All member reviews for Barney & Friends

Love him or hate him, Barney is a hit with preschoolers.

Teen, 16 years old Written byNicolee1995 August 10, 2011

Great show for kids!

When I was younger, I was in love with Barney. If there is a bad problem on the show , It gets resolved in a good manner. All that information about the actor getting fired is probably rumors and not part of the show if it was true.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 17, 2009

Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

WE NEED TO KILL THIS DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!

First of all,this show is not that edecational.I mean,the PARENTS need to supervise the kids.Not a PURPLE DINOSAUR! Also,the dinosaur is just creepy.I mean,a dinosaur that has purple skin,and a green stomach?! I know Santa Claus and the tooth fairy are real.But purple dinosaur?! No.Just,no! The worst part is that horrible song at the end that I can't stand! It is terribly sad and makes me want to throw him overboard if I were a boat driver.So please parents,for your own good,make your kids avoid this dinosaur,like the flu! Have your kids watch Maisy or any kid show with no breaking the fourth wall and no stupid songs!
Teen, 14 years old Written byiJulia977 April 22, 2009

I lost my mind watching this garbage.

This show is terribe. ALL U PARENTS MAKING UR KIDS WATH THIS, STOP..THEY WILL RETALATE AND HURT U. :) he is a big purple and green dinasour full of crap. This is the worst show in teh world, its just a middle aged man sorrounded by children.
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2011

B-B-Barney? Please get out of my house! AAAAAAH!!!

Ah, another one of those, I'm a big guy in a costume, worship me, kind of shows. Oh dear. Well, Barney really was a hit with some pre-schoolers, back when I was one. Now, they know better. Let's be honest. Where are these kid's parents? Hmmm? Why is Barney ALWAYS with them? Hmmmmmmm? Is he always following them? I don't know. What I do know is, you should avoid him, and his disturbing show. My Verdict: And purple dinosaurs that sing shall be hit with a meteor forthwith!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byrainbowatnight October 20, 2010

Fun For Kids of all Ages

I used to watch this show when I was younger and now I let my younger siblings watch it. I learn so much from this show and it is still teaching kids of all ages how to act and how not to act.
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2010

Barney is stupid

I hate Barney why in this world he have to do that to those poor kids I think Lady gaga is bettter!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKforKitty101 February 6, 2010

Dont even bother watching it if you dont have little ones

Im sorry, but i do NOT like Barney. I mean, he is a good influence on little kids. But for Petes sake, he is so annoying! Plus, he drags THIRTEEN year olds into the baby world. Doesnt he care that theyll get made fun of for that? And he is always so happy it gets annoying.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 27, 2009

godd for little ones

i dont like barney but little kids definetly will. It is a great show for little kids to watch.
Adult Written bysjhj1222 April 9, 2008

Good values

Barney, like him or not, helps to teach kids good social values and manners. Two things that seems to be lacking today. He also teaches about good hygeine and using your imagination. Young children seem to respond well to him.
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2013

It's ok.....

Little kids would LOVE this! They like learning ABC's, 123's, Dancing along to songs, and enjoying all the bright colors and imagination. It teaches a little bit, but very easy basics other shows can teach. They can't show how to deal with real life bullying and teasing. They do show how to share and care, but kids will think it's just a fun song, Their little minds won't understand anything. Sometimes, the point of a dinosaur might scare kids. It's mainly witchcraft with sparkles, size-shifting, and teleporting. It has some potential, It could teach, It might not help with real life problems, it could scare them, and they could believe in witchcraft to help them. We hate it because it's a KIDS show not for us.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlekaJ1003 April 22, 2012

Good, but needs minor improvments

I watched this when I was a kid, although there is a problem. In the new "Best Fairytales" DVD, it changes the Boy Who Cried Wolf to a girl. I also heard a report that he yelled a bad word at a kid and was fired...
Teen, 14 years old Written byTaylorSwiftFan8910 August 21, 2012

Bad influence!!!

"Barney" smokes and cusses. Don't bother. Horrible influence!!! Plus his music causes panic attacks and involves kissing, and young kids don't need to be introduced to that!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byfastlane2 July 25, 2011

what the freak?!

it is not educational, for god's sake, it is a purple dinosaur playing with 12 year old kids. i hope those 12 year olds get paid a lot to work on this pointless waste of time and money. P.S. barney is the f-ing devil! run away from the set while you can people who work there! he'll corrupt your mind!!! look out!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHTFMime November 2, 2010

I hate this show now!

I use to like this show but now it makes me want to smash my freaking tv!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byyo77 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMovieBuff 900 April 9, 2008

OMG!

This is definitely not a show that I want my kids watching! Show them a show like Blues Clues. It's a lot less violent.
Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2014

NOT FOR KIDS!!!

This show is EXTREMELY INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN! No one under 20 should see this extremely naughty show. Barney ALWAYS points at his NUDE butt. They even KILL each other. :( this show is not for kids!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Barney is GAY.

This is worse than Caillou and Teletubbies combined. Barney is so creepy and teaches kids to be gay, sneak into school, etc.
Teen, 14 years old Written byecto1010 August 8, 2012