All member reviews for Barney & Friends

Love him or hate him, Barney is a hit with preschoolers.

Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2014

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Letting your kid watch barney is asking for them to be scared. Barney swears for such little accidents such as dropping a pencil. HE DROPS F BOMBS! This show is very immature and scary. The purple dinosaur will give your child a thing or two to have a nightmare about. The purple dinosaur even went to jail! So immature! Also, there are kids thinking that everything he does is okay. Do you want your kid immatating Barney? I hope this review will help you think twice.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 19, 2014

Horrible.

What the f**k is this bloody s**t? It teaches kids NOTHING AT ALL. It's also annoying and boring. Steer clear of Barney & Friends.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 2, 2014

Bad

It's not the all time worst show ever however it is pretty annoying and stupid, Barney is a stupid Dinosaur that talks stupid and Theme song is annoying and bad dont let your kids watch Barney and Friends If you Watch your Children to watch something Educational then let them watch Bob The Builder or Sesame Street
Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 23, 2014

Does anybody have a barf bag?

This show is boring, annoying, and the songs are so terrible they make me wanna vomit! Barney and Friends? More like Suckney and Fails!
Teen, 14 years old Written byErin_aimeee April 1, 2014

This show is AMAZING!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this show. Ever since I was little I watched Barney & Friends and it has stayed good. I am 14 and still love this show. Barney is a great role model and is STILL my role model TO THIS DAY!!! Kids, watch Barney & Friends. Finally, Barney has great strategies for teaching kids to improve and develop counting skills. Barney, in my opinion, is MUCH better than Sesame Street.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybakeranimator February 16, 2014

Barney Review

There are so many things about this show that bother me. I don't even know where to begin! I guess I'll start with the characters. Baby Bop enforces the stereotype that young children are unintelligent. She is supposed to be three years old, but she acts more like a newborn who can speak in full sentences. Not to mention she is whiny, spoiled, and selfish. BJ has a very annoying voice (not as bad as Riff's though, but I'll get to that later) and he is sexist. In one episode he was pretending to be a super hero and Baby Bop wants to play with him. Then BJ says (and I quote) "You can't be a super hero!" Baby Bop: "Why not?" BJ: "Because you're a girl." Riff is less annoying than Baby Bop and BJ, he has creative hobbies (music, inventing) whereas Baby Bop only likes princesses and ballet and BJ likes baseball and super heroes (another stereotype). The only problems I have with Riff have nothing to do with his character, but rather the fact that he was just unnecessary. He also makes the boy/girl ratio even worse, and his voice is irritating, it's basically a rip-off of Chuckie from Rugrats. Now let's talk about the songs. The songs are okay, it's a mixture of classic songs such as "If You're Happy and you Know It" and "Down by the Bay" and some original songs. The only problem is the original songs are very poorly written with the same ABCB rhyme scheme constantly repeated, and the songs are repeated through out the series in very farfetched situations. Example: In one episode some kids are putting on a puppet show and before they start, they sing an often repeated song about putting on a show. In the song they sing "there's gonna be music, there's gonna be dancing!" The puppet show had no music nor dancing. This wasn't a very good example, but if you watch the show, you'll know what I mean. Another thing I dislike about this show is the "dance" numbers. The reason I put quotes on the word "dance" is because the dance numbers have simple movements and are poorly choreographed. Hey, I'm not expecting Broadway dance routines, but these kids are clearly capable of some slightly more advanced dance movements. Speaking of the kids, most of the child actors on the show are terrible, most of them don't even seem to enjoy it. And finally, the mixed and subliminal messages. The show promotes and encourages eating ice cream and cookies and other junk foods, they promote eating healthy foods as well and they identify junk foods as a treat, but they don't seem to get the message that junk food should be eaten in moderation out there. Also, in one episode, which is a parody of The Gift of Magi, after realizing how happy they feel even though their presents are useless, the items they need are quickly given to them and they completely forget about the message they learned. Now don't get me wrong, I am not biased towards shows aimed at younger kids. There are plenty of children's shows I not only not mind, but ENJOY watching with my younger siblings such as Mister Roger's Neighborhood, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Sesame Street, and others. There are even some shows I watched when I was little that I watch now from time to time that I enjoy, and Barney ISN'T one of them. It amazes me how such a bad show is one of the longest running children's television programs of all time. On one last note, I would like to point out how the Barney universe is one-dimensional and problems can be fixed with magic and not in a realistic manner. Kind of like Matilda.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJayLikesCSM November 16, 2013

Dont even bother

Barney is a most wanted criminal on video games. Everyone hates him. He may be appropriate but nobody will watch this junk unless they are 2 or 3 and are completely brainless.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 5, 2013

What the heck is this?

Wow, I really hate this crapfest. The songs are annoying and horrible. This show is just as crappy as Marvin Marvin. If I had 100 dollars for everytime I rolled my eyes when I watched this crap, i'd be more rich than Abraham Lincoln. Please avoid this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 15, 2013

Sesame Street is clever, but this? NO WAY!

I used to watch Barney on VHS when I was younger, but I HATE it now. At least Sesame Street held up to me. Let's start with the songs. I'm sorry, but Sesame Street wins this battle. Sesame Street's songs are way more catchy than Barney's songs. The songs on Barney are really annoying. Also, Barney teaches kids to break into school. When the kids go play with Barney, they have to BREAK INTO SCHOOL IN ORDER TO PLAY WITH HIM! Kids have been known to imatate what they see off the screen! Way to turn kids into thugs, Barney! Please parents, AVOID THIS HORRIBLE GARBAGE!
Kid, 10 years old December 19, 2012

not scary

Barney is not scary
Kid, 9 years old November 18, 2012

Barney=OK I guess

I have never liked barney one bit. My little brother used to like it when he was 2 and now he absolutely HATES it and so do i and my older sibling. I recommend that it is for children 6 and up because it just isn't a show for 1-2-3-4-5 year olds. I do not like this show.
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012

TERRIBLE

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 29, 2010

Good, innocent show

I loved this as a kid. Now I don't like it as much, but it's still a nice show. It's educational because it teaches kids about friendships, kindness, etc. I think that everyone who says that Barney is innapropriate because they don't like it need to stop.
Parent of a 9, 13, and 16 year old Written byesams June 5, 2010

preschoolers show

i love barney my sdaughter loves it but my 2 sons hate barney my youngest hates barney the most and dosent want barney on there he whishes theyre wasent a show called barney and its educational and has positive messages and good role models and will be for kids 3 and up and is a purple dinosaur with manners besides my youngest son prefers TV-Y7-VL second youngest TV-PG-L and oldest TV-14-SVL and great for preschoolers barney has been on for 18 years now and has 14 seasons and my son olny wanted 1 season with 1 episode but my daughter wanted 30 seasons for 40 years i let all my kids watch it but 2 out of the 3 dont want to now bye
Teen, 13 years old Written byKforKitty101 February 6, 2010

Dont even bother watching it if you dont have little ones

Im sorry, but i do NOT like Barney. I mean, he is a good influence on little kids. But for Petes sake, he is so annoying! Plus, he drags THIRTEEN year olds into the baby world. Doesnt he care that theyll get made fun of for that? And he is always so happy it gets annoying.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 27, 2009

godd for little ones

i dont like barney but little kids definetly will. It is a great show for little kids to watch.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykrypto fan August 15, 2009

barney fan

i love barney's happy shoe's and his tap shoe's
Teen, 14 years old Written byiJulia977 April 22, 2009

I lost my mind watching this garbage.

This show is terribe. ALL U PARENTS MAKING UR KIDS WATH THIS, STOP..THEY WILL RETALATE AND HURT U. :) he is a big purple and green dinasour full of crap. This is the worst show in teh world, its just a middle aged man sorrounded by children.
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2009

Barney has so many friends!

I like Barney! I learned the I love you song, and I loved that song because I want to be loyal and friendly but I am!
Adult Written bybebeyarb April 9, 2008