All parent member reviews for Barney & Friends

Parent of a 9, 13, and 16 year old Written byesams June 5, 2010

preschoolers show

i love barney my sdaughter loves it but my 2 sons hate barney my youngest hates barney the most and dosent want barney on there he whishes theyre wasent a show called barney and its educational and has positive messages and good role models and will be for kids 3 and up and is a purple dinosaur with manners besides my youngest son prefers TV-Y7-VL second youngest TV-PG-L and oldest TV-14-SVL and great for preschoolers barney has been on for 18 years now and has 14 seasons and my son olny wanted 1 season with 1 episode but my daughter wanted 30 seasons for 40 years i let all my kids watch it but 2 out of the 3 dont want to now bye
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 27, 2009

godd for little ones

i dont like barney but little kids definetly will. It is a great show for little kids to watch.
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 2, 2015

perverted dinosaur says my 14 year old daughter

my daughter who is 14 says barney is a pervert and my 2 year old loves barney
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykrypto fan August 15, 2009

barney fan

i love barney's happy shoe's and his tap shoe's
Adult Written bybebeyarb April 9, 2008
Adult Written bygreta-elisif April 9, 2008

Stupid

This show is ugly and obnoxious. It is meant to take over the job of parents teaching their children proper social skills. If they let their kids watch stupid shows like this, rather than doing their own parenting, they get what they deserve: annoying kids who could probably be much better behaved.
Parent Written byrandomguy222 June 9, 2015

Barney will frighten kids

He doesn't really scare me but he looks like he could be frightening to children and other people.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byWhitneyRocks1992 May 9, 2014

This show rocks

Hi, I and my daughter watch Barney & Friends every day. I grew up watching this show now my daughter watches it
Adult Written bysjhj1222 April 9, 2008

Good values

Barney, like him or not, helps to teach kids good social values and manners. Two things that seems to be lacking today. He also teaches about good hygeine and using your imagination. Young children seem to respond well to him.
Adult Written bySSburk April 9, 2008

You have to love Barney!

I don't really like Barney but my daughter does and she only gets good things from him and his friends. I can't stand to watch it because it's so slow and deliberate but she really enjoys the singing and learning so go for it Barney!
Adult Written byda_cool_mamma April 9, 2008

Great Learning Show For Young Children!

Barney and Friends is a great show! I do like the older ones, though. They're are more older kids on there, and little kids thought it was cooler. But, nonetheless, my 3-year-old watches Barney ALL the time! When we want her to clean up we break out into "Clean-up, clean-up!" She imediatly starts singing and cleaning! "Please and Thank-You" is also a big favorite! My older kids, who are 11 and 15, hate Barney. But they already know their , manners. I don't expect them to love it, either. Barney has kiddy songs and the clothes are pretty plain. The shows focus more on learnith how to spell, your ABC's, and 123's! Barney is a great preschooler/toddler show!
Parent Written bySMNetwork April 7, 2015

This is not quality television.

I don't like it. It doesn't teach kids anything. All it teaches them is negative things. Well, if you excuse me, watch Girl Meets World, Martha Speaks or an American Girl (make sure it's Samantha, Felicity, Molly, Kit or Chrissa. Saige, McKenna and Isabellle aren't quality. Well, some of Isabelle is good.) movie. Terrible! Go watch Girl Meets World instead! It has real positive messages and I met the cast and they were nice!
Adult Written byLowe's man May 17, 2014

well-intentioned but lacking

Barney is well-intentioned, and I do not deny that he's done good things for kids. Having said that, I must point out that Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo) didn't like Barney. In his eyes, Barney was gentle but simplistic. I agree with Bob Keeshan. Ideas and sentence structure are more complex and high-end on SESAME STREET and MISTER ROGERS, just as they were on CAPTAIN KANGAROO. All 3 of those shows better prepare children academically than Barney. Barney also denies the existence of negative emotions. Let's compare him to Mister Rogers. Although Mister Rogers mainly emphasizes positive emotions, he sometimes does talk about negative emotions and how to deal with them appropriately. Just a couple things to think about before you decide whether or not to introduce your children to Barney.
Adult Written byHo i. February 11, 2017

My down syndrome son would rather play Russian roullete than watch this

Parent Written byImSpidey2 June 7, 2012

Dumb as heck.

This show is unwatchable. To little kids, Barney's a loving and caring father-like figure to young children. But to older kids like me, Barney's a greedy purple devil who wants nothing more but to corrupt children's brains and get paid for it.
Adult Written byyee y. January 31, 2017

Bad.

Bad. Barney shot down a plane with a coconut gun, this isn't realistic because you should never shoot down a plane with coconut guns, and it isn't educational because shooting people with coconut guns is bad. 7.8/10 Too much water, Barney dies, No one cared, Even the kids.
Parent of an infant, 3, and 6 year old Written byMoralParentOf3 March 1, 2017

Sets an EXCELLENT example for kids!

I only let my kids watch shows like Dora, Barney or Sesame Street. This is one of the best shows I've ever seen! It is VERY educational, Barney is a great role-model, and it makes the world seem like a great place to live in! Unlike some of the awful cartoons on CN and Nick, which set horrible role models and are too inappropriate.
Parent of a 2, 5, 13, and 18+ year old Written bySuper U. February 24, 2017
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written byBarneyTheDinoRocks January 5, 2017

Awesome and cool!

This show teaches excellent morals, such as "A stranger is a friend you haven't met", "Problems must be solved right away", and "Be yourself". Plus, the acting is golden, the animation looks like real life, and the characters are lovable, especially Barney.
Parent Written byhannahs2 October 22, 2016

In little ones' eyes, he's the best.

Although you don't view him in Monroe anymore, you can still watch his DVDs. Show your little kids this program and your kids will jubilantly find this program enjoyable. The way he expresses enjoyment is in his learning, songs, and interaction. Though I've outgrown it, you will learn that this show will grow into your little one. This show in learning teaches your letters, numbers, manners, etc. Get your little kid(s) into this "dazzling" creation of this show- it'll by all means spark your kids into the future.