All teen and kid member reviews for Barney & Friends

Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2013

UGH!!!!!

WHAT THE HECK? THIS SHOW IS AWFUL! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY PEOPLE LIKE IT! I'm so effin' glad they took this off PBS Kids! This show teaches NOTHING and his no point! I know, cartoons like Mickey Mouse and Tom and Jerry aren't educational, but still! Take this horrible show off air NOW! I don't want another episode to be made of it ever again!
Kid, 9 years old June 6, 2013

Some kids really hate barney

I hate this tv show. its for super little kids. people in my class are scared of barney. SCAREY BARNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 12, 2013

What the middle finger?

Barney is a very annoying show for the little ones. I Love You is a terrible song, the acting is total crap, and I hate EVERYTHING about this show.
Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2013

Watch Something Else Instead, Will You?

Barney is not for kids. He terrorizes children's minds in reality and it can make them believe that dinosaurs can come alive. Plus, Barney wears no clothes which is natural for dinosaurs. Do not encourage children to watch this. If your child is 2 they seem to like it but see where they are going in 3 years. YES, boredom. Just trust me.
Kid, 8 years old May 6, 2013

borinG!!!

Don't ever watch this again. Kids will scream and have nightmares with 3 scary dinos eating children. HATE IT!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 23, 2013

Ummm....No.

Another fail by PBS Kids. This show sucks so hard. Barney is gay because of the song I love You and he's purple. He's even more gay than Tinkie Winkie from teletubbies (another bad show). Please avoid this crap.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRocketboy1998 April 9, 2013

Epic fail.

Barney & Friends is horrible. It's not as bad as Dora, but still bad. VERY bad. The kids have to BREAK INTO SCHOOL to play with Barney. Also, why would a DINOSAUR supervise kids. That makes no sense.
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2013

It's ok.....

Little kids would LOVE this! They like learning ABC's, 123's, Dancing along to songs, and enjoying all the bright colors and imagination. It teaches a little bit, but very easy basics other shows can teach. They can't show how to deal with real life bullying and teasing. They do show how to share and care, but kids will think it's just a fun song, Their little minds won't understand anything. Sometimes, the point of a dinosaur might scare kids. It's mainly witchcraft with sparkles, size-shifting, and teleporting. It has some potential, It could teach, It might not help with real life problems, it could scare them, and they could believe in witchcraft to help them. We hate it because it's a KIDS show not for us.
Kid, 8 years old March 19, 2013

Cute Show

It is a cute show. Good for little kids but it can drive older kids crazy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 15, 2013

Sesame Street is clever, but this? NO WAY!

I used to watch Barney on VHS when I was younger, but I HATE it now. At least Sesame Street held up to me. Let's start with the songs. I'm sorry, but Sesame Street wins this battle. Sesame Street's songs are way more catchy than Barney's songs. The songs on Barney are really annoying. Also, Barney teaches kids to break into school. When the kids go play with Barney, they have to BREAK INTO SCHOOL IN ORDER TO PLAY WITH HIM! Kids have been known to imatate what they see off the screen! Way to turn kids into thugs, Barney! Please parents, AVOID THIS HORRIBLE GARBAGE!
Teen, 13 years old Written by13ki December 20, 2012

It's Ok.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

AVOID THIS CRAP!!!!!!!! IT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this was made in the era when we still had good little kids shows,because this show is gay! How in the world would a DINOSAUR supervise kids? What makes it worse is that Barney is a PLUSHED TOY before he comes to life,and the PARENTS need to supervise the kids.I hate this crap,it is very terrible,plus BJ and Baby Bop are stupid characters,Barney acts very gay like Justin Bieber,I Love You is a horrible song,the acting is very corny,and everything about this is god awful.This is the second worst little kid show ever next to Dora.This is also a very lame show,it's also annoying,crappy,and awful.I don't recommend this show to parents! IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysamurai 434 November 27, 2012

stuped dino kill him

barney is such a gay wade
Teen, 13 years old Written byTripFoot November 2, 2012

Gives kids the wrong idea of the world!!!

Why is Barney so bad? Is it too childish? Is it too hard for kids to understand? Does it contain offensive content? No, the simple reason Barney is so bad is simple: it gives kids the wrong idea of the world. The world of Barney is all fun and games; the kids have no parents, no responsibilities, always play and sing and have fun, have no negative emotions, and always have easy solutions to all their problems. Yes, when kids are little they shouldn't be 100% exposed to all the realities of life, but they shouldn't be 100% shielded from it, either. Truth is, most of the kids who watch Barney probably have negative emotions (like sadness, anger, frusturation) and not-so-easy problems in their life. Barney & his friends fail to recognize this, and to help the kids understand themselves better. Kids who have negative emotions might feel like they are different, or strange, or might keep these emotions hidden. Barney's world is VERY one dimentional. Kid's views of the world are growing when they are young, so if they see the world Barney-way, they will not grow skills to cope with world. When I was little, I had some friends who watched Barney, and they were always the over-sensitive cry-babies of the lot. For the love of your kids, please don't let them watch this show.
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2012

Good for all ages!

My baby sister watches this all the time! I do too. DTD watches it in my room, but best show ever!
Kid, 10 years old September 4, 2012

Barney is a big NO!

Barney is the most annoying dinosaur on Earth that ever lived! There is almost NO educational value, and it is all singing stupid songs and dancing! I put not for kids is because it is bad for little kids, and it is too pointless, stupid and annoying for big kids! Barney even smiles EVERY SECOND OF THE WHOLE SHOW! He even smiles when he mentions bad stuff like anger and death. Sesame Street is much more educational and better for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byecto1010 August 8, 2012

no and no!

big no
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew July 30, 2012

Make me sick to my stomach!

I want to shoot this dumb dino with a bbgun! This show is really lame! Those three dinos should be knocked out bya brick
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic June 2, 2012

Good TV Show - with education

Barney & Friends will be fun for young kids, but will be boring and too baby-ish for older kids and teens. Barney & Friends generally succeeds as a film worth watching for kids under 6.
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2012

GREAT FOR SMALL CHILDREN

Come on people. You can't hate on Barney. HE'S FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!!