All member reviews for Babar and the Adventures of Badou

Elephant prince's escapades teach kids social lessons.

Adult Written byCharles Faulkner June 25, 2012

A little prince with a big heart, good friends and a great Grandpappy :)

Not a bad show altogether - has a wonderful educational message, and a very easy lead in to forming friendships, even when it's tough (such as Badou and Tersh, Ambassador Crocodylus' nephew). Contains a very slight scariness in some episodes, such as chase scenes involving Badou / his friends and a couple of characters (Sleek the Panther, and Prospero the bush pirate), but there is no actual physical violence, and most of the scariness is really mild - some younger children might be a wee bit put off but to be honest, most I know find this quite exciting. You know your child better than anyone else though, so I'd say it's up to you to judge how your little one will react.
Kid, 9 years old August 17, 2014

not so great.

my 6-year-old sister, Caroline said that Babar's father dies in the series so it is not for kids under 6 or 7.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews June 18, 2014

I've Seen Much Worse Remakes

I mildly enjoyed this one, it wasn't exactly a good show like the original series but it definitely surpassed other ABC remakes like Angelina:The Next Steps and 2010's Fireman Sam. Unfortunately we don't see much of the triplets or Isabella in this series, not even the oldest one, who happens to be Badou's father. It was surprisingly a lot more action packed and less drama filled than what I remembered from the original, which I rather like. There isn't much to worry about in this show beside some mild peril, after all this is rated Y. I'm probably being a bit too nice to this show, since there are much better shows you could watching, but trust me, there are MUCH worse things than this to be complaining about.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytiramisu March 30, 2012

Good for kids who haven't seen the non-3-D-one

Why did they change it to weird 3-D-ish animation i liked it before.
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2011

this show sucks i hate it so much that i can't say anything. SO inapropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bypa2425 March 4, 2011

i grew up watching this show and continue to love it and my daughters love it to they LOVE elephants so this show is just that much better to them!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoonCrystal February 28, 2011

Why do they try to fix things that do not need fixing?

It seems fine for little kids. I just don't see why they have to put it in 3-D when it was perfectly fine before hand.