All member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2012

Avatar the Last Airbender

Teen, 16 years old Written bysomerandomguy January 24, 2012

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

This is an amazing show that everyone will love! It is very enjoyable. Although it has a few kissing scenes between Aang and Katara, its still a good show for kids. The violence isn't too bad no real blood or anything just with the elements water, earth, fire and air.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTangiRose January 19, 2012

Watch. Now. Go.

I could ramble on and on about how much I love this show, I could tell you that I've re-watched this series at least five times, I could tell you that it has great morals and has a good impact of kids, I could tell you that there's enough violence to keep well-seasoned anime fans on the edge of their seats, I could tell you that this is one of the best to clean up some of the polluted shows NickToons call entertainment, but I'll just make this short 'n simple. GO WATCH THIS. THE WORLD NEEDS TO WATCH THIS. I'M GONNA CONTACT THE PLANET JACKERS AND ASK IF I CAN BORROW THEIR HUGE TELEVISION SCREEN SO THE WORLD WILL WATCH THIS. Invader Zim referances FTW. BACK ON TOPIC: this is an amazing show. Thank you for reading.
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2011

Amazing plot, animation all the way through

After three of my friends recommended this TV series, I decided to try it even though I'm not usually into this type of show. After the first episode, I was dazzled and hooked into the world of Aang, Katara, Sokka, and more. As far as parental concerns go, there is a generous portion of battling, fighting, and attacks, but I feel that they're balanced out by the meaningful, exciting reasons these fights take place, and positive messages and role models projected from Book 1 to 3. My whole family loves this show, even my 3 year old sister (although she still runs away at the "too scaaary" parts) My mom and I were so happy to find a Nick show that we all liked, and was excellent. This series is more than just a show. It will introduce so many things to your life, a whole world, full to the brim with excitement and a refreshing break from off-color humor and stereotypes. It's also available instantly from Netflix, which is a big plus. My FAVORITE TV series EVER!!
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2011

Intricate and Amazing!

Yeah, They did miss the part on "The Southern Raiders" where Sokka is expecting Suki to come into the tent but it's actually Zuko, and Sokka is holding a rose in his mouth and is only partially clothed. Other than that, this show is amazing! Whoever came up with it was clearly very clever; the characters are very deep and well-drawn and the plot is very interesting. I have already seen all the episodes but I still watch them over and over. I heard about it from a friend at first and I thought it would be some stupid thing like Dragon Ball Z-Kai. Then I watched it, though, because there was nothing else on, and I got totally hooked. I don't know if youngsters could watch the extreme emotional stuff, but anyways, It's imaginative, emotional, romantic, action-packed, and humourous all at the same time. Love It!
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2011

I only need to say a few things here, so none of my long insightful rants. Good plot lines, believable characters, and it's just as good now as it was when it first aired.
Kid, 9 years old April 22, 2011

Great show!

On my "best shows over" list! P.S: When is the review for Chrono Crusade on Syfy going to be up? I love that show!
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2011

Love it!!!

Great show!!! Good for all ages, very great role models and it is just as awesome as Dragon Ball Z Kai!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2011

Really good

Its perfect overall the show is based on a child that is the Avatar his name is aang he is a 112 years old the violence is as in any other martial arts show But the most important thing is Katara and Aang have kissed varius of times and so has Zuko and his girlfriend
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2011

everyone can watch it

This is the best tv show ever! i have watched it since it came on and i have seen nothing wrong with it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

Action scenes, comedy, great animation!

I'm not a big fan of action/adventure anime, but this one has got to be my most favorite by far! It's funny, dramatic, and just plain cool! But I have noticed that the storyline seems to lag. And thus, whenever I watch it, I feel just a little bit uncomfortable. I have to praise the animators, though. It's one of the best american animes I've seen!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHWADOB February 18, 2011

Absolutely amazing, this is my second favorite show of all time!
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2011

fine

well it has alot of action in it but its okay for kids i love it the last epsode aang and katara kiss like 9 seconds then its over a great show
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 12, 2011

awesome show!!

i still watch this show. its awesome. i like how they also have strong women benders in the show as well as guys. its very entertaining to watch.
Teen, 17 years old Written byposter56art January 12, 2011

good,but not for kids under nine

the first episode should be avoided for kids under nine,because Katara calls Sokka "sexist".Zuko and Uncle Iroh sometimes make the head chop sign,and sometimes Aang and Katara kiss,but other than that,WONDERFUL SHOW!!!!!!! i love the jokes,and i love how it includes asian tradition and lots of fantasy
Kid, 8 years old January 9, 2011

Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2011

I love this show!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2010

Water, Fire, Earth, Air... These are the components to a hit anime series for kids...

Alright, let's begin. We have a bald kid tasked with saving the world. Eh. Now, a bald kid that is the last of his kind and must learn 3 real ancient Chinese martial arts to defeat the ultimate martial artist in a showdown to the death. Eeeeh. Did I mention the animals, battles, Kung Fu, and the fact that they actually ended the series instead of cancelling? Eh YEAH! I have personally seen all 3 seasons, and this is one of the ultimate animes! The kung fu is actually real! The role models are great and there are some really good lessons learned. There is a lot of combat, but no blood. Also, it is rarely physical. A great show for all, and the fans of Aang are awaiting the next series, Legend of Korra!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKforKitty101 November 4, 2010

Hooray! An anime I like!

Great show! Another job well done by Nick! I love Sokka, he's so funny! I cant wait for the spin-off show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBieberFeverLove August 21, 2010

One of my all time favs, but a few minor concerns but still great!

Avatar: The Last Airbender is an excellent series! It is my all time favorite! It is educational because it teaches viewers about the past; for example; the (water) tribes and how people used to live long ago. Although it is fantasy it has a LOT of action/martial arts. There is fighting in almost every episode which is very entertaining for certain viewers over age 8 (my personal rating) There are many good role models such as Aaang (of course) who is a very outgoing and passionate 12 year old boy, Katara who is a sweet and kind teenager, Sokka for his humor, and for Zukko who started off as the bad guy in the beginning and turned to the good side in the end. They send positive messages by showing the care and emotion between the characters. The only concern is the romance between most of the characters such as Katara and Aaang. The kissing is more appropriate for ages 8 and up as I stated before. Otherthan the romance and the fighting scenes the series is one of the best yet and will sure keep you wanting more!