All member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Teen, 14 years old Written byicefire22 April 9, 2008

My favorite show!!!

Avatar is one of the best shows on right now.I watched the premeir with my friend and we both got hooked. I haven't missed a single episode. It has the perfect mix of all the ingredients for an AWESOME tv show.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykataraiscool123 April 9, 2008

A must-watch show for everyone!!

Unlike most anime cartoons of its kind, Avatar The Last Airbender has some kind of appeal to pratically anyone who watches it. Be it the awesomely-fun-to-watch water, fire, earth and air bending, the character growth of each and every character in the show, or the growing romantic relationships between some of the characters, this show has something for everyone. When Katara and Sokka, a brother and sister from the Northern Water Tribe find the current reincarnation of the Avatar frozen in an iceberg, the fire nation's plot to overthrow the Earth and Water nations is put on a hold, as 12-year-old Avatar Aang, the last surviving Airbender, Katara, and Sokka (joined by Toph Bei Fong in season 2) fly around the world as Aang struggles to learn the other three elements-Earth, Water, and Fire before the arrival of Sozan's Comet, at which time the Fire Lord harness its power and end the war. What is so unique about Avatar is that it lacks most of the mind-numbing punching-violence type action of other anime cartoons. Once you watch enough, you really get to know and understand the characters as actual people. Almost every episode has some kind of character development, major plot-affecting change, etc. This is not only a show for its target audience of 8-11 year old boys, but for anyone who can handle its awesomeness (and little children who are scared of like...martial arts fighting shouldn't watch, but besides that everyone can!!).
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

i LOVE this show

I love this show so much.I never miss a episode. you have to at least see one episode. my 28 year old brother and i watch every episode. he love's it. it is my favorite show.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2012

good or bad

it is a good show just sometimes it is foul
Teen, 13 years old Written byaa April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byCandy Girl 101 April 9, 2008

A must-see for all kids and adults!!!!!

Avatar is my most favorite show ever! The characters are witty and the scenery is beautiful, even for a television show!! I became an obsessive the minute the first show aired!! There is no way to describe how cool this show is. I rate it, on a scale of 1-10, a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000....you get my point. Hope ya like it!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybbyvoice_shade July 7, 2013

Top notch, but for older kids

I love Avatar: The Last Airbender! I started watching it when I was 6, but it was a little too old for me. The males in this show can be very violent, as can some of the females. The characters often yell at each other, but are good role models overall. There are scantily clad females and kissing as well. But overall it has very positive messages.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2013

Best Cartoon Ever Made!

I have been hooked on this show ever since I watched my first episode. Not only is it the many life lessons you can learn from the show or the interesting and quite exciting plot, but it's just not your regular cartoon. It makes you really want to watch every episode; the use of good role-models, like the characters Aang and Katara, Iroh, and others, and those humorous characters, such as Toph and Sokka, make it something worth watching. It's very appropriate, for any age, adults too! I think the show has a more personal aspect, and people can learn about many lessons in life, just as many of the characters do as well. Altogether, the cool story, interesting and well thought-out characters, educational-ness, and great animation, makes it one of best cartoons ever. At least in my opinion :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byzinko1991 January 27, 2013

A must-watch show.

This is the best show I have ever seen, in all the different aspects of good TV shows. Amazing character development, important life lessons that are taught through the character's mistakes and morals, really great and thought out plot, and had the perfect balance of suspense and thrill.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieMaster14 September 5, 2012

The best cartoon Nickelodeon ever made!

Amazing. Incredbile. A Masterpiece. However quite violent and sometimes creepy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMakorra July 23, 2012

Amazing!

Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette July 5, 2012

Clever, enchanting cartoon is the best Nicktoon so far.

Avatar: The Last Airbender is the best Nickelodeon show I have come across, even surpassing Invader Zim's satire and dark wit. Imagination, humor, beautiful animation, drama, and a sigh-inducing romantic side-plot propell this amazing cartoon to the top. The plot revolves mostly around the young Avatar found in an iceberg named Aang. To save the world, he must defeat the fire lord, and side-plots, epic adventures, and cool mythical creatures weave their way into the story, exploding into an epic 4 part finale. The first episodes start slow, but be patient, because the storylline builds into a suprisingly deep kid's show. I give this show 10 OUT OF 5 STARS and recommend it for ages 8 AND UP. In summary; THIS INCREDIBLE CHILDREN'S SHOW WEAVES HUMOR, TEARS, BEAUTY, EVIL, COOL CREATURES, DEEP CHARACTERS, AND GREAT ANIMATION IN AN EPIC CARTOON THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS!!! WATCH IT!
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2012

gir approves!

this is probably my fave show. the graphics are great, the storyline is awesome! now for the review education: 2/5. teaches about martial arts messages: 3/5. promotes friendship and teamwork characters:4/5. great characters. i will not list all the traits; it will take all night. GO SOKKA!!!!! violence: 3/5. its a martial arts show. what would make you possibly think its not violent? anyways, it is violent, just not desperate. sex: 0/5. aang crushes on katara. only like, 3 kisses throughout. cussing: zippo consumerism: 1/5. movie. reliable sources tell me it was crappy. drinking/drugs: zippo
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 January 14, 2012

Really good show (P.S. This still airs on Nicktoons Network)

I used to watch this show a lot, but now I can't see it since it's only on Nicktoons Network, and my TV doesn't have that channel anymore. But I think it's a good show and has positive messages and role models, and only about 2 villains remain villains at the end. OK for kids 8+. Violence: Some martial arts violence and mild peril, and some large battles (the biggest probably being during the series finale) But nothing too graphic is shown, and only a little blood is ever shown. Sex: Some females are shown in bathing suits and some VERY mildly revealing outfits, some crushes between characters, and some kisses. But nothing farther than that.
Kid, 10 years old February 7, 2011

awesome for kids 7 and up

love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoped111 January 28, 2011

toph is my faverite

very good show i started watching it when i whas 14 and have seen most episodes. the characters are good rolemodels for kids. i am suprised i didn't read anyone mentioning toph a blind bender who worked through her disability. the show was deeper in some parts than i thought it would be and might scare some young children such as zukos father atacking him. overall very good.
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2010

My favorite anime,but has some minor details you may not like

This show is the best,no doubt.The messages are very positive,mostly coming from Aang.He shows that you should never give up on anything,no matter how hard it is.But there are some scenes in the third season that may overwhelm little kids.Zuko and Mai are a couple and kiss in the third season.On the very last episode,Aang and Katara kiss,which probably won't please parents because Aang is only twelve,which is a little too young for kissing.Also,Katara is 14,which makes her 2 years older than him.

I love it