All member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Finally... an Intelligent Cartoon!

Most cartoons that I have seen are based on violence and three stooges comedy, but Avatar is diffrent. The plot is complex and exciting, and the characters actually have 3-D personalities. Some content may not be appropriate for grade schoolers. This cartoon series is similar to Anime and I like how the characters change and grow throughout. I also like the clear influence of Asia and how characters feel responsible for each other's well-being.

loved it!

Everything about this show is great. Great plot, Great drama, evrything you need to be entertained. Just wacth the later seasons even if you would not get some of the stuff.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJ-Yo June 30, 2011

Finally, a good, quality show for children to watch. And not just children.

This is appropriate for children eight and up. However, the older the child, the more they will appreciate Avatar for being the only show on Nickelodeon that has any coherent or emotional story. The characters a very complex, each one mirroring the element he or she has control over (Aang is lighthearted and peaceful, like air; Toph is headstrong, like earth). The villains actually have real reasons for being evil, which teaches kids that not all bad guys are cruel because they are, but because they may have been raised in dangerous or corrupt environments and have different ideals. Avatar: the Last Airbender is a show that parents will be able to tolerate, if not enjoy, when their children watch it. It also has good insights into Asian mysticism.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrerenatinho April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byCrazy Emmersion April 9, 2008

Still my favorite show

This show is the best thing Nick's turned out in many years (which isn't saying much, but). The characters are endearing, the plot is involving, and even the villains are human, and one may find sympathy even for General Zhao. I almost can not wait for the rest of the (hopefully not) final season to premiere in the US, as Canada has several episodes already.
Teen, 15 years old Written byavatar365247 April 9, 2008

Awesome

Avatar is an awesome show. I luv watching it. The episodes are great and well thought out it isa great show. Myths and action and romance all tied in to one. I like the way it shows making chose and well thought out choses. Zuko also really cute
Teen, 13 years old Written byb-ball April 9, 2008

I love this show!!

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written bycatielynn147 July 12, 2010

Kind of Violent for kid under 7

I love Avatar the Last Airbender.However I think a child who is under 7 will think that solving your problems with violence is the answer. I think that this show is great for older kid. It's a really awesome show
Teen, 17 years old Written bySpaceMarine July 22, 2011

Best Cartoon Ever.

In an age when cartoons seem to becoming steadily dumber and shallower, (look on Nickelodeon and you'll see,) Avatar The Last Airbender stands out as a masterpiece. It features a very strong story, an engrossing, lovingly detailed world, and some of the best and most memorable characters I have ever seen. Though there is plenty of violence it is of the fantasy variety and usually involves the characters interacting with the four elements, and at my count, exactly one person has an onscreen death, and its bloodless. Some scenes involving the bigger fire nation war machines and Koh, the face stealing spirit will scare younger kids but otherwise the show is bright and fun. Deep themes such as honor and family are explored in surprising depth, and I recommend this show to anyone. Final note: Don't see the live-action movie, it is that bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGreysonGirl98 October 18, 2011

It`s Awsome!

I love this show. It`s funny yet thoughtful with great action scenes. The characters are just complex enough to keep interest but not bore. It`s a great show! I've already gone through the entire series and will continue to watch episodes.

I LOVE AVATAR

AVATAR IS A GREAT AND AWESOME SHOW. fUN TO WATCH FOR ALL AGES(ADULTS AND KIDS). iT HAS A LITTLE VOILENCE BUT NOTHING MAJOR. pLEASE WATCH IT, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID. P.S. SOKKA AND AZULA ARE MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny August 9, 2011

Awesome show!

Avatar is, like CSM said, a top-notch 'toon. It's about a kid named Aang (not Ong!) who travels the world trying to master all the elements (water, earth, fire, air) to defeat the Fire Lord and save all the nations. Aang is a good role model because he stops at nothing to save the world. There are also plenty of positive messages and lessons taught throughout the course of the show. If you like action, this show is for you! There's also quite a bit of comedy and drama.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAsterbunny July 16, 2011

Avatar: the last airbender fandom& ect.

I really loved Avatar: The last airbender! I used to watch it when i was younger and i recently downloaded for my younger brother who is 6 and he loves it. The violence is hardly as bad as other cartoons, such as ben 10 or young justice, which my brother also loves. I also think it's important to say that you have to remember it is not just aimed at younger kids, it has to appeal to The 'older fandom' to, that's where pairings come in.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJeusus-Christ man37 June 29, 2011

awesome show!!

i still watch this show. its awesome. i like how they also have strong women benders in the show as well as guys. its very entertaining to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHobbs and Calvin January 24, 2013

romance??

This was an amazing show by Nickelodeon. It had everything any cartoon would ever need................ ever....................romance, action, deep intellectual themes, and even suspense and anticipation. The violence is very mild, with only one big injury of a main character, and this injury shows lots of blood, but the blood looks nothing like blood at all, in fact, I had to look it it for a while to see what it is. Overall, the most intense parts are with the bending of the element fire, and no blood or burning comes of that. The main thing that I was surprised that Commonsense didn't write about, was the fact that the two main characters (Aang and Katara) kissed 3-4 times. That in itself isn't that sexual at all, but the weird thing about it was that Katara (age 14) kissed Aang (12 years old) for some 5+ seconds. First of all, after a 2 second kiss, it is making out........ kids 12 and 14 should NOT BE MAKING OUT! And second, Katara (the girl) is older than Aang by two years.............. and two years is a big difference at that age........ so on the show it kind of looked as if Aang was Katara's little brother, and they were making out............... I don't know, but that was a little weird for me, and may be awkward with younger kids..... so just decide for yourself!
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat January 14, 2012

Asian religious innuendos meet epic fiction and off-screen violence in top-notch action cartoon.

While the amount of on-screen violence is low enough for a TV-Y7-FV rating, there are a lot of implications about the reality of war that may scare many young children. For example, in one episode, one character tried to blow up an entire town that had been taken over by the Fire Nation. There are also many death threats. Sometimes characters are seen with wounds that are barely short of being bloody. A couple of characters die. That said, this is a very well-written show that has some smart plotlines. I remember finding the Ba Seng Se very suspensful back in the day, and today I now understand the complex social parody behind it. And there are a few moments of comic relief that one may find worthy of chuckling at. But most of all, the season 2 finale is epically suspenseful and is one of the greatest season finales I've ever seen in my life, at least when you take out the masterful end of the Cell saga of DBZ. But in any case, brave children from 8-10 may watch it, and they should like it, especially if they are the sort to be interested in action-dramas that have a good use of suspense and serious dialogue.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvKH April 9, 2008

Really good show

This show is really incredible and better than most anime,(except Death Note). In the newer episodes though, the clothing becomes skimpier, and the themes more mature, but nothing to worry about.

ok

this is a god show very clean but boring adn in ome episode its creepy