All teen and kid member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Teen, 13 years old Written byravenfan101999 July 24, 2010

For kids 9+

I like the show alot! I can't say anything really bad about it except the violence. There are kids of all ages in it. I mean the main character is just a kid... I think there is some educational value to the show since it is like asia in ancient times with a fiction twist on it.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2010

Sweet Show! NEWS FOR NEW AVATAR SERIES IN THIS REVIEW!!!

When I first watched this with my brother i thought it was going to be another nicktoons cheesy cartoon. But after a while this show became my favorite cartoon of all time!!! The creators of this show deserve oscars or something. Speaking of awards, the episode Lake Laogai won a Primetime Emmey Award and the show won the nick choice awards, genisis awards, the annie awards 3 years in a row for charecter animation and storyline! Also for all fans of Avatar, I was looking at wikipedia and it said their will a new Avatar series called The Ledgend of Korra. Exact relese dates will be set on July 24-25 at the annual Comic Con in San Diego. Of course if you don't have the paticene to go there google wikipedia or avatar wiki. THIS IS NO FAKE RUMOR CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Avatar July 23, 2010

Fantastic Show

Avatar the last airbender is the story of the Avatar. A reincarnated person who can control the four elements, water, air, fire, and earth. Others can only control one element or none. This show has some Asian mysticism, for example, there are spirits of forests, of the moon, of the ocean, and so on. Otherwise this show has a good message in never giving up on people, or yourself. In the first season, The main character Aang (the avatar) was discovered frozen in ice by two other characters... Katara (a water bender) and Sokka (Katara's brother, not a bender). Aang, Katara, and Sokka search for a water bending teacher in the North Pole, they fly on their flying byson, Appa (who was also frozen with Aang), Aang realizes that he is 100 years in the future, when he was frozen, everyone thinks the Avatar has disappeared. Since then the fire nation has killed all of the Air Nomads (except Aang, because he was frozen) and invaded other places, including killing Katara's mother. Another two characters, Zuko (who was banished from the fire nation and has a large scar on his left eye) and Iroh (Zuko's uncle, a cheery man who loves tea and gives great advice) were sent out to find the Avatar. One thing that is great about this show is the story of Iroh, Iroh was a fire nation general when Zuko was a young child, he thought he had the vision to capture the earth kingdom capital... when he went to the city, he had a major defeat, including losing his son in battle, almost all of his advice to either Zuko or others comes from his past experiences. He is almost a role model to children because he was on the path of evil, but he turned away from it and is trying to do the same with Zuko (he is trying to stop him and turn him good). That is partially the first book (more like the first episode) but this show is great for people, it is violent because of the bending and all, but other than that, its a really good show.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2010

An Amazing TV Series

An amazing TV show. There may be too many hard concepts to understand, and some more complicated, but no adult jokes, but they are surrounded with kid friendly material, funny jokes, and great and well developed characters. But it is not all for the little ones, there is a lot of violence, but no blood, and concepts about society and living and stuff that kids younger than 7 will not understand. Just as an introduction, Aang, the Avatar, the only capable person on this different planet who can master all four elements (Water, Earth, Fire, and Air) and Aang was born as an Air Nomad, and almost mastered airbending. He realizes in the story that after being rescued from being frozen in an iceberg in the first episode, that he was in there for 100 years, and that a war brought on by the fire nation has occured. He quickly tries to master all four elements with his friends Kitara, Sokka, Toph, and avoiding enemies, Zuko, Zhao, Iroh, Azula, Ty Lee, Mai, and Ozai, before Sozin's Comet arrives and finishes off of what is left of the world.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStiny July 18, 2010

This is the best show of all time! it is dark, edgy, and kicks butt. Move over, spongebob, avatar took your throne by far as the best nickelodeon show. However, i would not let my 6-year old cousin watch this. It would be too much.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2010

really good even for older kids

i really love this show! It is really funny and enjoyable! i am 12 and i still love to watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinterpercussion July 17, 2010

The Best Animated Series ever on the history on T.V

This is the far best cartoon I have ever seen in my life I'm 13 and I love is so much. All the messages were AMAZING. The story line was the best ever! It was so good I still talk about it with one of my friends. I didn't want it to end it was awesome. The ending was great. I love how Zuko became the good guy and watch him change as well as all the characters thought all 61 episodes (I think that's right). I would recommend it to anyone! P.S The violence isn't bad but 1-7 might think it's too much. P.S.S favorite cartoon ever!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2010

Its a good show see the movie

I love this show!
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2010

Amazing

An amazing show with an epic story. Anyone, even adults, can enjoy this show. There is lots of fantasy violence, but it is all non-graphic and most of the time no one is seriously hurt.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshanno15 July 14, 2010

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good

Best show on Nickolodean, beautifully made and hilarious at times!
Teen, 17 years old Written bycatielynn147 July 12, 2010

Kind of Violent for kid under 7

I love Avatar the Last Airbender.However I think a child who is under 7 will think that solving your problems with violence is the answer. I think that this show is great for older kid. It's a really awesome show
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 July 9, 2010

Best animated show on nick (besides spongebob-- he's classic!) :)

My whole family loves this show!!! It has great messages and the animation is beautifully done. The story is well put together and follows up every episode. It even refreshes your memory by saying "Previously on Avatar" and shows snippits from important episodes. Instead of a theme song, Avatar has this little naration thing in the beginning, which tells you what the show is about. I typed it here: "Long ago, the four nations lived in harmony. Then, everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements could stop him, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. Then, my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, and airbender named Aang. And although his air bending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world." It's a great show, but you'll enjoy it more if you watch it in order.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2010

Great show with a nice storyline, good for 8+

I love this show. My only concerns are violence and very mild sexual content. There are a few kisses in the series, and one of the main characters has a crush on another throughout the series. There is a war going on and people get hurt quite a bit in the show. It can educate you about Chinese culture. The show gives a very powerful message of "violence is not the answer." The heroes are role models, and also around the age of people who watch the show, so they can relate.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2010

One of my favorites

Its my third favorite show.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2010

its a real good tv show. not inappropriate at all. even my dad loves it! p.s. Appa( the flying bison ) is cute.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2010

Avatar: The Last Good Show Bender

This was a good show, but towards the end of season 2 and the rest of the series, it kind've got dark, and lost that fun feeling. It's still very funny though!
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2010

i like avatar because i'm one of it's fan,but,i think avatar is 10 and above,because so many violence,kissing,and one of the critics,criticize the forbidden love of Sokka and Yue in Season 1,because Yue has a fiance.
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2010

Avatar is always on!

The good things are, the characters are friends, and even though they get in fights, something happens and they are resolved. Lots of fighting. Some conclude to injury, even death. Death is rare though. Even on the last battle, Aang spares Fire Lord Ozai, the worst man in the world's life and takes away his powers. Peril is involved with weird creatures popping out of nowhere at times. The sex isn't that bad, but sometimes Aang and Katara kiss on the lips, and on the last episode get married. Many are in love with each other, and express it in actions, not words.
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2010

aWesome show

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2010

Fully Awesomesaucealicious

My all-time favorite TV show! Action, adventure, humor, and even a pinch of romance mixed in! It's good for tweens because most of the main characters range from ages 10-17, so we get to relate to the characters.