All parent member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Parent Written byjdhcu846238 April 11, 2015

this tv show is for kids its really funny.And there is no swearing
Adult Written byMaryn_4 March 4, 2015

2 year olds

Ever since watching the show my two year old has shown great leaps of intelligence. For example in avatar Aang is always avoiding a fight.Today in preschool another baby stole his toy. Instead of hitting or yelling he told the other baby that he could use it and then give it back. Great influence for babies.
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byAma Mia January 8, 2015

Best kids show ever!!

I watched one show to check it out and got hooked! Great plot and character development! Great life themes led to great conversations with my kids...about life, destiny, forgiveness, family, friendship, sociopaths and how to recognize them, and more!
Parent Written byashley657 October 13, 2013

For kids?!

No! This is an absolute disgrace. I found my 3 year old child sitting at the TV watching it. There were sexual references and jokes between characters! I have banned my child from watching it! One of the characters got high on cactus and it is not a positive message to anyone. Why is this even on Nickelodeon?!
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byJulie St-F September 28, 2013

Amazing, but intense

One of our favourites. There is fighting, and some pretty serious themes. A big part of the plot is that the Fire Nation essentially committed genocide, wiping out the Air Nation. On a more personal level, many of the characters have had major tragedies in their lives. Prince Zukko has been disowned by his father because he's seen as "weak", Kitara and Sokka have lost their mother and rarely see their father. My 8 year old is able to talk about these themes, and not overwhelmed by it all. That being said, I know a fair number of kids her age who would not be able to handle it.
Educator and Parent Written byLaUnica July 31, 2013

Good time

Great show that my 8 year old & I both enjoyed watching.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byBonkersfan1995 March 22, 2013

The Best and Most Popular Action-Adventure Cartoon Show Ever!

Everyone knows and loves Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's an awesome show that contains violence and scary moments. I watch that cartoon all the time just like them. XD
Educator Written bymcmanuss March 6, 2013

Anime with Something for Everyone

We love this show. The characters are mulch-dimensional and there are both female and male heroes, which is a nice change. The violence isn't harsh, but it is active and breaks up a very talky show. I appreciate that even the main villain, the prince, is an honorable foe and that the show contrasts him with backstabbing, dishonorable bad guys. Not for every kid, but for our girl who grew up on Pikachu, this show hits the spot.
Adult Written byTheTruthForYouIdoits February 26, 2013

Avatar is Awesome

I learned more about life from this show than could ever have been expected. When I was a kid growing up watching this I would be on the edge of my seat every episode and the endings didn't disapoint.
Parent Written byShugocharafan88 February 13, 2013

who got rid of my "your logic confuzzles me" post? but seriously, i can't understand you, could you speak with better grammar?

excited...sorta i had wednesday-sunday off it was fun
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, and 11 year old Written byAnEpicGuy December 5, 2012

Better than Kickin' It

Kids can learn martial arts with Aang, but because its an action cartoon, it DOES get violent.
Parent of a 2, 6, 7, and 8 year old Written bygranata September 16, 2012

Best. Show. Ever.

This might be one of the best kids' shows I have ever seen and one of the best shows I have seen as well! Yeah, it's a kids' show, but it's got some pretty hefty themes, excellent story telling and they actually wrap everything up in the end (couldn't say that for Lost). Hate anime? Me too! But the creators of the show take a tongue-and-cheek approach to the genre that makes it pretty funny at times. The only thing that might bother some is the eastern mysticism featured it it. But the positive messages and role models in this show far outweigh any negative you could find.
Adult Written byThe Tennant July 29, 2012

A True Tv Show

Hands down, best animated show i have ever watched in my life. The show brings great entertainment to those that can understand the plot, hens the 8 + age recommendation, and offers a great role model in "uncle iroh" who throughout the show gives live long lessons. Without a doubt i will buy the dvds to this show and show them to my children seeing that the television shows have gone down in imagination and much less entertainment. You have to at least watch a few episodes
Adult Written byCollegeGradGuy May 28, 2012

In a League of its own; a classic series

Great show for young kids and adults, if they're open to animation as a respectable form of presentation. Plot and characters are top-notch, and the show has a great wit and humor to accompany the amazingly well-animated action set pieces. It can have greater educational value if you look into the Asian mythologies it references, it has the usual positive messages for an action kids show, but an unusual amount of positive role models for girls. It does involve solving conflicts with violence, but not an unnecessary amount.
Adult Written byhwarming May 9, 2012

Great show

One of the best animated shows I have ever seen. Avatar: The Last Airbender features a world where some people have powers to bend the elements, such as fire, water, earth, and air. The story focuses around Aang, a 12 year old Airbender who is the Avatar, a person who can master all 4 of the elements and has the duty of keeping balance in the world, and his friends, Katara, a young waterbender, Sokka, a Water tribe warrior, older brother of Katara. and Appa, Aang's flying bison. They are stalked around the world by Zuko, an exiled prince of the Fire nation, as he tries to reclaim his honour, and his uncle, Iroh, a kind, gentlehearted old man. For a Nick show, the language is pretty strong, and death and killing is talked about. There is very mild sexual content, a few innuendos that most kids would not understand, and the occasional kiss. This is a must see. I'm 18 and I still love this show.
Adult Written byVictorian Gentlemen February 22, 2012

Beautiful, Epic, and Real

The Avatar series is similar to Forest Gump in that your children should watch it but not until they are old enough to do so. It teaches about Asian culture, and shows the discipline and beauty of the martial arts as opposed to just action violence. Also it tells one very good long story over the course of the series and many smaller just as good stories over each individual episode. The characters each are very complete individuals each has strengths and vises. Not only that but each strength is endorsed and every vise addressed by the other characters. Also the characters relationships are very complete, with the idea of brotherly love being just as, if not more, prominent as the idea of romantic love. Then when there is romantic love it is not discussed as being kissing, attractiveness, and giggly happiness but rather as duty, respect, honor, and empathetic connection. And after all that, it is a complete story, the writers knew exactly what they were going to make, exactly how it was going to end and exactly what they were going to accomplish and the quality of the show reflects it. In short this is a work of art not just a source of entertainment, but rather a memorable experience.
Parent Written byWingman Dad January 27, 2012

Best Kids Show Ever Made...

I've watched all of the episodes from season 1 to 3 with my then 6 year old son. In my humble opinion, this is the best kids tv show ever made. You have to watch it from the beginning to really understand the characters and deep story arc. It has humor, great action... and best of all, it doesn't dumb itself down for kids.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydpm December 26, 2011

A great show

This is the best tv series for kids that my children have seen. They have funny jokes, plot lines that make sense, and is action-packed, yet appropriate.
Educator and Parent Written byMichaelRD November 29, 2011

Excellent

I loved how the characters developed over the course of the series. They go through real problems, and they come out noticeably more mature. I was also impressed by how the characters explicitly talk about right and wrong in a lot of different situations.
Parent Written byicehockeymom November 20, 2011