All member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Teen, 13 years old Written byHobbs and Calvin January 24, 2013

romance??

This was an amazing show by Nickelodeon. It had everything any cartoon would ever need................ ever....................romance, action, deep intellectual themes, and even suspense and anticipation. The violence is very mild, with only one big injury of a main character, and this injury shows lots of blood, but the blood looks nothing like blood at all, in fact, I had to look it it for a while to see what it is. Overall, the most intense parts are with the bending of the element fire, and no blood or burning comes of that. The main thing that I was surprised that Commonsense didn't write about, was the fact that the two main characters (Aang and Katara) kissed 3-4 times. That in itself isn't that sexual at all, but the weird thing about it was that Katara (age 14) kissed Aang (12 years old) for some 5+ seconds. First of all, after a 2 second kiss, it is making out........ kids 12 and 14 should NOT BE MAKING OUT! And second, Katara (the girl) is older than Aang by two years.............. and two years is a big difference at that age........ so on the show it kind of looked as if Aang was Katara's little brother, and they were making out............... I don't know, but that was a little weird for me, and may be awkward with younger kids..... so just decide for yourself!
Teen, 13 years old Written byspenguin November 12, 2012

BEST SHOW EVER!

I have loved the series since episode one and that was when i was 5! The story is good. And the characters are amazing. They are all strong and have something that makes each of them different. Even though they are cartoons they are great role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieMaster14 September 5, 2012

The best cartoon Nickelodeon ever made!

Amazing. Incredbile. A Masterpiece. However quite violent and sometimes creepy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBriand19 August 14, 2012

cool

Teen, 13 years old Written byLuster August 13, 2012

Best Animated TV Show For All Ages Around

An awesome show, for all ages really. I'm a thirteen year old who loves it, my brothers in college love it, and my dad loves it too. Many of my friends ages 12 - 16 also love this. Don't be hesitant because this show is on Nickelodeon - it's a great show and the best you'll find on that show. First of all, the production is great; there's awesome art, music, and voices. The world is great too. The Earth Kingdom seems to be based off China, the Fire Nation off Japan, the Water Tribes like Siberia and the Air Nomads like Tibetan monks. All of the characters are great, and their journeys are really deep and inspiring. There is a really cool story, and just enough filler episodes for you to get a great view on the characters and still not get bored, plus great humor. And in this engaging, deep storyline is a lineup of great lessons on revenge, war, abuse of power, good and evil, family, and biggest of all - that you can't judge people just from where they come from, that every person can do great things and in return, destroy things. In the beginning of the show you think that the Fire Nation is evil and the rest of the nations are good. But after seeing Iroh, Zuko, and Jeong Jeong you realize Firebenders aren't all badguys, and after seeing people like Long Feng, Hama and General Fong, you see that bad people can come from the other nations, too. However, the great moral of the story is that all of them deserve to be given a chance. As far as violence goes, it's really nothing to worry about - there is lots of action, but nothing bad is shown. There is war, but you don't see the killing that is implied. Several characters die, but their deaths are not shown. And there's little blood. Nothing to worry about in the sex department - there is lots of kissing but that is the extent of the romance, and throughout most of one of the Season 3 episodes, four of the main villains are shown in their swimsuits and bikinis, but it's really not too graphic. No bad language besides Katara calling her brother "sexist" once in the first episode, and definitely has no drugs, drinking, or smoking. Many of the deep parts also extremely emotional, the scene with Azula and her mother in the mirror is very, very sad but deep as you see her sanity deteriorating. All in all, it's great. Children will appreciate the story and characters, teenagers the sadness and action, and adults the strong life lessons imbedded throughout the plot. It's an awesome animated television show for all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMakorra July 23, 2012

Amazing!

Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2012

good or bad

it is a good show just sometimes it is foul
Teen, 16 years old Written byRae-la July 17, 2012

Quite possibly the best show ever.

I'll be honest: I first heard about this show long before I started watching it, and I thought it was going to be overrated. And I kept hearing people praise it so highly, so I finally just caved in and started watching it one day. I was definitely not disappointed. This show is amazing, seriously. It has stellar animation, a large cast of incredible characters, its dark moments, its hilarious moments...really, it's got anything you could possibly need in a TV program. The fact that it's a program meant for children broadcasted on Nickelodeon and it still managed to be great is just one more testament to how ground-breaking this show is. If there was a TV counterpart to Harry Potter (as in, something that started out for children but gained a huge fanbase of all ages, as well as having great characters and being dark as well as funny at times), this would be it. If you have not already checked this show out (and I can't see why you wouldn't), I suggest you do.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette July 5, 2012

Clever, enchanting cartoon is the best Nicktoon so far.

Avatar: The Last Airbender is the best Nickelodeon show I have come across, even surpassing Invader Zim's satire and dark wit. Imagination, humor, beautiful animation, drama, and a sigh-inducing romantic side-plot propell this amazing cartoon to the top. The plot revolves mostly around the young Avatar found in an iceberg named Aang. To save the world, he must defeat the fire lord, and side-plots, epic adventures, and cool mythical creatures weave their way into the story, exploding into an epic 4 part finale. The first episodes start slow, but be patient, because the storylline builds into a suprisingly deep kid's show. I give this show 10 OUT OF 5 STARS and recommend it for ages 8 AND UP. In summary; THIS INCREDIBLE CHILDREN'S SHOW WEAVES HUMOR, TEARS, BEAUTY, EVIL, COOL CREATURES, DEEP CHARACTERS, AND GREAT ANIMATION IN AN EPIC CARTOON THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS!!! WATCH IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow June 30, 2012

Decent martial arts show has nice messages

This show is very good, with a nice cast of kids to do the voices. It is a show about martial arts, so there's definitely some violence, but there is also educational content/positive messages about finding your inner peace and letting go of fear, plus the main characters are great role models for their intent to save the world from the fire nation. There is also lots of humor to even the tone and make it more kid friendly. Great for kids and adults!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 27, 2012

Good, but could be better.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover June 9, 2012

AMAZING SHOW, A MUST-SEE FOR KIDS OVER 6 YEARS OLD. (IF YOU LIKE COMEDY AND MARTIAL ARTS ACTION, AND OF COURSE, ANAME ;) )

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! There is martial arts violence, which shouldn't scare kids over 7 or 8 years old. There is a war going on between the tribes, and several of the characters are evil. There is a bit of kissing, which is not bad at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 June 8, 2012

A show that captures the TV-14 style story but manages to stay in the kid range in a very clever way.

Most cartoons for kids these days are mindless and don't have anything good about them. I said most. There are few that truly are great TV shows and Avatar: The Last Airbender is probably the best of the few. The show has a very compelling story with greatly developed characters that can be funny, evil, and plain out awesome. Thats why I say it has a TV-14 style feel to it. While the show itself is not mature the story is deep and a lot more developed than most cartoons. I could easily see the show's story be in a more mature show. This is one of those shows that would appeal to kids, college students, teenagers, and adults. That's what is so great. It has the deep story line but at the same time it has a innocence that makes it family friendly. The characters in the show are wonderful role models and they are always wanting to help each other out. It's a very well done show with great animation and the voice acting is superb. I really love this show and I think if you give it a try you will too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimehead123 June 3, 2012

Kid-friendly, but not my favorite

This 'anime' came as a huge disappointment to me. I found the story uninteresting and the art style is hardly anime at all. I could hardly sit through one episode. However, it is very kid-friendly and much more appropriate than most animes out there.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2012

...

It's funny and quite nice but do not take it as an anime. Just because there are chinese-type mountains and clouds, it is not from China. *annoyed*
Kid, 10 years old April 13, 2012

Great Show

This show is great! No swearing, occasional blood and it frowns upon violence or anything mildly bad. Very good show!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCriticalMovieRater01 March 10, 2012

6/5 Stars!

Watched the entire series, loved it. 6/5 Stars!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjenjen15 March 4, 2012

My Favorite Tv Show Ever

I adore this show so much. I've watched the whole series at least 3 times already, and I never get tired of watching it! I love all the characters, especially Zuko. He's one of those characters that you love to hate and hate to love. This show is funny and enjoyable. It has many positive messages, and role models and is an all around great movie. One thing I wouldn't recommend, is watching the movie version of the show. Trust me, it's terrible. It's not true to the show, and is a complete waste of time. Great show, just don't watch the movie!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJinxIsMeJ February 23, 2012

I love this series!

Although not traditional anime, this series is an American anime with martial arts, comedy, and a really good lesson. The story is about air benders, fire benders, earth benders, and water benders. They are basically skilled people who know how to use their body to control the four elements through concentration and practice. A young pair of siblings, Katara(who is the last water bender of her people) and Soka, living in the south polar country of a fictional world. They come across a boy named Aang and his giant flying bison Appa, who happen to be frozen in a big bloc of ice. For 100 years(during that time a terrible war broke out between the Fire Nation and all the rest of the world). Oh yeah, and Aang is the very last air bender and is also the Avatar, the almighty powerful being who can control all four elements. Together, Aang, Katara, Soka, Appa, and the new addition Momo (a flying lemur) travel around the world so Aang can learn all for elements before the Fire Nation concurs the war, and also avoiding a whiny banished Fire Nation prince who wants to kidnap Aang and imprison him so that he can return home. I really recommend this series, it matures as Aang and the gang matures and teaches awesome morals to kids.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2012