ally works like magic in terms of putting you to sleep or just annoying the buttered croissants off off ya.) -honestlyme
Teen, 13 years old Written byqueenstyles101 December 30, 2011

Seriously fell in love with the show!

In my opinion Austin & Ally is an awesome show for many reasons. I love the music and the acting, and every episode never fails to bring a good laugh! Will keep watching!
Kid, 11 years old December 12, 2011

It should be Ally and Austin because Ally does all the work

When I saw the previews, I thought this was going to be one of those weird crazy and crudey dinsey shows. After I watched it, I decided that it wasn't that bad. The only thing that bugged me was that Austin STOLE Ally's song and TOOK ADVATAGE OF HER! He heard her song and claimed that he 'mistakenly' got the lyrics stuck in his head and then thought he wrote it! And then he posts a weird video of himself singing 'his song' and it went viral and he became really famous! Then he starts making Austin products to sell! Austin pressures Ally into becoming his songwriter! Then he makes her write songs for him each week, and she has to work and keep up with her own life and he starts getting mad when she doesn't have a song for him to perform! Austin is not a good role model.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIloveoreo February 23, 2013

Good show

I love austin and ally it has come such a long way! I thought the first season wasn't that good at all but know that they have added some drama , even though it is still cheesy, it is sooooo much better! I think ally is a good role model though the show does not have a good plot It is the only show on Disney that I will watch besides good luck Charlie. Since austin and ally are gonna be together i think it is nice i can finely watch something that involves sexy stuff like the lying game and other " teen shows ". My only concern that I have is the the mom being the Alfa and the father betrade as some fool like all disney shows. But other than I would let a child watch this!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolcat143 December 19, 2011

WOW!

I am 13 and I love this show. I think that the show is fun and it's interesting to watch!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJayla970 December 30, 2011

WORST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst show EVER! I would have given it zero stars(if I could). Austin is a lazy insane kid,and Ally has to do all the work. If I were Ally I would slapped Austin in the face with a frying pan . THIS SHOW IS TEAHCHING KIDS TO BE LAZY AND IRRESPONSIBLE! This is stupid. Nickelodeon and disney don't care about how stupid thier shows are. As long as they get the $$$ their satisfied.
Kid, 9 years old December 16, 2011

AHHHHHHHHHHH! FELL IN LOVE WITH SHOW! BIGGEST FAN!

ok so this show is amazing. its very funny and its very cute with the relationship austin and ally have. its not bad in anyway.
Teen, 17 years old Written byobsessivereader December 6, 2011

eh...

just another disney music show...
Teen, 17 years old Written byACriticKindOfPerson February 15, 2012

IT BURNS MY EYES.

Don't get me started on Dez. They TRY to make him funny with random, wacko things that they think little kids would giggle at. Yes! Not. I watched the show with my 5-year-old cousin, and even though he rarely changes the channel when it's on Disney, he changed it the moment he saw Dez with his "wacky" and "fun" antics. I would rate this negative infinity if I could. Trish is a bad role model, getting fired from jobs and just saying, "Oh well" and even tries to get fired at some points. I can't believe anyone will accept her after all of her jobs she got fired from. Austin, the "Superstar". Austin stole Ally's song, supposedly getting it "stuck in his head" and "thought he wrote it". Convincing? No, he even pressured Ally to go on the Ellen show to face her fear and embarrassed her in front of everyone. He does absolutely nothing to even TRY to stop it, and just lets her go. He even whines when Ally doesn't get a new song fast or he won't be famous. Ally does all the work while Austin just performs, and Trish may get the gigs, but all she really does is get fired. She's late, lazy and doesn't even care about how hard Ally works. Dez may record the videos, but anyone can run around Austin shakily hold a camera, using special effects and all. Ally is a good role model, and is the only good character.That kid who gets lessons from Ally? "Aw, Nartz!"? NOT. FUNNY. He is stupid, with his stupid little catchphrase, and an absolutely USELESS. Skip it. And to those to tell me to suck it because I hate it, I respect you if you like it, but you have to respect me. So, Peace out.
Kid, 8 years old January 1, 2012

do I half to review this just watch the show

good show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written bySLynch5 March 31, 2015

One of my fav shows

I love this show and so do my friends at school. I find that although its cheesy at times, the comedy and music makes up for that. Laura (Ally) is a shy girl who eventually overcomes her fear of singing on stage. She never gave up. Ross (Austin) is a rocker boy who loves being on stage and gives it all up for love. Their songs are catchy and I would recommend this to any fan of Disney. Heck, I think its the best show on Disney at the moment. A few kisses spread out throughout the series but nothing bad that a kid can't handle.
Adult Written byholly525 October 2, 2013

I Love Austin and Ally! (and you couldn't honestly expect better from Disney)

I think that most of the people who reviewed this show just don't understand some humor. Sure it's a dorky, innocent sense of humor, but I think that this show is funny. It is being intentionally cheesy in a way that I personally enjoy. Dez's unpredictable oddities crack me up! Austin and Ally's relationship is cute (but for parents sake I'll inform you that it's not so platonic in the later seasons). And all the character flaws mentioned in the other reviews are not just ignored. The characters are always trying to improve themselves. And for people saying Austin has no talent, 1) he really does sing and play those instruments, and 2) not everyone can have a voice like Whitney Houston, but that doesn't mean they don't have a passion for music, and there's nothing wrong with that. So those of you who think you're above laughing at pure, clean silliness can just go watch something more sophisticated.
Adult Written byUros Panic August 9, 2013

Meh...

This show isn`t that bad.But its giving the kids and impression that playing instruments is easy and you can play 10 of them with no problem what so ever.I myself play viola for living and i can say i have spent 9 years playing violin and 8 years playing viola to get really good at it,and they show some 17-18 year old kid playing all the instruments like a virtuoso.I have the same problem with AntFarm and china.Show isn`t bad,lynch has a good voice but really playing 10+ instruments is practically impossible except someone like Beethoven and Mozart even they did not know to play all of them.
Kid, 9 years old July 9, 2012

Turn it off!

Disney?! You have failed again. I have never laughed at this stupid comedy. Austin acts so retarded. He never works, he just sings, and lays down and wait for a new song. All the characters are retarded. Ally likes dallis, but as soon as I saw his face he looked like some spoiled hot Justin bieber like Austin. All Austin does is sing and flirt, he is spoiled and is not talented, because I hate his singing. His songs suck and you want to mute the tv. The theme song has good LYRICS but Austin's voice sucks, I know I cant sing but he can't either so THERE! One episode he showed ally his "sweet new dance moves" which actual sucked. He could not dance! I saw it and I was about vomit! Disneys getting money off of this stupid stuff? Austin should never ever sing! Or DANCE! So Disney just was stupid this time. Demi lavato was a great singer and she left, why couldn't Austin do it instead of Demi?
Kid, 12 years old February 4, 2012

hate it

i dont really like it austin stole allys song then came famous but he did say sorry but still and then he embarassed her on tv causeing her to reck the set of the show he was on then this kid dez is so stupid they try to make him funny but hes not then there is some toothless kid who tries to play music
Teen, 14 years old Written bySheehey January 7, 2012

Just Another Lame Disney Show

This show is evidence of the downward slope DIsney shows are on. Being one of the newest shows on Disney, it has definitely taken its rightful place as the stupidest program I've ever seen on the channel. The script is bad and the presentation of the script is incredibly fake, by way of the horrible cast. The plot is off-the-wall random and unbelievable; the show is actually difficult to watch at times. It really is just another musician promotion show, despite how bad this "Austin" guy is. The obvious "Justin Bieber" type story, the Ellen reference, it's all obnoxious. I won't be surprised when Disney keeps this on the air forever like they did with Hannah Montana, though. I feel bad for this generation of Disney viewers.