All member reviews for Barney & Friends

Love him or hate him, Barney is a hit with preschoolers.

Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2011

Barney is AWESOME!

Barney is an awesome show. People who say it has smoking or violence in it are liars. Barney is an educationaI TV show that everyone can enjoy. I still watch it and I think it's meant for kids 1- adult. Adults can still enjoy it because it doesn't matter how old you are watch what you want!
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

Stop LISTENING TO THOSE LIARS! Barney is EDUCATIONAL!

Guys, STOP LISTENING TO THOSE Liars that say "Barney take drugs!" or "Barney SMOKE!", Barney is Educational! He teach kids " ABC, 123, AND MORE!"- ajroxs111
Teen, 15 years old Written byMLGPro420 November 25, 2015

Fat dino

The dinosaur teaches kid to become fat, lazy peasants. Everyday, off-camera. Barney feeds kids a fat spell where the kids become 300 times bigger than they were before. No wonder how we have so many fat people in this world, Barney was the one who brainwashed those people to eat, eat, and eat. The skinny people like us got taught by our parents to not do this, or never watched Barney.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysillysasha123 August 25, 2015

From the eyes of pre-schoolers...

Well... being 15, I am tempted to write that this show is horrifying and scary and the kids singing the alphabet and nursery rhymes are like 10... but keep in mind that this show is for pre-schoolers. So let me just dig into my memory vault and see what I can remember from 11 years ago... :) Well there are definitely some positive sides to it. The show finds catchy ways to teach typical pre-school ciriculum in a catchy, active way (it encourages the kids to dance and sing along). Then, while they may be older than they are supposed to be, this program does include live kids, just like the viewers. Kids in that age group always want to be like the "kids on TV", and these kids behave themselves well I suppose, so they are good role models. (I remember always wishing I could go to "Barney world" to play with those kids, as long as I didn't have to meet Barney XD ) Which bring me to the only legit low point I can think of on the show. To be honest, I find Barney's design sort of disturbing (And this is something I always noticed). The way his teeth are all one white line, and how he is always smiling creepily. In fact, it wasn't until several years after I outgrew the show that I figured what Barney is supposed to be [a T-rex]. Preschoolers often times still don't know how to distinguish reality and make believe, especially with the real kids on the show, so if they find the Barney design as scary as I did, it could lead to multiple problems. (This goes for the other dinosaurs too). All in all, yes it is educational, and relatable, but due to the odd character design in the "real world" I would say it isn't the best choice for more sensitive pre-schoolers
Teen, 17 years old Written byCrappola December 4, 2015

Very inappropriate.

This show is EXTREMELY INAPPROPRIATE. Nobody under 20 should see this extremely naughty show. In episode 3 called "Different Way", Barney smokes weed and gives kids cigarettes. He gets drunk at a bar called "The Drunkosaurus", and he gets Riff to commit suicide, and cuts kids heads with his special knife.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

A very nice show for the little ones!

Ahh, memories! This takes me back so long ago. I am sure babies and toddlers will love this show! And even though I do not watch it anymore (obviously) I still think it is a great show that parents should watch with their little ones.
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2015

WHY DO THEY EVEN SHOW RERUNS?

I know I am WAY too old for this show so some may say it's not my place to review it unless I am a parent of small kids. HOWEVER.......this show needs a review because this show is awful and stupid and the guy in the Barney costume DID get arrested and so did the creator and the creator's son. Also, in one episode they were scratching Barney's butt WHAT THE HECK THAT IS SO GROSS! No one let their kids watch this show!
Kid, 10 years old October 16, 2015

Awful

In one episode a girl stuck out her middle finger!
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2015

Worst. Show. EVER!!!

Barney is stupid and creepy! When I used to watch this show, it gave me nightmares. And guess what folks the rumors are true. The guy playing Barney got fired because he said a cuss word on live TV! So before showing your kids just watch it. You will cry.
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2014

This is so nice... it's, SCARY!

OOF! I just fell in the pit of doom! It's really just...uh, boring,but... no, wait it's just boring. It's really good for teaching pre-schoolers, but when you turn 8, it's devil.
Teen, 13 years old Written byF-Zero studios September 11, 2010

Now this is a cute show

Keep Barney, Thomas, and Caillou Remove The good night show
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2010

Barney is stupid

I hate Barney why in this world he have to do that to those poor kids I think Lady gaga is bettter!
Kid, 9 years old December 16, 2013

Crappola

This is the stupidest show EVER!Never watch this,or your kids will be corrupted by thinking that purple dinosaurs are real.All my sisters hate it,even the 4 year old. BLAHHH!This is such f---ing crap!
Kid, 7 years old March 18, 2015

Most of you parents think this is a kids' show....

Nope! In one episode Barney teaches children how to hump. They also use tons of bad words -- worse than South Park (search "Inappropriate Messages in Barney" on YouTube). Not for kids 14 & under!
Teen, 13 years old Written byYour_Happy_Birdy January 24, 2015

I-N-A-P-P-R-O-P-R-I-A-T-E

Hey reviewers! It's Happy here to tell you all about the show, Barney and Friends. To let everyone know, it is horrible! Yes, it teaches kids about "life lessons," but kids these days would already know about these lessons, such as, "Be yourself," or ,"Practice makes perfect." Plus, Barney is a stalker with that crazy song."I love you, you love me," bla bla bla bla bla bla bla! He stalks your children like a predator or a kidnapper by singing songs and acting like he knows your children! It's totally inappropriate! Even my 4 year old sister dislikes it! So, I say it is INAPPROPRIATE for all ages.
Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2014

NOT FOR KIDS!!!

This show is EXTREMELY INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN! No one under 20 should see this extremely naughty show. Barney ALWAYS points at his NUDE butt. They even KILL each other. :( this show is not for kids!!!
Adult Written bySSburk April 9, 2008

You have to love Barney!

I don't really like Barney but my daughter does and she only gets good things from him and his friends. I can't stand to watch it because it's so slow and deliberate but she really enjoys the singing and learning so go for it Barney!
Teen, 15 years old Written byKids Media USA June 21, 2015

Entertaining dinosaur with educational value

This show shares excellent and educational value with young children! I caught the "I love you" part as my first word, and it was FROM this show! Barney has some adult humor, like being a dinosaur that's frequently hugging children, which some parents might think of as p-dop--lia, but nothing serious.
Parent Written byrandomguy222 June 9, 2015

Barney will frighten kids

He doesn't really scare me but he looks like he could be frightening to children and other people.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDegrassiFanBoi March 18, 2015

Just as bad as The Simpsons.

Look at the innuendo. Not for anyone under 12.