All member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Teen, 15 years old Written byi_will_never_fo... April 9, 2008

A great show with some real potential...

I think Avatar: the last airbender is an awesome show. As soon as I saw the premiere episodes, I was hooked. Avatar just has that perfect combination of magic and real life. The media is saying that boys, ages 6-11 are hooked on Avatar. I would partially agree with that. Yes, there are many younger children, mainly boys, who like Avatar. But what about the older kids? I know that there are 13, 14 and 15 year-olds out there that are in love with this show. For kids it's more of a mainstream show, where everyone has seen it and everyone thinks it’s an okay show, but for teens, it's more of a cult show, were there are small groups of people who are obsessed with it. It really depends on which group you look at.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatara_* April 9, 2008

i don't cry or laugh,but it was great though

avatar is a real cool show,in fact it's one of my favorites!! but where i live the last episode was the one when the fire nation capture the avatar.and ever sience they put that stupid show catscrach they there nothing good to see.i don't care if they were created by the creator of avatar,it's a still no good piece of--
Teen, 16 years old Written byFoxytutu April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byEarogon April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byDragon_Rider April 9, 2008

Amazing!

It's so amazing! A beautiful blend of Asian mythology and martial arts. Although, I think some of the romances and a few plot schemes in the season 1 finale, may be a bit too intense for 8-year-olds. (Koh, the face stealer, freaked me out and I'm 12.) Nontheless, I love the show and everyone should watch it.
Teen, 16 years old Written by03virgil April 9, 2008

happy

the best
Teen, 13 years old Written byFathomT February 19, 2015

Great fun for kids, almost as much fun for adults

This is easily one of the best kid-oriented cartoons out there. This show blends humor, drama, martial arts, and fantasy, all while being a "kid's show." Most kids will love the show for at least one of those things. And, honestly, so will most adults. The there are only two reasons why I docked a star. One is that the humor occasionally becomes kiddish, and that's not a complement. The other is that the plotting occasionally dives into the soapy realm. Those issues don't come up too much, which is why I only docked one star. The violence is fantasy violence and the animator a and writers do a good job at making deaths unclear, so much so that kids will not pick up on ANY deaths. There are very PG relationship dramas (a kid has a secret crush, someone asks out a lady that is engaged, etc.). However, the person didn't know the lady was engaged, and it was an arranged marriage that she did not want. (I did say things would get soapy). This is a great family show for those with younger kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byElectricCraze February 17, 2015

I have never seen such a good review!

I love this show! It has great messages, and awesome story lines! The animation is great, and the characters lovable. It has a good philosophy It has loads of great story lines, great messages, it is just as good as can be. It explores good subjects, like romance, friendship, honour, ect... The universe is gigantic, and the background of each tribe is awesome. This makes it the best show I have ever seen.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrecociousBubblegum February 15, 2015

Really Amazing

When I was little, I would come home from school every day and watch like 5 episodes of this show on Netflix. Beautiful animation and storylines, with imaginative characters. BTW, all you Toph fans out there, I am your sister. Toph is easily the best character on this show. The characters are all likable and relatable. Great show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byanimebiscuit November 12, 2014

Excuse me commen sense media.

This show is A work of art, and ahem legend of Korra is not as good, so I think this deserves five stars and LOK deserves four.
Kid, 7 years old June 5, 2014

I love Avatar!

I really love Avatar - me and my sister used (well, we still do now) to pretend to be Katara (we always argued about who was to be Katara and in the end we were both her) and practice to water bend, and if my brother was there he would be Sokka. I should think this series is great, especially for home-school children like me who can watch it all day! :)
Kid, 9 years old May 21, 2014

No review, just watch :D

Okayyy I was kidding bout the no review thing I am totally gonna review and this is what I have to say EVEN MOST ADULTS LOVE It!!! BUY!!! You shall be amazed and this show taught me many things
Kid, 8 years old May 17, 2014

LEARNING

has

I love it! it is as good as good as the legends of Korra.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWalter Kovacs May 4, 2014

Recommended wholeheartedly!

The greatest kids show I've ever seen. Great character development, mature, interesting plot arcs without any gore or iffy content. Usually upbeat, optimistic and funny for kids. A must-watch.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybri1919 February 10, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorpenny January 11, 2014

Awesome!

This brilliant cartoon (with an awful movie adaption) is filled with "bending", which is when characters control the elements (fire, water, air, and earth). The bending is sometimes used for fighting and sometimes for building or farming. "Sex" never goes beyond occasional kissing. Sometimes characters call each other "stupid" or say "darn", very mild language. The show is filled with positive messages: tolerance, respect, and discipline are encouraged, while hate, greed, and destruction are looked down upon. All of the main protagonists make mistakes and learn from them. There is even educational value for academic purposes ("..clouds are made of water and air.."). All in all, there is some violence, but it is heavily cancelled out by positive messages.
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

I'M THE AVATAR AND YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!!!

Avatar: The Last Airbender is an action-packed and entertaining show that every person should watch. The main character, Aang, is the Avatar who needs to defeat the Fire Lord to save the world and end the century-long conflict called The Hundred Year War. Aang is a bright and caring character who is compassionate for others and would NEVER use his bending abilities to take a life. It is part of his Air Nomad nature. (He is also a vegetarian!) But, I am getting a little to far ahead of myself. The four nations, Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads, leaved in harmony until the Fire Nation attacked the other nations which started the war. Only the Avatar can master the four elements, Water, Earth, Fire, and Air, and stop the Fire Nation. But, when the world really needed him, he disappeared. One hundred years later, brother and sister, Sokka and Katara discovered the new avatar, and airbender named Aang. "Although his airbending skills were great, he's got a lot to learn if he wants to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world." -Quote from Katara The show has hilarious characters with strange personalities that bring the show to life. Zuko, the main antagonist, has a "scarring" backstory which explains how he is and why he wants to capture Avatar Aang. Katara is a very inspiring characters and cares for her companions which makes her a positive role model. The show tells multiple messages like "Never give up with a fight","Friendships can last even longer than a lifetime", or "No matter how things seem to change, don't forget who you are". Which makes the show full of educational value wrapped up in a AWESOME action package. " I'M THE AVATAR AND YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!!!" -Quote from "The Legend of Korra"
Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2013

Great Family Show

This Avatar has nothing to do with the movie. This show is kid friendly and a show the whole family can watch together. It is a little cheesy, but you really get to know the characters which are good role models. Give it a chance and soon you will be watching it without your kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 November 2, 2013

Avatar is Actually a Very Good Show.

I never thought I would say a kid show is one of my favorite shows. Yes I'm almost 15 and I thought Avatar: The Last Airbender was great. The only reason I even watched it was because of the good reviews. Avatar is a great show, even though it has quite a lot of filler episodes. But most of the filler episodes show up in the first season. Even though there are fillers they still are good episodes. The worst episode is a episode called The Great Divide. Overall everyone should see it. I'm regret not watching it when I was a child because it would have been a great childhood memory.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTommyhead November 2, 2013

Katara is sexy

Katara looks very sexy + she has a crash on Aang, they kiss lots of times and they sleep close to each other.