All member reviews for Avalon High

Teen, 13 years old Written byskids215 November 15, 2010

Awesome Movie, Surprise Ending

This movie was amazing and the ending of it was even more amazing. They said it would be a shocker ending. I think little kids might be interesting, but confused of all the talking of King Arthur, but kids 8 and up would be interested
Teen, 17 years old Written byGregor the Brown November 16, 2010

A Decent Film Destroyed by Overzealous Feminist

As someone who loves the original legend and good adventure films, I have to say that I found this movie fairly entertaining, but still rather disappointing. I found most of the parallels being developed in the film interesting, including the love triangle between "Will," "Jen" and "Lance." These were well thought out, and kept both the professor and the teenager in me entertained. The acting was decent, and it was loads of fun trying to catch the moments when Gregg Sulkin tripped up on his accent. Now for the bad. Don't get me wrong. I love plot twists; the less predictable the better. However, good plot twists are ones that you don't see coming, but never the less make sense once they arrive. This was not that sort of plot twist. This twist tramples every last one of those carefully built parallels and leaves behind an utterly demolished story. It is actually very sad, as this movie could have been fairly decent if the writers had not felt the need to ruin it with their absurd ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomone72 November 8, 2010

Sweet Romance

I say above eleven because I don;t think anyone younger would be interested in it. I really liked this book. And it was clean. There is some kissing, but nothing outrageous. ;) It made me want to learn more about Camolt also, so it was education.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 January 9, 2011

Better than most DCOMs (3.5/4 stars)

It was predictable in some things, but overall I liked it. SPOILER alert: I don't understand how Ally could be the descendant of King Arthur. I know why they did it, but it doesn't make much ense. Like I said, though, a good film. Violence: Some fantasy sword battles, but nothing bloody/goery is shown. Sex: Some teens have crushes on one another; some kissing.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygLeek_nerd628 November 17, 2010

Surprisingly delightful adaption for younger kids

Although the book will always be the best, I found myself liking this adaptation. Although the plot twist *spoilers!* with Allie as King Arthur and Mr. Moore as Mordrid was a little upsetting at first (what with Will and Marco, respectively, being the original incarnations), the movie was very well made and very enjoyable. The new edition of Miles as Merlin didn't detract from the story; it only enhanced it. Overall very well done, and very appropriate for younger kids who aren't yet old enough to read Meg Cabot's book.
Kid, 9 years old November 16, 2010

Avalon High

Very Good Movie.Not The Right Time To Hit On Disney.I Wonder Why Disney Picked This Movie.Well This Movie Is Based On A Series Of Books.Now That Tells Me Its Not Disneys Fault For The Bad Ending.(WARNING:Spoiler Alerts Are Here.Suddenly Mordred Is Actually Not Will's Bro But Its The Professer.Then A Big Flash Comes And They Are In The King Aurther Time And Somehow It Was Allie All This Time.)Ok Spoiler Alerts Are Done And Thats It.6+
Teen, 16 years old Written byubercrunk December 27, 2010

great for kids 8+, ok for tweens and teens

I actually was surprised at the quality of this movie. I usually write off Disney Channel movies as mediocre acting and predictable plots. I have to say, for this movie, the actors/actresses were extremely good and the plot ended up being a total surprise from what I had predicted to happen. Sure, there were definitely scenes where the actors should have practiced a bit more because it was kind of bad acting. However, the majority of the movie was extremely well acted out. The actors and actresses seemed very realistic and relatable and I could feel what they were attempting to portray accurately. This movie also had an impressive message, encouraging individualism and friendship. The chemistry between the two main actors was also visible and it didn't seem odd or forced like other movies. A few light kisses here and there, it might make your six year old "eww!" a bit, but nothing terribly explicit or risque (it is after all a Disney movie). Okay, so there were also some pretty lame scenes which will probably cause some eyes to roll. I felt the ending kind of left some questions unanswered, which isn't a good trait in a movie. However, unless you have the mind of an adult, the chances of these questions popping up are slim to none. These questions aren't dirty per se, but they are definitely questions that shouldn't even have to come up in a children's movie. (If you watch the movie, you would understand exactly what I mean). If you're a kid, this movie would be highly entertaining. Unfortunately, the twist in the plot kind of ruined the movie for me, because it just turned the entire beginning and middle of the movie into shambles, making the movie a big mess of questions and gaps. Overall though, it is a movie that encourages children to be themselves and have good morals, and Disney has pulled off a keeper with this one. It appeals both to girls (strong female lead) and boys (football and swords... enough said) so it is definitely a movie to watch with your kids, as long as they don't ask too many questions.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2010

Lovin' It

I love the movie. I stayed up all night just to watch it. Now I want to run track and I am researching the reincarnation of King Arthur!!!
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2011

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this for a couple if reasons, one because I never knew about king Aruther until I watched this, and this led me to the tv show Merlin also about King Aruther.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPeace-Love-Sonshine November 15, 2010

Amazing movie!

It is a great movie! Kids as well as tweens would love it! There was a little romance problem between the football quarterback, his girlfriend (a cheerleader), and his best friend (another football player), but over all it was an amazing movie! To anyone who likes adventure and history, GO SEE IT!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrevolting slob November 14, 2010

love it

I loved it I thought it was great I learned about king Arthur I have just heard about him but never learned about him and any way I just love castles and nights and medevil stuff
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2011

great movie

Great movie with great role models and great messages. I've seen it tons of time and i recommend it to any one 7 and up due to mild violence
Teen, 15 years old Written byholly525 March 11, 2011

I just thought it was kinda weird that she was reincarnated from a guy. Other than that it was okay.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2012

I like this movie and the end was spot on

I Liked this movie because it gave you clues from the he beginning. It let you put together a prediction but it would be totally wrong. A lot of people are saying it is a bad ending I disagree i think this movies ending was vary good and vary complete all of this came together the only thing did not like how they had to change who king Arthur is that was a little to much.
Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2013

Avalon High

I think it was okay , It was slightly entertaining but not really. I think it was slow and boring . It did not have a lot of action . Same with the books. I prefer more bloody books and movies or very sad ones.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMordred March 23, 2013

A Disappointing Affair

Avalon High is...well, what do you think a re-imagining of the legends of King Arthur in a high school would be? We get no motivation for the at all for the villain(Except that he's the reincarnation of Mordred. You'd think he'd forget any past grudges since no one else remembers their past lives.), the characters are as interesting and complex as a pieces cardboard, its has one the most confusing and boring fight scenes I've ever seen, their are better series that work with the plot twist given at the end, and I doubt that anyone involved in the creation of this has ever, y'know, actually researched King Arthur. It's not completely unwatchable, but the story has more holes in it than swiss cheese. So I just suggest watching something better involving King Arthur. Preferebly something that has nothing to do with high school. (By the way, Avalon is never actually mentioned within the movie. They'd be better off calling it "The Campus of Camelot ." Or "Jocks of the Round Table." Or anything else, really.)
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2012

Avalon High

Avalon High Is A Movie That Is Okay But Has Some Things That Include Lots Of Love But Most Kids Wont Understand. But overall Avalon High is a good and a one time watch movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byLautnerFan October 7, 2012

Way better than I expected it to be

This movie was actually very good!!!!!! I didn't think that I would like it very much, but it was entertaining. The actors and actresses were talented, and it had an interesting plot. I would rate it four out of five stars. Overall, it was a great movie!!!!!!!! :D
Teen, 13 years old Written bybabycakes1131 September 30, 2014

awsomest movie ever

Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2014

Amazing!!!!!!!!

It had mystery and it was just a great film!