All teen and kid member reviews for Barney & Friends

Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2011

Barney is AWESOME!

Barney is an awesome show. People who say it has smoking or violence in it are liars. Barney is an educationaI TV show that everyone can enjoy. I still watch it and I think it's meant for kids 1- adult. Adults can still enjoy it because it doesn't matter how old you are watch what you want!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysillysasha123 August 25, 2015

From the eyes of pre-schoolers...

Well... being 15, I am tempted to write that this show is horrifying and scary and the kids singing the alphabet and nursery rhymes are like 10... but keep in mind that this show is for pre-schoolers. So let me just dig into my memory vault and see what I can remember from 11 years ago... :) Well there are definitely some positive sides to it. The show finds catchy ways to teach typical pre-school ciriculum in a catchy, active way (it encourages the kids to dance and sing along). Then, while they may be older than they are supposed to be, this program does include live kids, just like the viewers. Kids in that age group always want to be like the "kids on TV", and these kids behave themselves well I suppose, so they are good role models. (I remember always wishing I could go to "Barney world" to play with those kids, as long as I didn't have to meet Barney XD ) Which bring me to the only legit low point I can think of on the show. To be honest, I find Barney's design sort of disturbing (And this is something I always noticed). The way his teeth are all one white line, and how he is always smiling creepily. In fact, it wasn't until several years after I outgrew the show that I figured what Barney is supposed to be [a T-rex]. Preschoolers often times still don't know how to distinguish reality and make believe, especially with the real kids on the show, so if they find the Barney design as scary as I did, it could lead to multiple problems. (This goes for the other dinosaurs too). All in all, yes it is educational, and relatable, but due to the odd character design in the "real world" I would say it isn't the best choice for more sensitive pre-schoolers
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

A very nice show for the little ones!

Ahh, memories! This takes me back so long ago. I am sure babies and toddlers will love this show! And even though I do not watch it anymore (obviously) I still think it is a great show that parents should watch with their little ones.
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2010

Barney is stupid

I hate Barney why in this world he have to do that to those poor kids I think Lady gaga is bettter!
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

Stop LISTENING TO THOSE LIARS! Barney is EDUCATIONAL!

Guys, STOP LISTENING TO THOSE Liars that say "Barney take drugs!" or "Barney SMOKE!", Barney is Educational! He teach kids " ABC, 123, AND MORE!"- ajroxs111
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2011

B-B-Barney? Please get out of my house! AAAAAAH!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byF-Zero studios September 11, 2010

Now this is a cute show

Keep Barney, Thomas, and Caillou Remove The good night show
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2014

This is so nice... it's, SCARY!

OOF! I just fell in the pit of doom! It's really just...uh, boring,but... no, wait it's just boring. It's really good for teaching pre-schoolers, but when you turn 8, it's devil.
Kid, 9 years old December 16, 2013

Crappola

This is the stupidest show EVER!Never watch this,or your kids will be corrupted by thinking that purple dinosaurs are real.All my sisters hate it,even the 4 year old. BLAHHH!This is such f---ing crap!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 29, 2010

Good, innocent show

I loved this as a kid. Now I don't like it as much, but it's still a nice show. It's educational because it teaches kids about friendships, kindness, etc. I think that everyone who says that Barney is innapropriate because they don't like it need to stop.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCrappola December 4, 2015

Crappola. What the heck is this?

I know I am WAY too old for this show so some may say it's not my place to review it unless I am a parent of small kids. HOWEVER.......this show needs a review because this show is awful and stupid and the guy in the Barney costume DID get arrested and so did the creator and the creator's son. This show is EXTREMELY INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN! No one under 20 should see this extremely naughty show. This is the stupidest show EVER!Never watch this,or your kids will be corrupted by thinking that purple dinosaurs are real.All my sisters hate it,even the 4 year old. BLAHHH!This is such fricking crap! This show is annoying and the kids BREAK INTO SCHOOL to play with the stupid dino. VERY INNAPROPRIATE! This show should not be shown on TV. Barney is very scary and purple. I HATE PURPLE! He also has drugs in his tail and encourages kids to smoke them. TOO MUCH SEX, BARNEY IS ALSO A DIABETIC STONER. HE ALSO MURDERS PEOPLE IN THEIR SLEEP. Wow, I really hate this crapfest. The songs are annoying and horrible. This show is just as crappy as Marvin Marvin. If I had 100 dollars for everytime I rolled my eyes when I watched this crap, i'd be more rich than Abraham Lincoln. Please avoid this. This show is not for kids, because he is a creepy stalker full of crap, and he needs to die in a hole in North Korea. He hides drugs in his tail, he smokes and cusses. In one episode a girl stuck out her middle finger! Also, in one episode they were scratching Barney's butt WHAT THE HECK THAT IS SO GROSS! No one let their kids watch this show! Though I used to watch Barney as a tiny kid I realized that Barney's actor sounds like a sick Santa Claus, he takes drugs of the screen (I did lots of research on this, he actually does), and he probably hates kids (he scares them by being a scary sounding purple dinosaur). Never watch Barney. I've made up songs about how bad Barney is it's so bad! Stay away for your kids sake! Nope! In one episode Barney teaches children how to hump. They also use tons of bad words -- worse than South Park (search "Inappropriate Messages in Barney" on YouTube). Not for kids 14 & under! This show is boring, annoying, and the songs are so terrible they make me wanna vomit! Barney and Friends? More like Suckney and Fails! Barney is so frightening it shouldn't even be a show. How wrong is it to make a man put on a dinosaur costume - a purple one - with creepy eyes staring straight at your young child all the time? And singing some weird song talking about loving you even though you don't know it? BARNEY IS OBVIOUSLY A STALKER!!!! Barney ALWAYS points at his NUDE butt. They even KILL each other. :( this show is not for kids!!! The only thing this show teaches how to be an idiot. It just a bunch of freaks dancing around. If I could go into his show I would convince him to comit suicide. Worst show ever! This show is annoying, Barney is gay, and the children are so gullible. Why is a DINO supervising the kids? That makes no sense! Wow children's television, you REALLY let yourself down. This, Dora, Kai Lan, Caillou, Teletubbies, and Boohbah proof that 90% of children's television is dead. First off, I think the plot is just STUPID. A purple dino supervising kids is what the plot is. That makes NO SENSE. Barney is just stupid. He is tell kids that strangers are nice and kind, when they're not. So he is a bad role model. Ah, another one of those, I'm a big guy in a costume, worship me, kind of shows. Oh dear. Well, Barney really was a hit with some pre-schoolers, back when I was one. Now, they know better. Let's be honest. Where are these kid's parents? Hmmm? Why is Barney ALWAYS with them? Hmmmmmmm? Is he always following them? I don't know. What I do know is, you should avoid him, and his disturbing show. My Verdict: And purple dinosaurs that sing shall be hit with a meteor forthwith!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDegrassiFanBoi March 18, 2015

Just as bad as The Simpsons.

Look at the innuendo. Not for anyone under 12.
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2015

Worst. Show. EVER!!!

Barney is stupid and creepy! When I used to watch this show, it gave me nightmares. And guess what folks the rumors are true. The guy playing Barney got fired because he said a cuss word on live TV! So before showing your kids just watch it. You will cry.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2015

Bad Dino!

Oh no. This swearing, alcoholic, scary, immature purple dino is NOT something for kids of any age. When barney dropped a pencil, he gave an F bomb. He went to jail for it kids! Barney probably takes drugs, assuming from his immature behavior. I've seen a 2 year old act better. And I mean, a purple dino who talks! Is there anything I have to explain giving that information? This show is also un-educational because a. dinosaurs are extinct! b. even if they weren't extinct, they still wouldn't be able to talk! If your kids have mental or anger issues, blame this show, and don't say I didn't warn you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYour_Happy_Birdy January 24, 2015

I-N-A-P-P-R-O-P-R-I-A-T-E

Hey reviewers! It's Happy here to tell you all about the show, Barney and Friends. To let everyone know, it is horrible! Yes, it teaches kids about "life lessons," but kids these days would already know about these lessons, such as, "Be yourself," or ,"Practice makes perfect." Plus, Barney is a stalker with that crazy song."I love you, you love me," bla bla bla bla bla bla bla! He stalks your children like a predator or a kidnapper by singing songs and acting like he knows your children! It's totally inappropriate! Even my 4 year old sister dislikes it! So, I say it is INAPPROPRIATE for all ages.
Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2014

WOW!!! IT'S THE LAMEST SHOW EVER! YAY!!!!!

I hate barney. The world hates barney. You'll hate barney.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 2, 2014

Bad

It's not the all time worst show ever however it is pretty annoying and stupid, Barney is a stupid Dinosaur that talks stupid and Theme song is annoying and bad dont let your kids watch Barney and Friends If you Watch your Children to watch something Educational then let them watch Bob The Builder or Sesame Street
Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 15, 2013

Sesame Street is clever, but this? NO WAY!

I used to watch Barney on VHS when I was younger, but I HATE it now. At least Sesame Street held up to me. Let's start with the songs. I'm sorry, but Sesame Street wins this battle. Sesame Street's songs are way more catchy than Barney's songs. The songs on Barney are really annoying. Also, Barney teaches kids to break into school. When the kids go play with Barney, they have to BREAK INTO SCHOOL IN ORDER TO PLAY WITH HIM! Kids have been known to imatate what they see off the screen! Way to turn kids into thugs, Barney! Please parents, AVOID THIS HORRIBLE GARBAGE!
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012

TERRIBLE

Teen, 14 years old Written byiJulia977 April 22, 2009

I lost my mind watching this garbage.

This show is terribe. ALL U PARENTS MAKING UR KIDS WATH THIS, STOP..THEY WILL RETALATE AND HURT U. :) he is a big purple and green dinasour full of crap. This is the worst show in teh world, its just a middle aged man sorrounded by children.