All member reviews for Barney & Friends

Love him or hate him, Barney is a hit with preschoolers.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byLoving_Parent762 December 3, 2009

Keep your kids away from this show.

This show teaches kids to always be followers and never to be sad. If there is a problem, you can solve it with magic and singing etc. Barney has no educational value and dozen't even try to teach. All the show is are bright colors and loud sounds to keep kids watching. The show also promotes kids to constantly eat cookies, cake and ice cream to be happy. The show also presents no reality such as no conflict or bullying, because of this, kids won't know how to deal with real world issues. Do your kid a favor and don't allow them to watch Barney, all they will want are Barney tapes and toys.
Parent Written byResponsibleParentOf2 September 14, 2012

Barney is WAY too scary!

He's a dinosaur for crying out loud! Do we want our children to be freaked out and think that dinosaurs are still alive?!?! AND HE TALKS!!!! Imagine if a big purple dinosaur came up to you and started talking!! I'M SUING TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
Parent of a 2 year old Written bysnack January 18, 2009

Talks down to the kiddies

Kid's are smart. So, why do we allow them to watch dumb shows like Barney? They love it, but they also love cookies and ice cream - doesn't mean it's good for them! This is the "junk food" of educational kid's shows. Sesame Sreet showed that you can teach kids without talking down to them - which is all that Barney does. Should you keep your kid's away from it - no! But, at least let them see other quality shows, like Sesame Street for education and The Upside Down Show for REAL imagination.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2011

Barney is AWESOME!

Barney is an awesome show. People who say it has smoking or violence in it are liars. Barney is an educationaI TV show that everyone can enjoy. I still watch it and I think it's meant for kids 1- adult. Adults can still enjoy it because it doesn't matter how old you are watch what you want!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBaseballfan67 June 23, 2009

Stupid Show

I hate this show. Me and my friend made up a song, "Barney is a dinosaur with no imagination, stepped into a doctors office and had a vaccination"
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymommy of 3 October 8, 2009

Not worth my children's time

His shows do not assist children in learning to deal with negative feelings and emotions. As one commentator puts it, the real danger from Barney is denial: the refusal to recognize the existence of unpleasant realities. For along with his steady diet of giggles and unconditional love, Barney offers our children a one-dimensional world where everyone must be happy and everything must be resolved right away
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2014

Horrible

This scary dinosaur creeps kids out, and once said the f word on tv because he dropped a pencil! Curse word, and bad self control.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Barney is GAY.

This is worse than Caillou and Teletubbies combined. Barney is so creepy and teaches kids to be gay, sneak into school, etc.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 19, 2012

One of the worst little kid shows i've seen in my entire life.

I wish this dinosaur got killed.It's one of the worst little kid shows (Dora The Explorer being the #1 worst).The song "I Love You" makes my ears wanna bleed! The acting is horrible,the graphics are pretty bad,and the music SUCKS.Parents,don't let your kids watch this! Introduce them to Sesame Street or Blue's Clues instead!
Teen, 15 years old Written bylinglingrocks218 April 9, 2008

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! it's awful!

No one ever watch this!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the worst show on tv! If your kids end up with problems, blame this dinasour and the teletubbies -- this show scares me! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old November 1, 2014

CSM Really??

This show sucks to the max (TSSTTM). Once he said lets shake our BEEP BECause its so BEEEP awesome Ha Ha. Barney is simple it is offensive it is not educational It is scary WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to scary for very young children People think we should watch this crap I agree with all Barney haters becaus it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid LITTLE KIDS MAY LIKE IT BUT WE DONT
Teen, 14 years old Written byTaylorSwiftFan8910 August 21, 2012

Bad influence!!!

"Barney" smokes and cusses. Don't bother. Horrible influence!!! Plus his music causes panic attacks and involves kissing, and young kids don't need to be introduced to that!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2011

Worst Show In The History Of Shows

All I have to say is, "Oh yeah. Purple Dinosaur GREAT role model. And also: STOP TALKING CLASSIC SONGS AND CHANGING THE WORDS!!!!!"
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 19, 2014

Horrible.

What the f**k is this bloody s**t? It teaches kids NOTHING AT ALL. It's also annoying and boring. Steer clear of Barney & Friends.
Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2013

F****** show in the whole world

I hate this show, it is califocker, drugs, and makes me so so so so so so so so so so so so sick and makes me barf so hard. and other stuff. WE NEED TO KILL THIS DINOSAUR!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2013

No no no

Barney teaches kids how to curse, In episode 3 he grabs a machine gun and kills everyone in sight, discovers a beer bottle while on a boat and forced kids to smoke. He even has sex with Baby Bop at night, And he cuts kids heads with his special knife. This show is rated TV-MA LSV
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

Stop LISTENING TO THOSE LIARS! Barney is EDUCATIONAL!

Guys, STOP LISTENING TO THOSE Liars that say "Barney take drugs!" or "Barney SMOKE!", Barney is Educational! He teach kids " ABC, 123, AND MORE!"- ajroxs111
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

WE NEED TO KILL THIS DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!

First of all,this show is not that edecational.I mean,the PARENTS need to supervise the kids.Not a PURPLE DINOSAUR! Also,the dinosaur is just creepy.I mean,a dinosaur that has purple skin,and a green stomach?! I know Santa Claus and the tooth fairy are real.But purple dinosaur?! No.Just,no! The worst part is that horrible song at the end that I can't stand! It is terribly sad and makes me want to throw him overboard if I were a boat driver.So please parents,for your own good,make your kids avoid this dinosaur,like the flu! Have your kids watch Maisy or any kid show with no breaking the fourth wall and no stupid songs!
Teen, 15 years old Written byfastlane2 July 25, 2011

what the freak?!

it is not educational, for god's sake, it is a purple dinosaur playing with 12 year old kids. i hope those 12 year olds get paid a lot to work on this pointless waste of time and money. P.S. barney is the f-ing devil! run away from the set while you can people who work there! he'll corrupt your mind!!! look out!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

A very nice show for the little ones!

Ahh, memories! This takes me back so long ago. I am sure babies and toddlers will love this show! And even though I do not watch it anymore (obviously) I still think it is a great show that parents should watch with their little ones.