All teen and kid member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Teen, 13 years old Written byGandalfbaggins24 January 9, 2016

Not an anime

This show is awesome but please don't categorize it as anime anime is made in japan this was made in the USA
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2015

Overrated as heck.

Violent, overrated, and just plain BORING!!! X-( I can't bear waiting 22 minutes for it to end! Plus, it's trying too hard to make a rip off of anime, and it would make anime look pathetic! Yours, Goatworlds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byManyuTheReviewer August 10, 2015

A Great Story With Awesome Action

The story revovles around Aang and his friends Toph, Sokka, Katara, and (later) Zuko. This series portrays to use violence as a last resort, do not think of taking life as an easy thing, and everyone can change. Aang is a great role model he prefers peaceful methods over violent ones and refuses to kill anyone and always tries to find another way. Sokka is inventive person who is loyal to Aang even after a few rough patches. Katara is a spunky girl who refuses to quit at anything one she's set her mind to it. Toph is confident girl who wants to break out of being the "traditional girl". Zuko is person who is trying to change himself from being a vengeful man to be more like Aang. This is however part of the larger Avatar: The Last Airbender franchise which includes: a movie, many video games on all operating systems and platforms, as well as book, comics, and a sequel series.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesome chipunk July 22, 2015

Best show ever

This show is so good. The animation is well done, the series is amazing, has great characters, and really funny. This is one my favorite shows. I would recommend this show to anyone, including adults.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLuke34 July 18, 2015

Amazing series!

Avatar: The Last Airbender is an amazing series, flawless in almost every way. The animation style is fun, creative, and very unique. Very imaginative and compelling storyline. Each character's personality shines through, and there's lots of character development throughout the three seasons. The show features plenty of humor, but only the best humor on the block. There's no rude, corny humor that you would expect from most other Nickelodeon shows. The Asian mysticism, spirit beliefs, and gurus may have some worried. But, like my older brother said, it's just kind of like The Force in Star Wars. Actually, the worst thing about this show is its sequel TV series, The Legend of Korra. In conclusion, this series is timeless, charming, funny, and thought-provoking. I highly recommend it to kids 8 and up...even teens and adults love this show!
Kid, 8 years old July 12, 2015

Very violent,thrilling show is great but not as good as The Legend of Korra.

My rating:TV-MA for bloody violence throughout,some language,and some disturbing content.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMShamster June 21, 2015

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is incredible, and easily beats all of the crud that Nicktoons is currently airing (cough cough Breadwinners). The characters are 3 dimensional and interesting (BTW, my favorite is Toph). There is a lot more to the show than just mindless fight scenes, and the messages that it brings across are very important lessons for kids to learn. The animation is also incredible. They always have beautiful and creative backdrops that are amazing to watch. All in all, this show is amazing. You and your kid will love and never forget it.
Kid, 12 years old May 24, 2015

The Best TV Series of All Time

So what, maybe this was popular with 8 year old boys, but it's still my favorite show. Ever. Wait till your kids are older just so they can recognize and remember its awesomeness forever.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJocastaTheWeird March 21, 2015

Complex characters

This is such a good show, and it doesn't even have anything in it to threaten the "good" bit. No swearing, no sex (apart from a few kisses), and the only violence there is is bloodless (and not really that violent, anyway). The only reason I marked it as "iffy" for eights is 'cause I don't think eights and under would get a lot of it; character motivation-wise. For example, there's a char. who starts as the main villain, becomes an anti-hero, and then is a hero for a short while before going back to a semi-villain, and then finally settling into a hero again. Little kids wouldn't get this. It'd just go over their head and then they'd be confused. It's just really deep, complex character development and motivations. They're like real people! //sobsniff//
Teen, 13 years old Written byFathomT February 19, 2015

Great fun for kids, almost as much fun for adults

This is easily one of the best kid-oriented cartoons out there. This show blends humor, drama, martial arts, and fantasy, all while being a "kid's show." Most kids will love the show for at least one of those things. And, honestly, so will most adults. The there are only two reasons why I docked a star. One is that the humor occasionally becomes kiddish, and that's not a complement. The other is that the plotting occasionally dives into the soapy realm. Those issues don't come up too much, which is why I only docked one star. The violence is fantasy violence and the animator a and writers do a good job at making deaths unclear, so much so that kids will not pick up on ANY deaths. There are very PG relationship dramas (a kid has a secret crush, someone asks out a lady that is engaged, etc.). However, the person didn't know the lady was engaged, and it was an arranged marriage that she did not want. (I did say things would get soapy). This is a great family show for those with younger kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byElectricCraze February 17, 2015

I have never seen such a good review!

I love this show! It has great messages, and awesome story lines! The animation is great, and the characters lovable. It has a good philosophy It has loads of great story lines, great messages, it is just as good as can be. It explores good subjects, like romance, friendship, honour, ect... The universe is gigantic, and the background of each tribe is awesome. This makes it the best show I have ever seen.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrecociousBubblegum February 15, 2015

Really Amazing

When I was little, I would come home from school every day and watch like 5 episodes of this show on Netflix. Beautiful animation and storylines, with imaginative characters. BTW, all you Toph fans out there, I am your sister. Toph is easily the best character on this show. The characters are all likable and relatable. Great show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byanimebiscuit November 12, 2014

Excuse me commen sense media.

This show is A work of art, and ahem legend of Korra is not as good, so I think this deserves five stars and LOK deserves four.
Kid, 7 years old June 5, 2014

I love Avatar!

I really love Avatar - me and my sister used (well, we still do now) to pretend to be Katara (we always argued about who was to be Katara and in the end we were both her) and practice to water bend, and if my brother was there he would be Sokka. I should think this series is great, especially for home-school children like me who can watch it all day! :)
Kid, 9 years old May 21, 2014

No review, just watch :D

Okayyy I was kidding bout the no review thing I am totally gonna review and this is what I have to say EVEN MOST ADULTS LOVE It!!! BUY!!! You shall be amazed and this show taught me many things
Kid, 8 years old May 17, 2014
LEARNING

has

I love it! it is as good as good as the legends of Korra.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWalter Kovacs May 4, 2014

Recommended wholeheartedly!

The greatest kids show I've ever seen. Great character development, mature, interesting plot arcs without any gore or iffy content. Usually upbeat, optimistic and funny for kids. A must-watch.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybri1919 February 10, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorpenny January 11, 2014

Awesome!

This brilliant cartoon (with an awful movie adaption) is filled with "bending", which is when characters control the elements (fire, water, air, and earth). The bending is sometimes used for fighting and sometimes for building or farming. "Sex" never goes beyond occasional kissing. Sometimes characters call each other "stupid" or say "darn", very mild language. The show is filled with positive messages: tolerance, respect, and discipline are encouraged, while hate, greed, and destruction are looked down upon. All of the main protagonists make mistakes and learn from them. There is even educational value for academic purposes ("..clouds are made of water and air.."). All in all, there is some violence, but it is heavily cancelled out by positive messages.
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

I'M THE AVATAR AND YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!!!

Avatar: The Last Airbender is an action-packed and entertaining show that every person should watch. The main character, Aang, is the Avatar who needs to defeat the Fire Lord to save the world and end the century-long conflict called The Hundred Year War. Aang is a bright and caring character who is compassionate for others and would NEVER use his bending abilities to take a life. It is part of his Air Nomad nature. (He is also a vegetarian!) But, I am getting a little to far ahead of myself. The four nations, Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads, leaved in harmony until the Fire Nation attacked the other nations which started the war. Only the Avatar can master the four elements, Water, Earth, Fire, and Air, and stop the Fire Nation. But, when the world really needed him, he disappeared. One hundred years later, brother and sister, Sokka and Katara discovered the new avatar, and airbender named Aang. "Although his airbending skills were great, he's got a lot to learn if he wants to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world." -Quote from Katara The show has hilarious characters with strange personalities that bring the show to life. Zuko, the main antagonist, has a "scarring" backstory which explains how he is and why he wants to capture Avatar Aang. Katara is a very inspiring characters and cares for her companions which makes her a positive role model. The show tells multiple messages like "Never give up with a fight","Friendships can last even longer than a lifetime", or "No matter how things seem to change, don't forget who you are". Which makes the show full of educational value wrapped up in a AWESOME action package. " I'M THE AVATAR AND YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!!!" -Quote from "The Legend of Korra"