All member reviews for Barney & Friends

Love him or hate him, Barney is a hit with preschoolers.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byLoving_Parent762 December 3, 2009

Keep your kids away from this show.

This show teaches kids to always be followers and never to be sad. If there is a problem, you can solve it with magic and singing etc. Barney has no educational value and dozen't even try to teach. All the show is are bright colors and loud sounds to keep kids watching. The show also promotes kids to constantly eat cookies, cake and ice cream to be happy. The show also presents no reality such as no conflict or bullying, because of this, kids won't know how to deal with real world issues. Do your kid a favor and don't allow them to watch Barney, all they will want are Barney tapes and toys.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bysnack January 18, 2009

Talks down to the kiddies

Kid's are smart. So, why do we allow them to watch dumb shows like Barney? They love it, but they also love cookies and ice cream - doesn't mean it's good for them! This is the "junk food" of educational kid's shows. Sesame Sreet showed that you can teach kids without talking down to them - which is all that Barney does. Should you keep your kid's away from it - no! But, at least let them see other quality shows, like Sesame Street for education and The Upside Down Show for REAL imagination.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2011

Barney is AWESOME!

Barney is an awesome show. People who say it has smoking or violence in it are liars. Barney is an educationaI TV show that everyone can enjoy. I still watch it and I think it's meant for kids 1- adult. Adults can still enjoy it because it doesn't matter how old you are watch what you want!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBaseballfan67 June 23, 2009

Stupid Show

I hate this show. Me and my friend made up a song, "Barney is a dinosaur with no imagination, stepped into a doctors office and had a vaccination"
Parent Written byResponsibleParentOf2 September 14, 2012

Barney is WAY too scary!

He's a dinosaur for crying out loud! Do we want our children to be freaked out and think that dinosaurs are still alive?!?! AND HE TALKS!!!! Imagine if a big purple dinosaur came up to you and started talking!! I'M SUING TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
Teen, 15 years old Written bylinglingrocks218 April 9, 2008

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! it's awful!

No one ever watch this!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the worst show on tv! If your kids end up with problems, blame this dinasour and the teletubbies -- this show scares me! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymommy of 3 October 8, 2009

Not worth my children's time

His shows do not assist children in learning to deal with negative feelings and emotions. As one commentator puts it, the real danger from Barney is denial: the refusal to recognize the existence of unpleasant realities. For along with his steady diet of giggles and unconditional love, Barney offers our children a one-dimensional world where everyone must be happy and everything must be resolved right away
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2011

Worst Show In The History Of Shows

All I have to say is, "Oh yeah. Purple Dinosaur GREAT role model. And also: STOP TALKING CLASSIC SONGS AND CHANGING THE WORDS!!!!!"
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2011

B-B-Barney? Please get out of my house! AAAAAAH!!!

Ah, another one of those, I'm a big guy in a costume, worship me, kind of shows. Oh dear. Well, Barney really was a hit with some pre-schoolers, back when I was one. Now, they know better. Let's be honest. Where are these kid's parents? Hmmm? Why is Barney ALWAYS with them? Hmmmmmmm? Is he always following them? I don't know. What I do know is, you should avoid him, and his disturbing show. My Verdict: And purple dinosaurs that sing shall be hit with a meteor forthwith!
Parent Written bySMNetwork April 7, 2015

This is not quality television.

I don't like it. It doesn't teach kids anything. All it teaches them is negative things. Well, if you excuse me, watch Girl Meets World, Martha Speaks or an American Girl (make sure it's Samantha, Felicity, Molly, Kit or Chrissa. Saige, McKenna and Isabellle aren't quality. Well, some of Isabelle is good.) movie. Terrible! Go watch Girl Meets World instead! It has real positive messages and I met the cast and they were nice!
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2015

Worst. Show. EVER!!!

Barney is stupid and creepy! When I used to watch this show, it gave me nightmares. And guess what folks the rumors are true. The guy playing Barney got fired because he said a cuss word on live TV! So before showing your kids just watch it. You will cry.
Written byAnonymous February 20, 2015

Why is this show on Sprout and not on something like Adult Swim? Under 15 needs 100% strict parental/big-sibling guidance.

This is worse than iCarly and SpongeBob combined. According to the reviewers on IMDb, Barney instructs children to cheat, lie, steal, and talk to strangers as friends. He also curses at his students like they are punished. Not to mention he touches kids inappropriately, sings "I Love You" to them and calls each other "best friends" (when in reality they're just the dinosaur's acquaintances or normal friends). I have seen this one when I was little and it affects tons of kids. Instead of TV-Y it should be rated TV-14; the uncut version shoud be a high TV-14 or low TV-MA.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2015

Bad Dino!

Oh no. This swearing, alcoholic, scary, immature purple dino is NOT something for kids of any age. When barney dropped a pencil, he gave an F bomb. He went to jail for it kids! Barney probably takes drugs, assuming from his immature behavior. I've seen a 2 year old act better. And I mean, a purple dino who talks! Is there anything I have to explain giving that information? This show is also un-educational because a. dinosaurs are extinct! b. even if they weren't extinct, they still wouldn't be able to talk! If your kids have mental or anger issues, blame this show, and don't say I didn't warn you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYour_Happy_Birdy January 24, 2015

I-N-A-P-P-R-O-P-R-I-A-T-E

Hey reviewers! It's Happy here to tell you all about the show, Barney and Friends. To let everyone know, it is horrible! Yes, it teaches kids about "life lessons," but kids these days would already know about these lessons, such as, "Be yourself," or ,"Practice makes perfect." Plus, Barney is a stalker with that crazy song."I love you, you love me," bla bla bla bla bla bla bla! He stalks your children like a predator or a kidnapper by singing songs and acting like he knows your children! It's totally inappropriate! Even my 4 year old sister dislikes it! So, I say it is INAPPROPRIATE for all ages.
Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2014

WOW!!! IT'S THE LAMEST SHOW EVER! YAY!!!!!

I hate barney. The world hates barney. You'll hate barney.
Kid, 9 years old November 1, 2014

CSM Really??

This show sucks to the max (TSSTTM). Once he said lets shake our BEEP BECause its so BEEEP awesome Ha Ha. Barney is simple it is offensive it is not educational It is scary WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to scary for very young children People think we should watch this crap I agree with all Barney haters becaus it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid LITTLE KIDS MAY LIKE IT BUT WE DONT
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 2, 2014

Bad

It's not the all time worst show ever however it is pretty annoying and stupid, Barney is a stupid Dinosaur that talks stupid and Theme song is annoying and bad dont let your kids watch Barney and Friends If you Watch your Children to watch something Educational then let them watch Bob The Builder or Sesame Street
Adult Written bycheeseburgerhamilton September 19, 2014

Worse than 'Game of Thrones'!

For a television series, 'Barney & Friends' is the darkest, most inappropriate show out there. Barney often has intercourse with women, sometimes more than one at once, (graphic nudity is usually shown) and can often be found doing drugs or smoking weed at the start of each episode, and is usually drunk by the 5-minute mark. The purple dinosaur was also a soldier in Iraq, and viewers are often shown bloody flashbacks of war and prison torture. Along with all the sex and violence is frequent, explicit use of just about every swear in the book. Barney is also a Satan-worshiper, and each episode often ends with him talking to the devil. As if all this wasn't enough, guests on the show include Kim Kardashian, Justin Bieber, Samuel L. Jackson, etc., prompting young viewers to watch these celebrities in action... which will not end well. And to top it all off, there is a conspiracy theory that Barney is using his so-called "musical abilities" to brainwash young children for Phase 1 of his plan to rule the world.
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2014

Horrible

This scary dinosaur creeps kids out, and once said the f word on tv because he dropped a pencil! Curse word, and bad self control.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Barney is GAY.

This is worse than Caillou and Teletubbies combined. Barney is so creepy and teaches kids to be gay, sneak into school, etc.