Love him or hate him, Barney is a hit with preschoolers.

Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 19, 2014

Horrible.

What the f**k is this bloody s**t? It teaches kids NOTHING AT ALL. It's also annoying and boring. Steer clear of Barney & Friends.
Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2014

What a complete stalker!

Barney is so frightening it shouldn't even be a show. How wrong is it to make a man put on a dinosaur costume - a purple one - with creepy eyes staring straight at your young child all the time? And singing some weird song talking about loving you even though you don't know it? BARNEY IS OBVIOUSLY A STALKER!!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2009

It gets the message but the show needs work

Barney & Friends is a show my 2-year old sister watches she loves it it does get the message of love caring creativity manners and friendship and also its trademark song "I Love You You Love Me" and "Barney is a Dinosaur" it teaches kids at an early age to be a good kid so i give this show a good rating

aaaaaah im scared

this is disturbing
Adult Written bySSburk April 9, 2008

You have to love Barney!

I don't really like Barney but my daughter does and she only gets good things from him and his friends. I can't stand to watch it because it's so slow and deliberate but she really enjoys the singing and learning so go for it Barney!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDegrassiFanBoi March 18, 2015

Just as bad as The Simpsons.

Look at the innuendo. Not for anyone under 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPercyjack September 29, 2013

F

The only thing this show teaches how to be an idiot. It just a bunch of freaks dancing around. If I could go into his show I would convince him to comit suicide. Worst show ever
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 14, 2013

What the heck is this crap?

This show is annoying, Barney is gay, and the children are so gullible. Why is a DINO supervising the kids? That makes no sense!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRocketboy1998 April 9, 2013

Epic fail.

Barney & Friends is horrible. It's not as bad as Dora, but still bad. VERY bad. The kids have to BREAK INTO SCHOOL to play with Barney. Also, why would a DINOSAUR supervise kids. That makes no sense.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJpf0904 February 15, 2016

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA

Watch Fred instead
Teen, 16 years old Written byYOLO IS HOMO June 23, 2013

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

VERY INNAPROPRIATE! This show should not be shown on TV. Barney is very scary and purple. I HATE PURPLE! He also has drugs in his tail and encourages kids to smoke them.
Adult Written bysjhj1222 April 9, 2008

Good values

Barney, like him or not, helps to teach kids good social values and manners. Two things that seems to be lacking today. He also teaches about good hygeine and using your imagination. Young children seem to respond well to him.
Adult Written byda_cool_mamma April 9, 2008

Great Learning Show For Young Children!

Barney and Friends is a great show! I do like the older ones, though. They're are more older kids on there, and little kids thought it was cooler. But, nonetheless, my 3-year-old watches Barney ALL the time! When we want her to clean up we break out into "Clean-up, clean-up!" She imediatly starts singing and cleaning! "Please and Thank-You" is also a big favorite! My older kids, who are 11 and 15, hate Barney. But they already know their , manners. I don't expect them to love it, either. Barney has kiddy songs and the clothes are pretty plain. The shows focus more on learnith how to spell, your ABC's, and 123's! Barney is a great preschooler/toddler show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byYour_Happy_Birdy January 24, 2015

I-N-A-P-P-R-O-P-R-I-A-T-E

Hey reviewers! It's Happy here to tell you all about the show, Barney and Friends. To let everyone know, it is horrible! Yes, it teaches kids about "life lessons," but kids these days would already know about these lessons, such as, "Be yourself," or ,"Practice makes perfect." Plus, Barney is a stalker with that crazy song."I love you, you love me," bla bla bla bla bla bla bla! He stalks your children like a predator or a kidnapper by singing songs and acting like he knows your children! It's totally inappropriate! Even my 4 year old sister dislikes it! So, I say it is INAPPROPRIATE for all ages.
Teen, 17 years old Written byReviewsandFun8910 August 30, 2013

I hate Barney.

Wow children's television, you REALLY let yourself down. This, Dora, Kai Lan, Caillou, Teletubbies, and Boohbah proof that 90% of children's television is dead. First off, I think the plot is just STUPID. A purple dino supervising kids is what the plot is. That makes NO SENSE. Barney is just stupid. He is tell kids that strangers are nice and kind, when they're not. So he is a bad role model.
Parent Written bySMNetwork April 7, 2015

This is not quality television.

I don't like it. It doesn't teach kids anything. All it teaches them is negative things. Well, if you excuse me, watch Girl Meets World, Martha Speaks or an American Girl (make sure it's Samantha, Felicity, Molly, Kit or Chrissa. Saige, McKenna and Isabellle aren't quality. Well, some of Isabelle is good.) movie. Terrible! Go watch Girl Meets World instead! It has real positive messages and I met the cast and they were nice!
Adult Written byLowe's man May 17, 2014

well-intentioned but lacking

Barney is well-intentioned, and I do not deny that he's done good things for kids. Having said that, I must point out that Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo) didn't like Barney. In his eyes, Barney was gentle but simplistic. I agree with Bob Keeshan. Ideas and sentence structure are more complex and high-end on SESAME STREET and MISTER ROGERS, just as they were on CAPTAIN KANGAROO. All 3 of those shows better prepare children academically than Barney. Barney also denies the existence of negative emotions. Let's compare him to Mister Rogers. Although Mister Rogers mainly emphasizes positive emotions, he sometimes does talk about negative emotions and how to deal with them appropriately. Just a couple things to think about before you decide whether or not to introduce your children to Barney.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysanban6 July 22, 2010
This show is great, but in my opinion definitely not for ten year olds. It is so educational! At a glance, you'd probably figure, "Oh, it's all about being a good person", but it's that and SO MUCH MORE. Kids can learn so much educational stuff from this, too! It teaches ABC's, 123's, colors, shapes, body parts, colors, etc. Plus manners and how to be a friend and share and care! My little brother loves it, and I watched it too as a baby. I feel it's not for ten-year-olds because when I was five and in Kindergarden(in 2002), people made fun of me for watching Barney.
Adult Written byHo i. February 11, 2017

My down syndrome son would rather play Russian roullete than watch this

Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2015

Bad Dino!

Oh no. This swearing, alcoholic, scary, immature purple dino is NOT something for kids of any age. When barney dropped a pencil, he gave an F bomb. He went to jail for it kids! Barney probably takes drugs, assuming from his immature behavior. I've seen a 2 year old act better. And I mean, a purple dino who talks! Is there anything I have to explain giving that information? This show is also un-educational because a. dinosaurs are extinct! b. even if they weren't extinct, they still wouldn't be able to talk! If your kids have mental or anger issues, blame this show, and don't say I didn't warn you.