All member reviews for Barney & Friends

Love him or hate him, Barney is a hit with preschoolers.

Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2011

B-B-Barney? Please get out of my house! AAAAAAH!!!

Ah, another one of those, I'm a big guy in a costume, worship me, kind of shows. Oh dear. Well, Barney really was a hit with some pre-schoolers, back when I was one. Now, they know better. Let's be honest. Where are these kid's parents? Hmmm? Why is Barney ALWAYS with them? Hmmmmmmm? Is he always following them? I don't know. What I do know is, you should avoid him, and his disturbing show. My Verdict: And purple dinosaurs that sing shall be hit with a meteor forthwith!
Teen, 13 years old Written byF-Zero studios September 11, 2010

Now this is a cute show

Keep Barney, Thomas, and Caillou Remove The good night show
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2010

Barney is stupid

I hate Barney why in this world he have to do that to those poor kids I think Lady gaga is bettter!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysillysasha123 August 25, 2015

From the eyes of pre-schoolers...

Well... being 15, I am tempted to write that this show is horrifying and scary and the kids singing the alphabet and nursery rhymes are like 10... but keep in mind that this show is for pre-schoolers. So let me just dig into my memory vault and see what I can remember from 11 years ago... :) Well there are definitely some positive sides to it. The show finds catchy ways to teach typical pre-school ciriculum in a catchy, active way (it encourages the kids to dance and sing along). Then, while they may be older than they are supposed to be, this program does include live kids, just like the viewers. Kids in that age group always want to be like the "kids on TV", and these kids behave themselves well I suppose, so they are good role models. (I remember always wishing I could go to "Barney world" to play with those kids, as long as I didn't have to meet Barney XD ) Which bring me to the only legit low point I can think of on the show. To be honest, I find Barney's design sort of disturbing (And this is something I always noticed). The way his teeth are all one white line, and how he is always smiling creepily. In fact, it wasn't until several years after I outgrew the show that I figured what Barney is supposed to be [a T-rex]. Preschoolers often times still don't know how to distinguish reality and make believe, especially with the real kids on the show, so if they find the Barney design as scary as I did, it could lead to multiple problems. (This goes for the other dinosaurs too). All in all, yes it is educational, and relatable, but due to the odd character design in the "real world" I would say it isn't the best choice for more sensitive pre-schoolers
Parent Written bySMNetwork April 7, 2015

This is not quality television.

I don't like it. It doesn't teach kids anything. All it teaches them is negative things. Well, if you excuse me, watch Girl Meets World, Martha Speaks or an American Girl (make sure it's Samantha, Felicity, Molly, Kit or Chrissa. Saige, McKenna and Isabellle aren't quality. Well, some of Isabelle is good.) movie. Terrible! Go watch Girl Meets World instead! It has real positive messages and I met the cast and they were nice!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDegrassiFanBoi March 18, 2015

Just as bad as The Simpsons.

Look at the innuendo. Not for anyone under 12.
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2015

Worst. Show. EVER!!!

Barney is stupid and creepy! When I used to watch this show, it gave me nightmares. And guess what folks the rumors are true. The guy playing Barney got fired because he said a cuss word on live TV! So before showing your kids just watch it. You will cry.
Written byAnonymous February 20, 2015

Why is this show on Sprout and not on something like Adult Swim? Under 15 needs 100% strict parental/big-sibling guidance.

This is worse than iCarly and SpongeBob combined. According to the reviewers on IMDb, Barney instructs children to cheat, lie, steal, and talk to strangers as friends. He also curses at his students like they are punished. Not to mention he touches kids inappropriately, sings "I Love You" to them and calls each other "best friends" (when in reality they're just the dinosaur's acquaintances or normal friends). I have seen this one when I was little and it affects tons of kids. Instead of TV-Y it should be rated TV-14; the uncut version shoud be a high TV-14 or low TV-MA.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2015

Bad Dino!

Oh no. This swearing, alcoholic, scary, immature purple dino is NOT something for kids of any age. When barney dropped a pencil, he gave an F bomb. He went to jail for it kids! Barney probably takes drugs, assuming from his immature behavior. I've seen a 2 year old act better. And I mean, a purple dino who talks! Is there anything I have to explain giving that information? This show is also un-educational because a. dinosaurs are extinct! b. even if they weren't extinct, they still wouldn't be able to talk! If your kids have mental or anger issues, blame this show, and don't say I didn't warn you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYour_Happy_Birdy January 24, 2015

I-N-A-P-P-R-O-P-R-I-A-T-E

Hey reviewers! It's Happy here to tell you all about the show, Barney and Friends. To let everyone know, it is horrible! Yes, it teaches kids about "life lessons," but kids these days would already know about these lessons, such as, "Be yourself," or ,"Practice makes perfect." Plus, Barney is a stalker with that crazy song."I love you, you love me," bla bla bla bla bla bla bla! He stalks your children like a predator or a kidnapper by singing songs and acting like he knows your children! It's totally inappropriate! Even my 4 year old sister dislikes it! So, I say it is INAPPROPRIATE for all ages.
Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2014

WOW!!! IT'S THE LAMEST SHOW EVER! YAY!!!!!

I hate barney. The world hates barney. You'll hate barney.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 2, 2014

Bad

It's not the all time worst show ever however it is pretty annoying and stupid, Barney is a stupid Dinosaur that talks stupid and Theme song is annoying and bad dont let your kids watch Barney and Friends If you Watch your Children to watch something Educational then let them watch Bob The Builder or Sesame Street
Teen, 14 years old Written byWWEWRESTLINGFAN103 January 29, 2014

That Dinosaur needs to get killed

This show about a purple dinosaur with a green tummy and yellow toes called Barney who plays with children and 3 dinosaurs, a Green dinosaur called Baby Bop, a Yellow dinosaur called BJ and an Orange dinosaur called Riff, they sing songs and play together but the problem I have with this show is that Barney teaches kids nothing because all he does is just dance like an idiot and this show is not Educational, its bad, stupid and annoying and the score Im giving Barney and Friends is 10/100 if you want a better Educational children's show then watch Sesame Street or Arthur instead
Kid, 9 years old December 16, 2013

Crappola

This is the stupidest show EVER!Never watch this,or your kids will be corrupted by thinking that purple dinosaurs are real.All my sisters hate it,even the 4 year old. BLAHHH!This is such f---ing crap!
Teen, 16 years old Written byEntertaimentCritic88 November 26, 2013

Stupid as hell.

This show is annoying and the kids BREAK INTO SCHOOL to play with the stupid dino.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJayLikesCSM November 16, 2013

Dont even bother

Barney is a most wanted criminal on video games. Everyone hates him. He may be appropriate but nobody will watch this junk unless they are 2 or 3 and are completely brainless.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 5, 2013

What the heck is this?

Wow, I really hate this crapfest. The songs are annoying and horrible. This show is just as crappy as Marvin Marvin. If I had 100 dollars for everytime I rolled my eyes when I watched this crap, i'd be more rich than Abraham Lincoln. Please avoid this.
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012

TERRIBLE

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 29, 2010

Good, innocent show

I loved this as a kid. Now I don't like it as much, but it's still a nice show. It's educational because it teaches kids about friendships, kindness, etc. I think that everyone who says that Barney is innapropriate because they don't like it need to stop.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKforKitty101 February 6, 2010

Dont even bother watching it if you dont have little ones

Im sorry, but i do NOT like Barney. I mean, he is a good influence on little kids. But for Petes sake, he is so annoying! Plus, he drags THIRTEEN year olds into the baby world. Doesnt he care that theyll get made fun of for that? And he is always so happy it gets annoying.