All parent member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bymjckjohnson September 5, 2010

Don't give up when things are difficult

We like it because it's all about doing good, even when things are hard.
Parent of a 5, 6, and 9 year old Written bymama p July 18, 2010
Parent Written byParent2209 July 12, 2010

Excellent choice for boys (and action-oriented girls) over 9

I'm 40 and have been watching this series with my 9-year-old son. I'm a bit of an anime fan and would highly recommend it as a good show to watch with your child. I've been impressed by it's humor and cleverness and touched by it's eloquent stories. There are moments where moral and personal growth issues are on display that can act as teachable opportunities. But there are also moments of humor where you can laugh with your child. This show is such a refreshing change from the many obnoxious-child, visually-warped, childrens programming I see out there these days. Due to the abundance of fighting scenes, some parents may find this kind of show too violent for their child.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byjoannab July 11, 2010
Adult Written byJenPete May 4, 2010

Another action-adventure cartoon centered on violence.

I confess I'm not a big anime' fan, but this drivel marketed to kids as "educational" and "empowering" is nothing more than another action adventure. Sure, they talk about honor and such, but the central focus of every episode is violence.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjdss2222 April 27, 2010
This show I way beyond its time and and most children wont understand it but I would recommend it to a person the age of 16 to 40 because not only did they use real martial arts they have a story line that could win an oscar. I look forward to the M. Night Shyamalan real action movie. If it holds up to the cartoon then it should be a phenomenal film.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bysafkef April 10, 2010
Parent of a 8, 9, and 12 year old Written byMike Weston March 18, 2010

Best kids show EVER!!!

This is, hands down, the best animated cartoon series I've EVER seen. It has touching messages for adults about children, about being a parent, and about friendship. For kids, it has lots of laughs, and positive messages about not giving up, being your own person, and about being able to undo bad things you've done. I HIGHLY recommend this show for anyone, parent or not.
Adult Written byHelo Bumbeno Cuchelo January 22, 2010

Great for kids that are mature but still young, such as third grade.

I love this show! It is a great adventure series with an awesome plot!
Parent Written byPlague December 1, 2009

Avatar: The Last Airbender

Me and my son has made watching this show a daily thing. We both love it. Im not a huge cartoon fan at all, but theres just something about this show that I like...
Parent of a 6 year old Written byBerkeley Mama October 15, 2009

Well done fantasy series

Really well done animation & good plot & character development, set in a very imaginative fantasy world. There is violence in almost every episode, undercut somewhat by the fact that characters don't hit each other with fists or weapons, but instead "bend" elements, e.g. stop an opponent by freezing them in place with water. A positive message in good hearted characters who strive to do their best and to learn.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 6, 2009

great action packed show.

this show is a great action packed show for both boys and girls. but parens dont be fooled just because it's animated avatar is to vilont and way to scary for young kids. there's lots of fighting, wars, and peril and sometimes carecters are killed or serously wounded. also there is some flirting and kissing that goes on between a few different carecters 1 of them is only 12 but the rest are atleast 13. i say this show is OFF for ages 1-7 IFFY for 8 and ON for 9.
Adult Written byilikemusik23 October 6, 2009
I don't understand what's so great about this show. I've seen many episodes and it dosen't have anything to interesting in it. The only reason that i can see someone watching this is that they're kids are too young to be watching some more violent shows. Another thing i don't like about it i personally just think the main chracter is annoying pretty much all around. Skip It!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMeggels August 19, 2009

Great for ages 7 - 11

Love this cartoon! Which it was not aired in reruns only - great lessons, role models - only wished the characters had parents they had contact with on a regular basis or at all. The story is easy to relate to in young kids as well as the tweens- great graphics...it's a win win
Adult Written byTYeti22 December 1, 2008

Not just a cartoon....not just a nicktoon....it is a brilliant story

After watching Avatar: The last Airbender religiously since 2005, I say with full confidence that this show went beyond its expectations. Writers Michael Dante Dimartino and Bryon Konietzko stumbled on possibly one of the most visionary characters in fantasy history. Every character from Aang and the gang all the way to the Lion turtle leave an impact whether good or bad. Not only is it a brilliant story but the lessons it teaches are extraoridnary. It is recommended to all. 5 stars
Adult Written byafterdark April 9, 2008

Avatar: The Last Air Bender ROCKS!!

I remember the first night I watched Avatar with my kids. One Friday night, we were expecting a new Spongebob episode instead the premiere of Avatar was on. I had seen the previews and honestly it didn't peak my interest. But after watching the first two episodes that night I was hooked. In my opinion, Avatar is one of the best shows on TV, live action or animation!!! I have hooked so many people on to this show. My kids, wife and I never miss an episode.
Adult Written byyami0204 April 9, 2008

I'm addicted. I admit it. ^^;

This is, surprisingly, a very good show for being Amerime. The plot is deep and the visual aesthetics make any seasoned anime fan very happy. It's not overly-anime; it still retains an American-esque individuality in its style and story. I <3 Zuko and Sokka. XD But this is a great show for both kids and adults to get interested in. Kids'll enjoy the hilarious antics of Aang-tachi while adults can embellish in the rich culture and story being told. 2 thumbs up, in my book! *goes and draws more Avatar fanart*
Adult Written bynadnerb April 9, 2008
Adult Written byavatar April 9, 2008

really great for 10 years of age and up

great for kida and older people aven adults like it