All member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Kid, 10 years old April 13, 2012

Great Show

This show is great! No swearing, occasional blood and it frowns upon violence or anything mildly bad. Very good show!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCriticalMovieRater01 March 10, 2012

6/5 Stars!

Watched the entire series, loved it. 6/5 Stars!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjenjen15 March 4, 2012

My Favorite Tv Show Ever

I adore this show so much. I've watched the whole series at least 3 times already, and I never get tired of watching it! I love all the characters, especially Zuko. He's one of those characters that you love to hate and hate to love. This show is funny and enjoyable. It has many positive messages, and role models and is an all around great movie. One thing I wouldn't recommend, is watching the movie version of the show. Trust me, it's terrible. It's not true to the show, and is a complete waste of time. Great show, just don't watch the movie!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJinxIsMeJ February 23, 2012

I love this series!

Although not traditional anime, this series is an American anime with martial arts, comedy, and a really good lesson. The story is about air benders, fire benders, earth benders, and water benders. They are basically skilled people who know how to use their body to control the four elements through concentration and practice. A young pair of siblings, Katara(who is the last water bender of her people) and Soka, living in the south polar country of a fictional world. They come across a boy named Aang and his giant flying bison Appa, who happen to be frozen in a big bloc of ice. For 100 years(during that time a terrible war broke out between the Fire Nation and all the rest of the world). Oh yeah, and Aang is the very last air bender and is also the Avatar, the almighty powerful being who can control all four elements. Together, Aang, Katara, Soka, Appa, and the new addition Momo (a flying lemur) travel around the world so Aang can learn all for elements before the Fire Nation concurs the war, and also avoiding a whiny banished Fire Nation prince who wants to kidnap Aang and imprison him so that he can return home. I really recommend this series, it matures as Aang and the gang matures and teaches awesome morals to kids.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2012

Avatar the Last Airbender

Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2012

gir approves!

this is probably my fave show. the graphics are great, the storyline is awesome! now for the review education: 2/5. teaches about martial arts messages: 3/5. promotes friendship and teamwork characters:4/5. great characters. i will not list all the traits; it will take all night. GO SOKKA!!!!! violence: 3/5. its a martial arts show. what would make you possibly think its not violent? anyways, it is violent, just not desperate. sex: 0/5. aang crushes on katara. only like, 3 kisses throughout. cussing: zippo consumerism: 1/5. movie. reliable sources tell me it was crappy. drinking/drugs: zippo
Teen, 16 years old Written bysomerandomguy January 24, 2012

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

This is an amazing show that everyone will love! It is very enjoyable. Although it has a few kissing scenes between Aang and Katara, its still a good show for kids. The violence isn't too bad no real blood or anything just with the elements water, earth, fire and air.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTangiRose January 19, 2012

Watch. Now. Go.

I could ramble on and on about how much I love this show, I could tell you that I've re-watched this series at least five times, I could tell you that it has great morals and has a good impact of kids, I could tell you that there's enough violence to keep well-seasoned anime fans on the edge of their seats, I could tell you that this is one of the best to clean up some of the polluted shows NickToons call entertainment, but I'll just make this short 'n simple. GO WATCH THIS. THE WORLD NEEDS TO WATCH THIS. I'M GONNA CONTACT THE PLANET JACKERS AND ASK IF I CAN BORROW THEIR HUGE TELEVISION SCREEN SO THE WORLD WILL WATCH THIS. Invader Zim referances FTW. BACK ON TOPIC: this is an amazing show. Thank you for reading.
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat January 14, 2012

Asian religious innuendos meet epic fiction and off-screen violence in top-notch action cartoon.

While the amount of on-screen violence is low enough for a TV-Y7-FV rating, there are a lot of implications about the reality of war that may scare many young children. For example, in one episode, one character tried to blow up an entire town that had been taken over by the Fire Nation. There are also many death threats. Sometimes characters are seen with wounds that are barely short of being bloody. A couple of characters die. That said, this is a very well-written show that has some smart plotlines. I remember finding the Ba Seng Se very suspensful back in the day, and today I now understand the complex social parody behind it. And there are a few moments of comic relief that one may find worthy of chuckling at. But most of all, the season 2 finale is epically suspenseful and is one of the greatest season finales I've ever seen in my life, at least when you take out the masterful end of the Cell saga of DBZ. But in any case, brave children from 8-10 may watch it, and they should like it, especially if they are the sort to be interested in action-dramas that have a good use of suspense and serious dialogue.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 January 14, 2012

Really good show (P.S. This still airs on Nicktoons Network)

I used to watch this show a lot, but now I can't see it since it's only on Nicktoons Network, and my TV doesn't have that channel anymore. But I think it's a good show and has positive messages and role models, and only about 2 villains remain villains at the end. OK for kids 8+. Violence: Some martial arts violence and mild peril, and some large battles (the biggest probably being during the series finale) But nothing too graphic is shown, and only a little blood is ever shown. Sex: Some females are shown in bathing suits and some VERY mildly revealing outfits, some crushes between characters, and some kisses. But nothing farther than that.
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2011

Amazing plot, animation all the way through

After three of my friends recommended this TV series, I decided to try it even though I'm not usually into this type of show. After the first episode, I was dazzled and hooked into the world of Aang, Katara, Sokka, and more. As far as parental concerns go, there is a generous portion of battling, fighting, and attacks, but I feel that they're balanced out by the meaningful, exciting reasons these fights take place, and positive messages and role models projected from Book 1 to 3. My whole family loves this show, even my 3 year old sister (although she still runs away at the "too scaaary" parts) My mom and I were so happy to find a Nick show that we all liked, and was excellent. This series is more than just a show. It will introduce so many things to your life, a whole world, full to the brim with excitement and a refreshing break from off-color humor and stereotypes. It's also available instantly from Netflix, which is a big plus. My FAVORITE TV series EVER!!
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2011

Intricate and Amazing!

Yeah, They did miss the part on "The Southern Raiders" where Sokka is expecting Suki to come into the tent but it's actually Zuko, and Sokka is holding a rose in his mouth and is only partially clothed. Other than that, this show is amazing! Whoever came up with it was clearly very clever; the characters are very deep and well-drawn and the plot is very interesting. I have already seen all the episodes but I still watch them over and over. I heard about it from a friend at first and I thought it would be some stupid thing like Dragon Ball Z-Kai. Then I watched it, though, because there was nothing else on, and I got totally hooked. I don't know if youngsters could watch the extreme emotional stuff, but anyways, It's imaginative, emotional, romantic, action-packed, and humourous all at the same time. Love It!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGreysonGirl98 October 18, 2011

It`s Awsome!

I love this show. It`s funny yet thoughtful with great action scenes. The characters are just complex enough to keep interest but not bore. It`s a great show! I've already gone through the entire series and will continue to watch episodes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny August 9, 2011

Awesome show!

Avatar is, like CSM said, a top-notch 'toon. It's about a kid named Aang (not Ong!) who travels the world trying to master all the elements (water, earth, fire, air) to defeat the Fire Lord and save all the nations. Aang is a good role model because he stops at nothing to save the world. There are also plenty of positive messages and lessons taught throughout the course of the show. If you like action, this show is for you! There's also quite a bit of comedy and drama.
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2011

Best TV series ever

Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2011

The best kids show ever.

I don't understand why ANYONE could say that it has violence OR sex, or ANY other thing that's inapropriate for kids in it. It's a TOTALLY appropriate show that DOES have some mild cartoon violence in it, but it's not like you're watching Friday the 13th, and it has some kissing in it, but no REAL sexual content. And really, product placement? It takes place THOUSANDS of years ago and it's not really plausible that there could be any product names in it. It has no cursing or drugs. I'll tell you that these people are CRAZY or don't know how to use this site. It's totally kid appropriate and a funny, entertaining show.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySpaceMarine July 22, 2011

Best Cartoon Ever.

In an age when cartoons seem to becoming steadily dumber and shallower, (look on Nickelodeon and you'll see,) Avatar The Last Airbender stands out as a masterpiece. It features a very strong story, an engrossing, lovingly detailed world, and some of the best and most memorable characters I have ever seen. Though there is plenty of violence it is of the fantasy variety and usually involves the characters interacting with the four elements, and at my count, exactly one person has an onscreen death, and its bloodless. Some scenes involving the bigger fire nation war machines and Koh, the face stealing spirit will scare younger kids but otherwise the show is bright and fun. Deep themes such as honor and family are explored in surprising depth, and I recommend this show to anyone. Final note: Don't see the live-action movie, it is that bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAsterbunny July 16, 2011

Avatar: the last airbender fandom& ect.

I really loved Avatar: The last airbender! I used to watch it when i was younger and i recently downloaded for my younger brother who is 6 and he loves it. The violence is hardly as bad as other cartoons, such as ben 10 or young justice, which my brother also loves. I also think it's important to say that you have to remember it is not just aimed at younger kids, it has to appeal to The 'older fandom' to, that's where pairings come in.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJ-Yo June 30, 2011

Finally, a good, quality show for children to watch. And not just children.

This is appropriate for children eight and up. However, the older the child, the more they will appreciate Avatar for being the only show on Nickelodeon that has any coherent or emotional story. The characters a very complex, each one mirroring the element he or she has control over (Aang is lighthearted and peaceful, like air; Toph is headstrong, like earth). The villains actually have real reasons for being evil, which teaches kids that not all bad guys are cruel because they are, but because they may have been raised in dangerous or corrupt environments and have different ideals. Avatar: the Last Airbender is a show that parents will be able to tolerate, if not enjoy, when their children watch it. It also has good insights into Asian mysticism.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJeusus-Christ man37 June 29, 2011

awesome show!!

i still watch this show. its awesome. i like how they also have strong women benders in the show as well as guys. its very entertaining to watch.